Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 609

Thread: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overturn

  1. #261
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Stop wasting my time. You are the one dismissing every argument is "irrelevant." So stop asking for endless repetition of the arguments.



    Pearls before swine.
    Seriously? Your reply to an inquiry for an actual argument is to paraphrase Matthew at me?

    So, lemme get this straight... you have an actual argument somewhere, but you're just choosing not to let us know what it is?

  2. #262
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    I've got every right I need. My opinion is as valid as yours, moreso since I don't simply stick my head in the sand when I'm challenged. Anyone who thinks they can exclude the Bible from this discussion simply by ignoring it is living in a fantasy world.
    Your book of mythology is as relevant as any other book of mythology. That is to say, irrelevant when discussing law and equality.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Seriously? Your reply to an inquiry for an actual argument is to paraphrase Matthew at me?

    So, lemme get this straight... you have an actual argument somewhere, but you're just choosing not to let us know what it is?
    No, his argument is clear. It's one of those "nuh huh! The bible says so!" arguments. It cannot be supported in logical manner, nor can it be demonstrated through rational argument to be in accordance with the Constitution of the United States. It's a theocratic argument based in oppression and tyranny; a sickening thought process I had hoped died out in the Dark Ages, but has continued to exist in some form since.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #264
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,725

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    I've got every right I need.
    You have no right to not be offended. If you think you do, please quote that statute that says differently. If you cannot quote the statute, then, once again, your position has been proven erroneous and irrelevant.

    My opinion is as valid as yours, moreso since I don't simply stick my head in the sand when I'm challenged.
    Your opinion is as valid as anyone elses. However, you are presenting it as factual, and in that case, it is valueless, because you have refused to see all the evidence that opposes you, and refused to provide any facts that support you. Now, you can keep yelling "LALALALALALA" but it doesn't change the fact that, from a factual position, you've got nothing. Be happy with living life with blinders on.

    Anyone who thinks they can exclude the Bible from this discussion simply by ignoring it is living in a fantasy world.
    This is a staw man argument and demonstrates your dishonesty. Quote where I said that one should exclude the bible from the discussion, or retract.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #265
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    No, his argument is clear. It's one of those "nuh huh! The bible says so!" arguments. It cannot be supported in logical manner, nor can it be demonstrated through rational argument to be in accordance with the Constitution of the United States. It's a theocratic argument based in oppression and tyranny; a sickening thought process I had hoped died out in the Dark Ages, but has continued to exist in some form since.
    Ahh...so it's identical to the arguments used for sharia law. Because some book says so.

  6. #266
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat View Post
    Ahh...so it's identical to the arguments used for sharia law. Because some book says so.
    It is exactly the same arguments used to implement Sharia law. How this thought process occurs in a nation as advanced and educated as ours, I don't know.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #267
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    NO, I need him to answer the question. Having in based in religion doesn't tell me HOW it effects him and his life, The question was what is the tangable effect on his life? Even you above don't explain how. YOu say it harms the institution, and refuse to explain how. The truth is it doesn't and can't harm the institution. If you believe otherwise, answer the question.
    Okay. One. It diminishes marriage by saying that marriage can be between two men or two women. It's like me going on TV and calling Anjelina Jolie a crack whore. Yes it injures her. Two. It puts my kids at risk by advancing the idea that homosexuality is okay, merely a lifestyle choice and not a sexual perversion. I don't want gays going after my kids and claiming it's "normal." Three. It goes against nature and the Bible. You might as well argue "what's the harm in robbing a bank?"

    You're calling a cheap $10 knock-off a Gucci bag. What's the harm in it? Figure it out.

  8. #268
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It is exactly the same arguments used to implement Sharia law. How this thought process occurs in a nation as advanced and educated as ours, I don't know.
    The Constitution is also "some book." Cherry pick much?

  9. #269
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Okay. One. It diminishes marriage by saying that marriage can be between two men or two women. It's like me going on TV and calling Anjelina Jolie a crack whore. Yes it injures her. Two. It puts my kids at risk by advancing the idea that homosexuality is okay, merely a lifestyle choice and not a sexual perversion. I don't want gays going after my kids and claiming it's "normal." Three. It goes against nature and the Bible. You might as well argue "what's the harm in robbing a bank?"

    You're calling a cheap $10 knock-off a Gucci bag. What's the harm in it? Figure it out.
    Seriously, the only response to this is a hearty guffah and then a walk in the opposite direction. Why even bother trying to debate logic with people like this? Their bigoted religion tells them it's bad and then they come up with reasons that make sense in their own minds why that is, and never attempt to look at the issue logically.

    Waste of time debating it, seriously. Just rest assured knowing that history is proving them wrong, just like it has proved every other ridiculous prejudice wrong.

  10. #270
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Okay. One. It diminishes marriage by saying that marriage can be between two men or two women. It's like me going on TV and calling Anjelina Jolie a crack whore. Yes it injures her. Two. It puts my kids at risk by advancing the idea that homosexuality is okay, merely a lifestyle choice and not a sexual perversion. I don't want gays going after my kids and claiming it's "normal." Three. It goes against nature and the Bible. You might as well argue "what's the harm in robbing a bank?"

    You're calling a cheap $10 knock-off a Gucci bag. What's the harm in it? Figure it out.
    One, it does nothing to diminish marriage. Marriage still works as the same institution wherein over half of all first marriages end in divorce. Nothing already done to marriage will happen by allowing other people the right to contract. Two, raising your children is your responsibility. You cannot augment my behavior because of how your children may perceive it. Raise you damned kids yourself. You cannot start acting against my rights because you can't parent effectively to deal with real life circumstances which may occur. Three, your imaginary god has no bearing on me, nor can you lawfully and legally use religious dogma to command the State against the rights and liberties of the individual. To do so is nothing short of an act of treason and tyranny.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 27 of 61 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •