Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 609

Thread: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overturn

  1. #181
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Design requires some one doing the designing. Evolution does not design anything. Learn about evolution before making wild "proven" claims that are not all all proven, or even accurate.
    Poor choice of words on my part since I don't believe in religion or intelligent design. But if the human body evolved, it still evolved in a unique way. Food goes in the mouth, **** comes out the anus. Whether design or evolution, an anus is not a vagina in the same way that a hammer is not a saw. The two are not interchangeable. So two guys love each other. What do you want, a ****ing medal?

  2. #182
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Poor choice of words on my part since I don't believe in religion or intelligent design. But if the human body evolved, it still evolved in a unique way. Food goes in the mouth, **** comes out the anus. Whether design or evolution, an anus is not a vagina in the same way that a hammer is not a saw. The two are not interchangeable. So two guys love each other. What do you want, a ****ing medal?
    A mouth isn't a vagina either, yet, heterosexuals do use it for sexual pleasure. Nor is the hand a vagina, and yet, well, the hand has its uses.

    People, love, and sexual expression are simply more complext than mere anatomy.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #183
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    A mouth isn't a vagina either, yet, heterosexuals do use it for sexual pleasure. Nor is the hand a vagina, and yet, well, the hand has its uses.

    People, love, and sexual expression are simply more complext than mere anatomy.
    When people come forward claiming oral sex is genetic and demand marriage be centered around that, let us know.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #184
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    When people come forward claiming oral sex is genetic and demand marriage be centered around that, let us know.
    That doesn't make a bit of difference to the argument I addressed. And while there is good evidence homosexuality isn't a choice, that really doesn't matter. (I love the choice argument because I think if it is really a choice, we all really shoulc comparison shop. Kick the tires, give it all a test drive. )

    So, stay focused and on point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #185
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    That doesn't make a bit of difference to the argument I addressed. And while there is good evidence homosexuality isn't a choice, that really doesn't matter. (I love the choice argument because I think if it is really a choice, we all really shoulc comparison shop. Kick the tires, give it all a test drive. )
    Your own sexual gratification is your choice but to deny basic biological function and reaction is to deny reality.

    So, stay focused and on point.
    I am. You want to change the law to allow acceptance of homosexuality in the form of marriage. You need more than your personal feelings to justify that change.

    So, stay focused and on point.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #186
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I haven't seen anyone in this thread actually make any claims about genetics except your irrelevant claims...soooooo, are you having a problem understanding what's being said here and need someone to take some extra time to explain it to you or are you just intent on having your own conversation despite what everyone else is addressing?
    Tried and true Jallman. Ignore the individual points made because you aren't man enough to actually argue them then pretend all threads on this subject don't exist.

    Take a look around the forum, the genetic argument has been key from the far left ever since gay marriage was struck down by popular vote.

    And struck down.

    Then struck down again.

    You need more than your feelings to justify changing the law. Try starting there since you run away from actually arguing the specific points I made.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #187
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Your own sexual gratification is your choice but to deny basic biological function and reaction is to deny reality.



    I am. You want to change the law to allow acceptance of homosexuality in the form of marriage. You need more than your personal feelings to justify that change.

    So, stay focused and on point.
    No one has ignored basic body functions. And they have nothing to do with this discussion. Humans always have sought sexual pleasure outside of bodily functions, and in accepted ways. Ways that are accept even today.

    And as for the law, you need more than your personal feelings to deny others rights. How you feel about marriage cannot be imposed on others. If you don't favor same sex marriage, don't marry someone of the same sex. This is easy. No law would require you to marry someone of the same sex or go to such a wedding or even support your children if they choose to enter into one. All that is being requested is that homosexuals have the same right to marry who they love and want to spend their lifes with as you have. Gender of that person has no logical bearing on that discussion today.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #188
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,363
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Tried and true Jallman. Ignore the individual points made because you aren't man enough to actually argue them then pretend all threads on this subject don't exist.

    Take a look around the forum, the genetic argument has been key from the far left ever since gay marriage was struck down by popular vote.

    And struck down.

    Then struck down again.

    You need more than your feelings to justify changing the law. Try starting there since you run away from actually arguing the specific points I made.
    Actually, the genetic argument is not even one of the top 3 arguments used. Build that straw man up though, since you cannot actually argue against the real points used(eg GM is good for families, promotes social stability and so on). When you get around to arguing the points people are actually making, then we will be somewhere.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #189
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Gandalf wishes to chime in again.

  10. #190
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Gene already found. Enjoy

    Gene for Left-Handed Trait Discovered
    And?

    Is there a gene that makes you attracted specifically to your wife?

    No?

    Then you shouldn't be allowed to marry her.

    See how stupid the genetic thing is?

    Bull****. Of course we do. Kids work in stores, kids sign movie contracts, talent shows, etc.
    But we don't allow them marry until they are of age of consent. We don't allow them to do MANY things until they are certain ages. Not my rules dear, and you want to start a thread regarding dropping the legal age of consent, feel free. You'll see me backing that too.


    By that argument its well known that homosexual men spread aids easier so that would fit your criteria but creating law based on a personal claim of no negative consequence isn't sufficient for a justification for changing law.
    Actually, it was your argument. I have no issue at all with allowing siblings to sign a marriage contact together.

    Any more slippery slopes you want to explore instead of actually discussing the topic?

Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •