Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 609

Thread: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overturn

  1. #171
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    lots of straight couples I know have been married yet never have children

    should we call the Spanish Inquisition?
    Yes, if you think that the anti-GM lawyer is correct. After all, he did directly say that Gay Marriage shouldn't be allowed because marriage is for making babies.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #172
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Yes, if you think that the anti-GM lawyer is correct. After all, he did directly say that Gay Marriage shouldn't be allowed because marriage is for making babies.
    Fortunately, the judge apparently saw through that argument and its ridiculous conclusion, at least based on the questions.

    My wife and I are about to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Childless by choice. Guess if the bigots have their way, our marriage would be annulled. As well as many older couples who get married after menopause.

  3. #173
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Yes, if you think that the anti-GM lawyer is correct. After all, he did directly say that Gay Marriage shouldn't be allowed because marriage is for making babies.
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if the judge ruled that any marriage that could not result in children was null and void?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #174
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if the judge ruled that any marriage that could not result in children was null and void?
    QUIET Redress!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't give them any ideas!

  5. #175
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Am I? Do you see me making that claim anywhere? Yes, there are mechanisms within evolution which could account for homosexuality, but could and did are two different things.
    Ok good.

    Actually, that is not proven at all.
    So what other natral way other than heterosexual sex can a woman become pregnant? Honestly I can't believe you are denying this.

    Design requires some one doing the designing. Evolution does not design anything. Learn about evolution before making wild "proven" claims that are not all all proven, or even accurate.
    Read whom you are debating. I never said "design"

    And once again, we see the anti-GM crowd fixated on anal sex. Once again, I ask...can some one explain that fixation to me? It's not like it is the only type of sex gays engage in, or even the most common.
    You've already asked that and its been answered. And pray tell why does it matter?

    I am not blaming any one for anything.
    You've never claimed the votes have been 0-31 because of old people or religion? Are you sure about that?

    If the privileges are the same, then it is effectively marriage. Why are you so scared to call it would it would be then?
    Its not a matter of fear. We simply need more than "they love each other" before changing a law that has been a basis in society for hundreds of years.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Monogamous relationships. What is the best way to promote monogamy? Marriage.
    That doesn't answer my question. Where did you get your facts that marriage slows down STD growth instead of simple committed relationships?

    A significant portion of the military is women.
    Now now Redress. Let's not be coy here.

    Total number of women in DOD forces2 201,575 14.6%.

    Lets not pretend they are not still in the extreme minority when it comes to military service.

    This thread is about gay marriage not the military. Many gay men do not engage in anal sex. Your argument fails on three levels.
    You made the mistake of asking why anal sex is brought up when discussing gays in the military. I've given you the reason. The vast majority of military personell are men. This isn't hard.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #176
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Fortunately, the judge apparently saw through that argument and its ridiculous conclusion, at least based on the questions.

    My wife and I are about to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Childless by choice. Guess if the bigots have their way, our marriage would be annulled. As well as many older couples who get married after menopause.
    I truly commend your decision not to reproduce



  7. #177
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:05 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post

    So what other natral way other than heterosexual sex can a woman become pregnant? Honestly I can't believe you are denying this.

    Read whom you are debating. I never said "design"
    You said "natural procreation is designed exclusively for heterosexual sex", so in fact you did say it. I am not arguing that heterosexual sex was required for procreation, I am arguing that it is not designed. Evolution does not design anything.

    You've already asked that and its been answered. And pray tell why does it matter?
    Not really, no it has not. It does not really matter, I just find it curious and amusing.

    You've never claimed the votes have been 0-31 because of old people or religion? Are you sure about that?
    Not to the best of my knowledge. The closest I think I would come would be saying that those people are the ones most likely to vote against gay marriage, which is not placing "blame".

    Its not a matter of fear. We simply need more than "they love each other" before changing a law that has been a basis in society for hundreds of years.

    Why is that so hard to understand?
    So it would not be the same as marriage. I see...

    That doesn't answer my question. Where did you get your facts that marriage slows down STD growth instead of simple committed relationships?
    I think I was not clear in my response. It's not marriage per se, it is monogamous relationships. I think you will agree with that. Marriage promoted stable, monogamous relationships.

    Now now Redress. Let's not be coy here.

    Total number of women in DOD forces2 201,575 14.6%.

    Lets not pretend they are not still in the extreme minority when it comes to military service.



    You made the mistake of asking why anal sex is brought up when discussing gays in the military. I've given you the reason. The vast majority of military personell are men. This isn't hard.
    So why ignore a significant portion of the military? Women are not the majority, nor have I claimed such, but they are near a quarter of a million women in the military.

    Further, I asked about "people against gay marriage, or gays in the military", and you of course focused on the one least relevant to this discussion.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #178
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Marriage promotes monogamy. Monogamy reduces transmission.
    So you're saying a piece of paper is what keeps gay couples monogamous? OMFG how pathetic. The debate has now officially entered the realm of the absurd.

  9. #179
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why is it that people against gay marriage, or gays in the military, are always so fixated on anal sex? Can some one please answer that for me?
    That joke just keeps getting funnier every time I hear it.

  10. #180
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If you follow the "logic" of the anti-SSM folks, such couples should have their marriage annuled by force of government. That's exactly what they proposed of the ~18,000 same-sex marriages licenses that were issued in California.
    Hard to believe you can debate this subject endlessly, yet still have no clue what the other side's position is. Oh wait, they're all Bible-thumping troglodytes with latent homosexual tendencies. Riiight.

Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •