Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 609

Thread: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overturn

  1. #121
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Yes, and Californian's voted to prevent gay marriage. What is going on now is a court battle saying "well, it's really not legal in the first place to ban gay marriage." They are trying to overturn a decision made by voters because those who wanted gay marriage didn't get their way. It's legislating from the bench and it will be a defeat for democracy and freedom if prop 8 gets overturned. People can support gay marriage, but what is going on in the court is truly shameful.
    Ever hear the phrase "tyranny of the majority"?

    The idea that every judicial decision that we disagree with is "activist judges" or "legislating from the bench" is just silly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    it will be a defeat for democracy and freedom if prop 8 gets overturned.
    I don't think I would exactly use the freedom there.

  3. #123
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Wait, so guys who have doggy style with their wives aren't really married because "sticking it in the pooper is an "abberation"".? lolwut?

    Using a toothbrush to clean a toilet is a "cleaning product abberation". The purpose of a toothbrush is to brush your teeth, not clean someone's skid marks out of a nasty toilet - that's just common sense.

    If you want to clean the other way, that's your problem. But don't expect me to call it "cleaning". It's an abberation from the norm. Oh My!
    damn I use old toothbrushes to clean the bolt on my M4 carbine. In fact they sell toothbrushes in gun cleaning supply kits!!



  4. #124
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    damn I use old toothbrushes to clean the bolt on my M4 carbine. In fact they sell toothbrushes in gun cleaning supply kits!!
    Proof! You are an abomination!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #125
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ever hear the phrase "tyranny of the majority"?

    The idea that every judicial decision that we disagree with is "activist judges" or "legislating from the bench" is just silly.
    What? You don't think basic civil rights of a minority should be decided with a 50.1% vote from the majority? That's outrageous I tell you!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #126
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    There should be a huge burden on those who want to ban something. The proof that the act sought to be banned is unquestionably deleterious to society should be almost as great as proof of guilt in a criminal case. That being said, there is no real valid argument to ban gay marriage or not to treat two gay partners the same as a childless married couple. However, conversely, a valid argument can be made that claims of equal protection are not really implicated because OBJECTIVELY everyone is treated the same-males can marry females. It is the subjective difference (state of attraction) that is different

    nonetheless there is no reason to ban gay marriage whether or not constitutional implications are invoked



  7. #127
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Proof! You are an abomination!
    perhaps but being better armed than most toothbrush purists I will flaunt my deviancy in their faces!!



  8. #128
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    perhaps but being better armed than most toothbrush purists I will flaunt my deviancy in their faces!!
    Well played sir.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #129
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well played sir.
    They do bristle with indignation though!!



  10. #130
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    There should be a huge burden on those who want to ban something. The proof that the act sought to be banned is unquestionably deleterious to society should be almost as great as proof of guilt in a criminal case. That being said, there is no real valid argument to ban gay marriage or not to treat two gay partners the same as a childless married couple. However, conversely, a valid argument can be made that claims of equal protection are not really implicated because OBJECTIVELY everyone is treated the same-males can marry females. It is the subjective difference (state of attraction) that is different

    nonetheless there is no reason to ban gay marriage whether or not constitutional implications are invoked
    Oh thank God a conservative who is actually consistent with his views. *hugs TurtleDude* I was starting to think you people were a myth!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 13 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •