Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 609

Thread: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overturn

  1. #101
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Poor analogy. There are physical characteristics that prevent birds and fish from living in the same environment.
    If you're telling me that a couple of guys can get together, borrow somebody else's kids, and call that a successful marriage/family, then you are wrong. It's like painting an apple yellow and calling it a lemon. Sorry but some things are not meant to be.

  2. #102
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    If you're telling me that a couple of guys can get together, borrow somebody else's kids, and call that a successful marriage/family, then you are wrong. It's like painting an apple yellow and calling it a lemon. Sorry but some things are not meant to be.
    And if you're telling me that any two guys can get together, and adopt a child and give it a loving and caring environment to grow up and that, that is wrong, when heterosexual couples can adopt a child, and abuse it and they're morally superior because dick goes in pussy... well sir I am gobsmacked

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    If you're telling me that a couple of guys can get together, borrow somebody else's kids, and call that a successful marriage/family, then you are wrong. It's like painting an apple yellow and calling it a lemon. Sorry but some things are not meant to be.
    Actually, I am telling you just that, and all the research proves my position correct. All you've got on your side is unsubstantiated opinion... which is pretty worthless when it comes to trying to prove your position.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #104
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Actually, I am telling you just that, and all the research proves my position correct. All you've got on your side is unsubstantiated opinion... which is pretty worthless when it comes to trying to prove your position.
    All the research ... meaning one single dubious study about lesbians. Wow, the scientific evidence is underwhelming.

  5. #105
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    And if you're telling me that any two guys can get together, and adopt a child and give it a loving and caring environment to grow up and that, that is wrong, when heterosexual couples can adopt a child, and abuse it and they're morally superior because dick goes in pussy... well sir I am gobsmacked
    Yes, we heteros are all child abusers. Right, got it.

  6. #106
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,296
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Yes, we heteros are all child abusers. Right, got it.
    Sarcasm clearly isn't your forte. If you're suggesting that all gays are incapable of raising a child and being just as much of a happy family as a hetero couple... then my argument makes complete sense...

  7. #107
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Sarcasm clearly isn't your forte. If you're suggesting that all gays are incapable of raising a child and being just as much of a happy family as a hetero couple... then my argument makes complete sense...
    And straw man arguments are clearly your forte. Nobody is stopping gays from doing anything. The problem is in forcing everybody else to redefine marriage for their benefit. If they only way gays can be happy is by forcing me to accept their relationships, then that's just too bad. And yes I'm being forced, if we're redefining marriage, or giving marriage benefits/tax breaks to gay couples.

  8. #108
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    And straw man arguments are clearly your forte. Nobody is stopping gays from doing anything. The problem is in forcing everybody else to redefine marriage for their benefit. If they only way gays can be happy is by forcing me to accept their relationships, then that's just too bad. And yes I'm being forced, if we're redefining marriage, or giving marriage benefits/tax breaks to gay couples.
    Why should we be forced to use your definition of marriage? If you think the Christian definition is the only definition, or even the original definition, then you are dead wrong.
    Reality tends to have a liberal bias.

  9. #109
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    Why should we be forced to use your definition of marriage? If you think the Christian definition is the only definition, or even the original definition, then you are dead wrong.
    Simply put, because my definition is the correct one. Pointing out that Greeks were gay (and yes they were also pedophiles) doesn't disprove the definition. In fact, the exception proves the rule. I'm not without sympathy. It's not all about penises and anuses. In fact, one of my siblings is gay. I just don't see a reason to destroy an important social institution because of it.

  10. #110
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: After Final Arguments in Prop. 8 Trial, Maggie Gallagher Expects Judge will Overt

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    They have no right to overturn prop 8. This would be a giant smack to the face of democracy. the people voted and prop 8 set marriage as a man and woman in California. How dare they do this, if it is overturned this would just be a disgrace to democracy and a defeat for the rights of voters.
    So you're okay with whatever the democracy wants? That the majority should be free do legislate whatever it wants?

    So, if the voters wanted to execute everyone with the user name Digsbe, you'd be okay with that?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •