Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 101

Thread: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

  1. #1
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) is apologizing for his apology.

    After infuriating Democrats and Republicans alike with his public apology to BP and suggesting that a $20 billion escrow fund was a “shakedown” by the White House, Barton is now “retracting” his statement, made at a hearing with BP CEO Tony Hayward.

    “I apologize for using the term ‘shakedown’ with regard to yesterday’s actions at the White House in my opening statement this morning, and I retract my apology to BP,” Barton said. “As I told my colleagues yesterday and said again this morning, BP should bear the full financial responsibility for the accident on their lease in the Gulf of Mexico. BP should fully compensate those families and businesses that have been hurt by this accident.”


    Joe Barton retracts apology to BP - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com



    This guy isn't with us. This is why we make fun of Houston.

    Seriously, this comment of a shakedown was incredibly stupid. Monumentally stupid. This company has over 700 safety violations setting a record and you're going to call getting money to people who need it from this company a shakedown?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #2
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,730

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) is apologizing for his apology.

    After infuriating Democrats and Republicans alike with his public apology to BP and suggesting that a $20 billion escrow fund was a “shakedown” by the White House, Barton is now “retracting” his statement, made at a hearing with BP CEO Tony Hayward.

    “I apologize for using the term ‘shakedown’ with regard to yesterday’s actions at the White House in my opening statement this morning, and I retract my apology to BP,” Barton said. “As I told my colleagues yesterday and said again this morning, BP should bear the full financial responsibility for the accident on their lease in the Gulf of Mexico. BP should fully compensate those families and businesses that have been hurt by this accident.”


    Joe Barton retracts apology to BP - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com



    This guy isn't with us. This is why we make fun of Houston.

    Seriously, this comment of a shakedown was incredibly stupid. Monumentally stupid. This company has over 700 safety violations setting a record and you're going to call getting money to people who need it from this company a shakedown?
    Actually, Joe Barton doesn't represent Houston. He represents North Central Texas, which happens to be closer to Dallas than Houston. He is YOURS!!
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #3
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, Joe Barton doesn't represent Houston. He represents North Central Texas, which happens to be closer to Dallas than Houston. He is YOURS!!
    Thats a negative ghostrider

    Ellis County includes the cities of Waxahachie, Ennis, Midlothian, Red Oak, Ferris, Italy, Palmer, Oak Leaf, Maypearl, Milford, Pecan Hill, and Bardwell.

    Freestone County includes the city of Fairfield and Teague.

    Houston County includes the cities of Grapeland, Lovelady and Crockett.



    He's yours
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #4
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,730

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Thats a negative ghostrider

    Ellis County includes the cities of Waxahachie, Ennis, Midlothian, Red Oak, Ferris, Italy, Palmer, Oak Leaf, Maypearl, Milford, Pecan Hill, and Bardwell.

    Freestone County includes the city of Fairfield and Teague.

    Houston County includes the cities of Grapeland, Lovelady and Crockett.



    He's yours
    Sorry, but Crockett is north of Huntsville, which is nowhere near Harris County. Same with Grapeland and Lovelady.


    Houston city and Houston county are not the same thing. He's yours. LOL.

    By the way, here's a thought - This thread seems to be saying he made an apology for an apology. Sorry, but that is totally sorry. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #5
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,419
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) is apologizing for his apology.

    After infuriating Democrats and Republicans alike with his public apology to BP and suggesting that a $20 billion escrow fund was a “shakedown” by the White House, Barton is now “retracting” his statement, made at a hearing with BP CEO Tony Hayward.

    “I apologize for using the term ‘shakedown’ with regard to yesterday’s actions at the White House in my opening statement this morning, and I retract my apology to BP,” Barton said. “As I told my colleagues yesterday and said again this morning, BP should bear the full financial responsibility for the accident on their lease in the Gulf of Mexico. BP should fully compensate those families and businesses that have been hurt by this accident.”


    Joe Barton retracts apology to BP - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com



    This guy isn't with us. This is why we make fun of Houston.

    Seriously, this comment of a shakedown was incredibly stupid. Monumentally stupid. This company has over 700 safety violations setting a record and you're going to call getting money to people who need it from this company a shakedown?
    Yes. Shakedown. Carville crafted it using different words.
    Government as intermediary isn't necessary to dole out the cash.

    So, I'd agree, shakendown so authority over the cash is in Obama's mitts.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #6
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Wait, Texmaster said something I agree with.

    Brain to Deuce: Warning, system overload. Emergency shutdown initiated. Alcohol injection protocols online.

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Yes. Shakedown. Carville crafted it using different words.
    Government as intermediary isn't necessary to dole out the cash.

    So, I'd agree, shakendown so authority over the cash is in Obama's mitts.

    .
    Well it's a good thing what you said isn't actually happening because that sure sounds bad!
    Last edited by Deuce; 06-17-10 at 10:13 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #7
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) is apologizing for his apology.

    After infuriating Democrats and Republicans alike with his public apology to BP and suggesting that a $20 billion escrow fund was a “shakedown” by the White House, Barton is now “retracting” his statement, made at a hearing with BP CEO Tony Hayward.

    “I apologize for using the term ‘shakedown’ with regard to yesterday’s actions at the White House in my opening statement this morning, and I retract my apology to BP,” Barton said. “As I told my colleagues yesterday and said again this morning, BP should bear the full financial responsibility for the accident on their lease in the Gulf of Mexico. BP should fully compensate those families and businesses that have been hurt by this accident.”


    Joe Barton retracts apology to BP - Jonathan Allen and Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com



    This guy isn't with us. This is why we make fun of Houston.

    Seriously, this comment of a shakedown was incredibly stupid. Monumentally stupid. This company has over 700 safety violations setting a record and you're going to call getting money to people who need it from this company a shakedown?
    It is a shakedown. WTF are those sanctimonious asswipes doing but pandering to populist idiocy? THe government was negligent in not inspecting that rig properly. All this grandstanding does nothing. And as a lawyer I can tell you it is an extremely serious ethics violation for a government lawyer to threaten criminal sanctions while pushing for a civil settlement.

    Politicians make me wanna puke. this dog and pony show accomplishes NOTHING



  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post

    This guy isn't with us. This is why we make fun of Houston.

    I thought we made fun of Houston because Texans live there
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #9
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,730

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I thought we made fun of Houston because Texans live there
    I make fun of Michigan because the unemployed live there.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #10
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Joe Barton retracts apology to BP

    I don't make fun of Texas or Michigan or anywhere else for that matter (even Mississippi!) because I live in the best place on Earth and I'm better than that.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •