Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

  1. #11
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Got anything to actually add or do you want to keep trying to bury and derail the thread?
    Keep trying?? It was my first post. Also, when someone comes in with a vast, plausible only IF scenario... it get's nominated for CTdom. And this whole "Greene is a GOP Plant" line of thought, with nothing more then "woah, this is so ODD" evidence just screams to be dumped down there.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #12
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    ... I'm not really sure what to think. He won the primary, assuming there wasn't any election tampering. (I expect the discrepancies will be just minor clerical errors) Why should that result not be accepted?

    On the other hand, the man doesn't seem to actually want to win. He didn't campaign or raise funds or anything, and he apparently doesn't even care enough to attend the meeting that is challenging his victory? Does he even want to be elected?

    On the OTHER other hand, what the hell makes the SC Democratic party think that they'd have any chance in a race where they reversed the voters' primary choice? "Hey, I know you guys like Rawl less than Greene, but we hope just as many of you will vote for Rawl in the general if we replace Greene!"
    Yep, the Repubs did the Dems a favor here.... no need to waste money on this race. Move on.

  3. #13
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,065

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Keep trying?? It was my first post. Also, when someone comes in with a vast, plausible only IF scenario... it get's nominated for CTdom. And this whole "Greene is a GOP Plant" line of thought, with nothing more then "woah, this is so ODD" evidence just screams to be dumped down there.
    The black strawman is a very old South Carolina election trick. We were not born yesterday. That all said, no Dem is going to win statewide office in this backward state, so why worry about it?

  4. #14
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    A candidate who does no work towards getting selected gets the vote? That isnt odd to you?
    Not if those who voted for him did so because in their belief the candidate they voted for, who won the Primary was a darn sight more honest, than the candidate the DNC wanted to win.

  5. #15
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Yep, the Repubs did the Dems a favor here.... no need to waste money on this race. Move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    The black strawman is a very old South Carolina election trick. We were not born yesterday. That all said, no Dem is going to win statewide office in this backward state, so why worry about it?
    Are you going to provide any evidence for your claim or are you just going to bounce from thread to thread, throwing out conspiracy theories?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #16
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    A candidate who does no work towards getting selected gets the vote? That isnt odd to you?
    so, you are not as concened about the result as you are the process to achieve that result

    rawls was such a poor candidate that it took nothing to defeat him in the primary

    what IS odd to me is so many wanting to belive the election results are not valid - without having ANY basis in fact to come to that conclusion
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #17
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    There are several facts that make this odd.

    1) Greene is a lifelong Republican
    so were jesse helms and strom thurmond - until they changed parties. what's your point?

    2) Greene is unemployed, and has no money of his own.
    and how does that impact the validity of the electoral results he attained?

    3) Someone gave Greene the 10,000 bucks he needed to register.
    who did that and when did they do it? in what manner was any contribution outside the law? we have the best government money can buy and folks are fixated on $10,000

    4) Greene ran no campaign ads at all.
    and the fact of the matter is that he did not need to. or maybe you posit that politicians should spend money they do not need to spend

    5) The day before the primary, he was 18% in the polls, but won the election with 59% of the vote.
    we have a government run election result and a privately run poll and you want to accept the latter instead of the former. please explain why the poll results should be found superior to the actual voting results

    6) The voting machines were electronic, with no paper trail, and very hackable.
    so this poor candidate with no job hacked the government's voting machines? were those machines not compliant with existing government standards?

    Add it all up, and you can bet the bank that the sleaze factor is very strong is South Carolina.
    add it all up and you have nothing
    the one thing with which we agree is that SC politics are sleazy. but you echo the call for overturning valid election results ... supporting such political sleaziness
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #18
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Sore losers do not like the fact their guy lost so now they want to overturn the vote of the people. How would this give them anything other than scorn by the voters? It looks like they just want to hand Jim DeMint a victory with this sore loser squabble they have with the rightful winner of the democratic primary winner.


    FOXNews.com - S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Alvin Greene said he has no plans to attend a meeting Thursday of party leaders deciding whether to overturn the primary election result that named him the South Carolina Democratic Senate nominee to challenge Sen. Jim DeMint in November.

    In a brief phone interview with FoxNews.com, Greene said he was not attending the state party's executive committee meeting in Columbia to hear a protest by former state lawmaker Vic Rawl, whom he defeated in the June 8 primary.

    South Carolina's Democrats are poised to decide the fate of the election in which Greene, a 32-year-old unemployed military veteran, shocked local officials by winning without raising funds, giving any speeches or holding any rallies.
    Yeah, he stole the election.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #19
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    The black strawman is a very old South Carolina election trick. We were not born yesterday.
    What is this Black Strawman? And what actual evidence is there to support that is what Greene is?

    That all said, no Dem is going to win statewide office in this backward state, so why worry about it?
    What makes them a backward state? I can't imagine any democrat winning in that state when they try to remove candidates that are not their guy after primary elections.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,718

    Re: S.C. Democratic Party Considers Overturning Alvin Greene Election Results

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What is this Black Strawman? And what actual evidence is there to support that is what Greene is?


    What makes them a backward state? I can't imagine any democrat winning in that state when they try to remove candidates that are not their guy after primary elections.
    SC is a backwards state for many reasons not related to this particular election primary.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •