Note: Bolded area's are my emphasis.Originally Posted by Reuters
First, this is the famed "doc fix" President Obama has been asking for. This will:
1. Increase the deficit spending
2. Raise the highest tax rate from 35% to 39.6%
3. Will affect a majority of fund managers (ie. Wall Street) and increase capital gains taxes (ie. Populist "tax the rich")
4. Prevents a 21% payment cut to doctors payments to Medicare (Medicare which is approaching insolvency)
5. Will extend healthcare insurance to out of work Americans (think COBRA) by using the higher taxes to fund said insurance
- Is extending benefits the answer or is creating "jobs" what's being lost in this bill?
- Is this plan of "taxing the rich" going to further jobless rates or make the unemployed even more dependent on government?
- What is the exit strategy for the Federal budget, the unsustainable deficit and how does this bill help stop the U.S. from fiscally driving off the cliff?
Are we losing sight of the trees through the forest?