Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 450

Thread: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

  1. #331
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    "Pull one over"? Seriously?
    They went there with a video camera and a dumb question meant to get a reaction.... They were looking for him to be dumbfounded and say something stupid. Etheridge did something stupid, but also gave them more than they bargained for. Very funny, IMO. -- I picture the neighborhood kids on the Munsters... hair-raising scream and running away super fast... LOL!

    What's weird about this video is the anonymity and the editing. There is something more here that the kids don't want us to know about...

  2. #332
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    I'd like to know one thing here. Demo's have repeated over and over throughout this thread how the question was stupid, and provoking of the Congressman. I'd like to know how? They asked if he supported the Presidents agenda, how is that provoking anything?

    It is a simple question, and obviously the Congressman forgets whom he works for, so when he asked the young lad who he was, I would have said "Your boss!"


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #333
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    They went there with a video camera and a dumb question meant to get a reaction.... They were looking for him to be dumbfounded and say something stupid. Etheridge did something stupid, but also gave them more than they bargained for. Very funny, IMO. -- I picture the neighborhood kids on the Munsters... hair-raising scream and running away super fast... LOL!

    What's weird about this video is the anonymity and the editing. There is something more here that the kids don't want us to know about...

    So you are in favor of assaulting people with questions that embarrass demo's? I think that says volumes about you.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #334
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,200

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    They went there with a video camera and a dumb question meant to get a reaction.... They were looking for him to be dumbfounded and say something stupid. Etheridge did something stupid, but also gave them more than they bargained for. Very funny, IMO. -- I picture the neighborhood kids on the Munsters... hair-raising scream and running away super fast... LOL!

    What's weird about this video is the anonymity and the editing. There is something more here that the kids don't want us to know about...
    "Do you fully agree with the Obama Agenda?" sounds like a question Sean Hannity would ask. Maybe they were emulating him? It wasn't a prank question. It could have easily been addressed.

    Without evidence, you are just conjuring up a conspiracy theory. Wait for facts before running amok with the Munsters comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'd like to know one thing here. Demo's have repeated over and over throughout this thread how the question was stupid, and provoking of the Congressman. I'd like to know how? They asked if he supported the Presidents agenda, how is that provoking anything?
    The "Obama Agenda" is a stupid little teabrain talking point. It's code for anything Glenn Beck says is wrong with the country. It's 'Us vs. Them 'teabagger mentality--people who are too stupid or lazy to actually dissect a policy into pro/con points, people so stupid they need their opinions handed to them in neat little bumper sticker talking points, people so completely and pathetically brain dead they think Fox is fair and balanced...

    Etheridge should have said: "What the hell does that even mean? Call my office when you have a serious question."

    It is a simple question, and obviously the Congressman forgets whom he works for, so when he asked the young lad who he was, I would have said "Your boss!"
    Bull****. Go read up on how this country works. Etheridge works for his district. He's a REPRESENTATIVE. Go look that word up.

    These little cowards wouldn't even identify where they were from, so how do we know they even live in his district??

    Just like the thread about the kids wearing the American flag t-shirts to school, the far-righties are trying to ignore the simple fact: They were being DICKS. Trying to get a reaction. Not illegal. Not really immoral. Just dickish. And when you ding-dong ditch the Munsters, you may run into Herman...

    It seems like the story didn't have legs beyond the internet. I'm glad Etheridge is not catching too much flack over this.

  6. #336
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    06-17-10 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    In that case, I think hypcrisy is something else we can add to the list.

    Also, if they didn't want attention, I'd question why they ambushed a senator during broad daylight on a Washington DC street with three cameras rolling and then sent the video to a popular Internet site.

    No, they wanted attention... Just not on themselves. I think one would have to believe I was stupid to try to convince me otherwise.

    They most certainly did want attention - just in a way they controlled.
    I think to agree with you I'd have to assume that they knew he was going to react this way. They couldn't have seen that coming. To say the whole thing was planned is far fetched I think. I think they were right leaning yes of course. But in the end I think this was for the most part for something far less than a devious plot that ended up way bigger than they were expecting. Of course after they got something like that on tape they were going to forwarded to somebody.

    I still find it funny that this is in any way being played out as some sort of master plan to make the congressman look bad. If they planned to do this, they must have been psychic to know he would FREAK OUT! Just a lot of excuses being made for the senators behavior.
    Last edited by Mcygee; 06-16-10 at 10:57 AM.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    "Do you fully agree with the Obama Agenda?" sounds like a question Sean Hannity would ask. Maybe they were emulating him? It wasn't a prank question. It could have easily been addressed.

    Without evidence, you are just conjuring up a conspiracy theory. Wait for facts before running amok with the Munsters comparison.
    To me, high schoolers running around trying to act like Hannity are pranksters. They're not doing in any type of serious journalistic endeavor.

    They put their 'school project' up on youtube, DELIBERATELY EDITED (with repeated scenes) to embarrass the Congressman.

    They were PUNKING the congressman. And it worked. Sort of.

  8. #338
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    06-17-10 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The "Obama Agenda" is a stupid little teabrain talking point. It's code for anything Glenn Beck says is wrong with the country. It's 'Us vs. Them 'teabagger mentality--people who are too stupid or lazy to actually dissect a policy into pro/con points, people so stupid they need their opinions handed to them in neat little bumper sticker talking points, people so completely and pathetically brain dead they think Fox is fair and balanced...

    Etheridge should have said: "What the hell does that even mean? Call my office when you have a serious question."
    So Obama agenda is a teabrain talking point? Your argument against it makes no sense. The Obama agenda is negative to those who do not like his agenda. It is positive to those who like is agenda. It is simply a catch all for his goals and the general ideals he pushes forward. All presidents have them. Why don't you go search "Bush agenda" and see how many results you get. You can argue over these words all you want. It's a very very very weak argument with no traction. You could basically interchange "Do you fully support the Obama agenda?" with "Do you fully support the policies the president is pushing forward?".

    Wow, that is some harsh questioning right there. Good thing most real journalist stay away from attacking our politicians like this. What kind of world would we live in if everybody was grilled like this? RIGHT OUT IN THE OPEN!

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcygee View Post
    I think to agree with you I'd have to assume that they knew he was going to react this way. They couldn't have seen that coming. To say the whole thing was planned is far fetched I think. I think they were right leaning yes of course. But in the end I think this was for the most part for something far less than a devious plot that ended up way bigger than they were expecting. Of course after they got something like that on tape they were going to forwarded to somebody.
    I'm not saying that they expected the total overreaction at all -- but that's what's so great about the video, watching two "mini-me" partisan hacks wet their pants when Etheridge grabs them.

    The anonymous posting of the video, and the odd editing tells us everything about who these kids were.

  10. #340
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    06-17-10 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Well I understand the delight from your point of view. Much as a conservative delighted somewhat in seeing a liberal congressman melt down publicly. Everybody likes to see their opposition uncomfortable.

Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •