Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 450

Thread: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

  1. #301
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I get a kick out of NPR....They open up describing Etheridge as a 'Moderate' when a simply check of his voting record clearly shows that he is a solid populist, progressive favoring illegal immigration, and against abortion restrictions. he voted straight down the line for the bailouts, as well as Obama's non stimulus package.

    Moderate....hurumph!

    Bob Etheridge on the Issues


    j-mac
    So you're saying that the claims of NPR being unbiased and holding the standard of journalistic integrity is bupkus?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #302
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    YouTube - Helen Thomas asks George Bush about Iraq

    President Bush should have rustled Hellen up and put her in a headlock.

    Helen Thomas hit his treasonist, lying ass on the head. Watch him bite his lip as he knew Helen had pulled the curtain back on his pack of lies.

    Bush the liar. Bush the treasonist. Bush the worst president in U.S. history.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post

    Helen Thomas hit his treasonist, lying ass on the head. Watch him bite his lip as he knew Helen had pulled the curtain back on his pack of lies.

    Bush the liar. Bush the treasonist. Bush the worst president in U.S. history.
    Tell us how you really feel.

  4. #304
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So you're saying that the claims of NPR being unbiased and holding the standard of journalistic integrity is bupkus?

    What? Me?.....Nah....Everyone knows that there is no such thing as liberal bias in today's journalism.....[/Sarcasm]


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #305
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I get a kick out of NPR....They open up describing Etheridge as a 'Moderate' when a simply check of his voting record clearly shows that he is a solid populist, progressive favoring illegal immigration, and against abortion restrictions. he voted straight down the line for the bailouts, as well as Obama's non stimulus package.

    Moderate....hurumph!
    And you have something to support your claim that he is a
    "progressive favoring illegal immigration"... right?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #306
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So I'm gonna pick up rev's question now because I want to see the answer from hazlnut: what would YOU, hazlnut, have done if rev did the same thing to you that Etheridge did to those kids? Would you be so flippant about dismissing it as a "hyuck hycuk hyuck...he sure showed me" situation?

    Your hypothetical would never happen.


    However, for "****s and giggles", if it did happen
    hazlnut would probably fall to the ground laughing his ass off.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So I'm gonna pick up rev's question now because I want to see the answer from hazlnut: what would YOU, hazlnut, have done if rev did the same thing to you that Etheridge did to those kids? Would you be so flippant about dismissing it as a "hyuck hycuk hyuck...he sure showed me" situation?
    Fair question:

    Jall, if I EVER run up to sitting Congressman Rev and shove a camera in face with intention of getting him to react to a dumb-ass question, Rev has my permission to knock my camera down and grab me by the scruff of my neck...

    Again, if I EVER do that...

    Of course, when I identify myself as hazlnut from DP, Rev will piss himself, wake up from his dream and apologize...

  8. #308
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,465

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    I don't see any relevance to the fact that he was an elected official.

    If you asked any man walking down the street what time it was, and he attacked you like this wouldn't you want him arrested? Of course you would. Yuo simply are not allowed to put your hands on another person period.

    It could also be argued that after the kid requested his arm to be let go more than once it was then kidnapping. I would have to check the statute on that but the man did prevent the kid from leaving at that point.

    If this man is not prosecuted for this assault, I think at least the kid should file a civil suit againt him.

    People like this should not be walking the street. Who knows who he is going to attack next.

  9. #309
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I don't see any relevance to the fact that he was an elected official.

    If you asked any man walking down the street what time it was,
    and he attacked you like this wouldn't you want him arrested? Of course you would. Yuo simply are not allowed to put your hands on another person period..
    That is not what these kids were doing though.

  10. #310
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    That is not what these kids were doing though.
    It really doesn't matter what these "kids" were doing. He's a grown man and we already acknowledged these are "kids". He should know better.

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •