Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 450

Thread: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

  1. #181
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    The point is that that was a situation where someone just followed a politician around all day, videotaping everything they did in order to gain a political advantage. Allen got angry and did something very stupid, sinking his presidential aspirations. I don't recall anyone defending Allen on the grounds that the staffer brought it on himself. That would have been laughable then, and it's laughable now.
    I guess the staffer got what he wanted and so did these tools. Right?

    I still can't figure why they blurred their faces. Isn't this their big break?

  2. #182
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    06-17-10 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    So hazlnut, curious on how you felt about SEIU's protest on the front lawn and doorstep of the Bank of America Exec's home. Since you feel that questioning a U.S. Congressman in the public is wrong.

  3. #183
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    For the record:

    North Carolina Congressman Bob Etheridge (D-Lillington)

    OBL 11/24/02

  4. #184
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I guess the staffer got what he wanted and so did these tools. Right?
    ...yes, that's the point. The fact that Siddarth was doing what he did for political purposes didn't excuse Allen's actions, much like the fact that these people were doing what they did for political purposes doesn't excuse Etheridge's actions.

    You're the only one who seems to deny this.

    I still can't figure why they blurred their faces. Isn't this their big break?
    I explained this to you once already - because they know that people like you would be doing everything in their power to dig up dirt on these kids so as to obfuscate the issue. As it is, I give it 24 hours til dailykos or some other Baghdad Bob outlet finds out who the kids are and starts a harassment campaign.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    Having worked on Capitol Hill for a Congressman, I know firsthand that simply calling and asking for an appointment with the Congressman will not actually get you a meeting with the member. Most likely, if they got anything it would be with a junior staffer and they would get rehashed talking points. Could just as easily look those up online.


    I believe Rev calls that a FAIL.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    ...yes, that's the point. The fact that Siddarth was doing what he did for political purposes didn't excuse Allen's actions, much like the fact that these people were doing what they did for political purposes doesn't excuse Etheridge's actions.

    You're the only one who seems to deny this.
    Deny or a have a different take on it?

    I ain't sayin' it's right... but I understand.

    I get why he goes off on these tools.



    I explained this to you once already - because they know that people like you would be doing everything in their power to dig up dirt on these kids so as to obfuscate the issue. As it is, I give it 24 hours til dailykos or some other Baghdad Bob outlet finds out who the kids are and starts a harassment campaign.
    Yeah, yeah... I know you gave your explanation.... but it didn't really hold water or make sense IMO.

    There's something more here.

    They could be under 18 -- which is fine, but the way the video was edited and posted... very high school.

  7. #187
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

    I believe Rev calls that a FAIL.
    So because he agreed to offer one interview to one organization three years ago, that means that two kids who called up his office tomorrow could get an interview? You can't possibly think that that actually supports your argument.

    Again, there are two different people who have worked in Congressional offices telling you that that's not how it works.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Deny or a have a different take on it?

    I ain't sayin' it's right... but I understand.

    I get why he goes off on these tools.
    Sure, most people get aggravated when they're confronted by people who disagree with them. The difference is that most are mature enough to act appropriately.

    Yeah, yeah... I know you gave your explanation.... but it didn't really hold water or make sense IMO.

    There's something more here.

    They could be under 18 -- which is fine, but the way the video was edited and posted... very high school.
    Ah, so it's the old right-wing conspiracy acting up again?

    edit: Look, this didn't really have to be a partisan issue. The fact that the guy happened to be a democrat isn't important - there are assholes on both sides of the spectrum, and I wouldn't have been surprised to open the thread and find out it was a Republican. I had hoped that this would be one of those instances where everyone would come together to agree that the guy did something wrong, and move on from there without trying to turn this into a left v. right battle.
    Last edited by RightinNYC; 06-14-10 at 07:53 PM.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Deny or a have a different take on it?

    I ain't sayin' it's right... but I understand.

    I get why he goes off on these tools.
    All this proves is that you have serious anger issues; your post history establishes a pattern of lashing out and frustration. Only a very insecure individual would feel justified in roughing up some teenagers because they had the audacity to ask them a question.

    Do you kick bums in the stomach when they ask you for money? Do you shove salesmen or street vendors to the ground when they try to sell you something?

    How are you unable to see the wrongness of your arguments and statements? Literally no one agrees with you right now. Not even Ethereidge is trying defend his actions!

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So because he agreed to offer one interview to one organization three years ago, that means that two kids who called up his office tomorrow could get an interview? You can't possibly think that that actually supports your argument.

    Again, there are two different people who have worked in Congressional offices telling you that that's not how it works.
    The video shows what looks like a student interviewing a congressman (not just any congressman.)

    So, it looks like they're full of it. You can get an interview with a congressman.[/QUOTE]



    Sure, most people get aggravated when they're confronted by people who disagree with them. The difference is that most are mature enough to act appropriately.
    Everybody has an off day. The guy apologized for scaring the piss out of the little creeps, I think it's time for the Dem-haters to move on.



    Ah, so it's the old right-wing conspiracy acting up again?
    For the third time in this thread, when you paraphrase, strive for accuracy.

    I said: I don't agree with your explanation. It doesn't make any sense IMO.

    Then I wondered allowed: Maybe they blurred the faces because they're under 18 -- that would be legit, right... If this was for a H.S. project.

    edit: Look, this didn't really have to be a partisan issue. The fact that the guy happened to be a democrat isn't important - there are assholes on both sides of the spectrum, and I wouldn't have been surprised to open the thread and find out it was a Republican. I had hoped that this would be one of those instances where everyone would come together to agree that the guy did something wrong, and move on from there without trying to turn this into a left v. right battle.
    One of the posts on youtube describe the congressman as a "Monster" -- I guess I'm reacting to that.

    A hot head - sure.

  10. #190
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    He'll probably only face the Congress itself, since they have the power to discipline their own.
    Which actually means he will get away with it.

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •