Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 450

Thread: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    I heard the WWF offered him a contract.

    .
    Indeed, The man knows how to handle himself...

    The fox news teabrains are real vocal when they're in a crowd, yelling all kinds of vile, senseless crap they heard on Glenn Beck...

    But get 'em one-on-one... and they turn as yellow as the stain in their boxers. "we're just students..." No, son, you're a putz.

    Talk about folding... no wonder they blurred out their faces. Shame.

  2. #102
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,503
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Indeed, The man knows how to handle himself...
    Yes, that's why his nickname in Congress is Jerk-off.

    The fox news teabrains are real vocal when they're in a crowd, yelling all kinds of vile, senseless crap they heard on Glenn Beck...

    But get 'em one-on-one... and they turn as yellow as the stain in their boxers. "we're just students..." No, son, you're a putz.

    Talk about folding... no wonder they blurred out their faces. Shame.
    Vile, senseless crap? Like asking for government to respect The Constitution and our Liberties?

    We do not have rent-a-mobs, aren't trained in disobedience, don't hand-cuff ourselves to anything and everything, don't shout obsenities all-day, smell like Cheetah and look like Jane, burn flags, call for the demise of America, spit on our troops, and wish them ill or for their death.

    We are a very different crowd. That is true.

    These kids exemplify the best of conservatism. In a suit, greeting the Congressman in a civil tone, and calling him "Sir", while asking him His position on something that matters.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 06-14-10 at 04:42 PM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    These kids did the same type of idiot in-your-face journalism that many cheered on when it was done by Michael Moore, moveon, or other liberal groups. If the roles were reversed here, there's no chance you'd be belittling the kids and defending someone like John Cornyn.
    I was waiting for someone to make the Micheal Moore comparison. Let's look at how Moore approaches people on the street.

    "Hello Congressman, I'm Michael Moore, can we ask you a question?" -- He does this rarely, most of his interviews are scheduled and shot in an office.

    Yeah, Moore acts like a dick sometimes, asking questions meant to get a reaction (just like these turds did) but given his notoriety, his style, his body size... He's totally non-threatening. People swat his camera down and he owns it and has fun with it.

    These two dicks are tying to make it like they were boyscouts offering an old man a hand. "The Obama agenda..."?? I guess that's Glenn Beck code for anything they think is wrong with the country...

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I see two little jerks running up to an old man and shoving a camera in his face asking a stuttering-John type question meant to provoke him.... what do you see?

    What I love about this guy and the far-rightie's response to the story is how you all talk so big about your guns and your wars and your "taking back the country" but when some old dude grabs you by the scuff of your neck, you practically wet your pants...

    Classic!!

    I think the reason the faces were blurred out is to hide the tears in the little boy's eyes when he found out the other meaning of 'gotcha journalism...' -- when your intended victim grabs you and says: "Who are you?"

  5. #105
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I was waiting for someone to make the Micheal Moore comparison. Let's look at how Moore approaches people on the street.

    "Hello Congressman, I'm Michael Moore, can we ask you a question?" -- He does this rarely, most of his interviews are scheduled and shot in an office.

    Yeah, Moore acts like a dick sometimes, asking questions meant to get a reaction (just like these turds did) but given his notoriety, his style, his body size... He's totally non-threatening. People swat his camera down and he owns it and has fun with it.

    These two dicks are tying to make it like they were boyscouts offering an old man a hand. "The Obama agenda..."?? I guess that's Glenn Beck code for anything they think is wrong with the country...
    So your argument is that this is much worse than Michael Moore because:

    1) They're not fat, and
    2) You disagree with their political leanings

    ?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post

    These kids exemplify the best of conservatism. In a suit, greeting the Congressman in a civil tone, and calling him "Sir", while asking him His position on something that matters.

    .
    When the congressman asked these shinning examples of conservatism, "Who are you?" "What school?" What did these respectful lads say? NOTHING.

    (keep in mind there are several cuts, edits, where we don't know what he else said or asked, but he asked them who they were with before grabbing them)

    And why did they blur out their faces? Don't these respectful little boys want us to know who they are?

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    So, hazlnut, you think it's okay for some writer/journalist to move in next door to the Palins, but two college kids asking a public representative a question about the President's agenda on the sidewalk is totally inappropriate and deserving of physical retaliation?

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    So your argument is that this is much worse than Michael Moore because:

    1) They're not fat, and
    2) You disagree with their political leanings

    ?
    When you paraphrase me, at least try to get it 50% right.

    Thanks.

  9. #109
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    When the congressman asked these shinning examples of conservatism, "Who are you?" "What school?" What did these respectful lads say? NOTHING.
    Why the **** should they have answered?

    (keep in mind there are several cuts, edits, where we don't know what he else said or asked, but he asked them who they were with before grabbing them)
    Ah, the "omg its faked" angle.

    And why did they blur out their faces? Don't these respectful little boys want us to know who they are?
    Because they anticipated that people like you would do everything in their power to smear them?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Etheridge caught in on-camera confrontation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Indeed, The man knows how to handle himself...

    The fox news teabrains are real vocal when they're in a crowd, yelling all kinds of vile, senseless crap they heard on Glenn Beck...

    But get 'em one-on-one... and they turn as yellow as the stain in their boxers. "we're just students..." No, son, you're a putz.

    Talk about folding... no wonder they blurred out their faces. Shame.
    WTF is wrong with you? Seriously? What in that jacked up, small mind of yours went wrong and stunted in development in such a way as to make you think that a public official's response to a kid asking him a question under the pretense of journalism should be to batter the kid, wrenching his arm, pulling him into a restraining position, etc? Where did society go so wrong that it created a vile, wretched and disgusting idealogue so blinded by his hatred for a group of entirely unrelated people to the subject at hand that he couldn't see the abuse that was presented to him?

    Dude, I am so done with you at this point. Basically all I get out of reading anything you post is a decrease in intelligence and an increase in blood pressure that comes from realizing there really are ignorant jackasses like you ingrained in our political discourse. I don't listen to Olbermann for the same reason I have decided the only place for you is on the ignore list: you're both loud-mouthed, tunnel-visioned douches who talk a lot but say very, very little.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •