Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 255

Thread: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

  1. #21
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The Mexicans were right to prevent armed foreigners, who had already shot and killed a Mexican national on Mexican soil, from crossing their border.

    They would have been right to shoot them if they had pressed the issue. In fact, since the US border patrol actually shot someone who was on the Mexican side of the border that was not armed with any type of legitimate weapon, they need to be prosecuted. That is an act of war.
    And you show why no one takes you seriously.

    This "kid" was a wanted criminal endangering our people. They responded accordingly and you want them prosecuted.



    Just why should they be prosecuted? Thinking like yours, gets law enforcement killed. They face a dangerous situation and fear pulling the trigger because they might get prosecuted by someone like you that doesn't care about their rights, their well being. You Tucker, have officially earned my utter contempt.
    Last edited by Renae; 06-10-10 at 01:01 PM.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #22
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Just because we failed to react to those situations correctly, doesn't mean they shouldn't react to ours correctly.

    Also, how many US nationals died in those instances?
    Ah, wait - I thought we were the Iching of knowledge and action?

    We cannot BET on others acting in any way that we deem appropriate - no matter who it is and what's going on. We can only (should only) try to expect the "right thing" from our own troops and our own selves.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  3. #23
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Ah, wait - I thought we were the Iching of knowledge and action?

    We cannot BET on others acting in any way that we deem appropriate - no matter who it is and what's going on. We can only (should only) try to expect the "right thing" from our own troops and our own selves.
    That doesn't contradict what I said.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #24
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And you show why no one takes you seriously.

    This "kid" was a wanted criminal endangering our people. They responded accordingly and you want them prosecuted.



    Just why should they be prosecuted? Thinking like yours, gets law enforcement killed. They face a dangerous situation and fear pulling the trigger because they might get prosecuted by someone like you that doesn't care about their rights, their well being.
    Save the melodramatics for someone who gives a **** about that kind of emotive nonsense, Vic.

    The border guard shot a Mexican National on Mexican soil. It's out of his jurisdiction. He is not authorized to do that unless his life is truly in danger, which it wasn't. If they were shooting, then he would have been authorized to defend himself with lethal force. People who are unable to handle the job, should be prevented from doing the job.

    If the kid was on the US side of the border, different story. But while he remaine don MExican soil, the border guard overstepped his authority to act.

    You Tucker, have officially earned my utter contempt.
    You say that as though I should be bothered by your contempt. Your contempt is something I find valuable. I use your contempt as evidence that I am right on the issue. If you actually agreed with me, I'd have to rethink my position, becauses it would clearly have to be flawed and irrational.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #25
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    this is part of the reason why in most other high-tension borders there's a buffer zone - a space that's around the border in which people are not suppose to cross.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    I can't believe I'm the first one to point this out: It was a real MEXICAN STANDOFF with Mexicans on the Mexican boarder. Pretty cool, huh? Errol Morris has to make a film about this entire event. The image of Mexican soldiers on one side of the river drawing their weapons on the FBI agents... You can almost picture Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach trying to swim across the river undercover of the mayhem.

    It seems like tensions are high down there and let's hope cooler heads prevail and no one else has to die.

    I can understand the FBI's urgency to collect evidence before it is contaminated. I also understand the Mexican authorities posturing for their people--drawing their weapons was overkill, but their citizens are emotional over what they probably see as the brutal slaying of a innocent youth. They probably see the FBI as trying to hide or coverup evidence. Ironically, the FBI was there to help get to the truth about what happened.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Frankly, mexico guards pointing guns at our border patrol is laughable. Mexico doesn't want to go to war with us but I would invite them to do so if they ever do develop a desire to die by the thousands.

  8. #28
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I can't believe I'm the first one to point this out: It was a real MEXICAN STANDOFF with Mexicans on the Mexican boarder. Pretty cool, huh? Errol Morris has to make a film about this entire event. The image of Mexican soldiers on one side of the river drawing their weapons on the FBI agents... You can almost picture Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach trying to swim across the river undercover of the mayhem.

    It seems like tensions are high down there and let's hope cooler heads prevail and no one else has to die.

    I can understand the FBI's urgency to collect evidence before it is contaminated. I also understand the Mexican authorities posturing for their people--drawing their weapons was overkill, but their citizens are emotional over what they probably see as the brutal slaying of a innocent youth. They probably see the FBI as trying to hide or coverup evidence. Ironically, the FBI was there to help get to the truth about what happened.


  9. #29
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And you show why no one takes you seriously.

    This "kid" was a wanted criminal endangering our people. They responded accordingly and you want them prosecuted.



    Just why should they be prosecuted? Thinking like yours, gets law enforcement killed. They face a dangerous situation and fear pulling the trigger because they might get prosecuted by someone like you that doesn't care about their rights, their well being. You Tucker, have officially earned my utter contempt.
    When was it determined that the kid was a "wanted criminal"
    Before or after he was shot?

    Did the patrolmen identify him beforehand?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #30
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And you show why no one takes you seriously.

    This "kid" was a wanted criminal endangering our people. They responded accordingly and you want them prosecuted.



    Just why should they be prosecuted? Thinking like yours, gets law enforcement killed. They face a dangerous situation and fear pulling the trigger because they might get prosecuted by someone like you that doesn't care about their rights, their well being. You Tucker, have officially earned my utter contempt.
    Thinking like yours starts wars. Are you suggesting our border patrol agents should make unauthorized entry into Mexico?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •