Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 255

Thread: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

  1. #241
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I do believe Tucker also said an investigation was warranted before making a decision.
    Then Tucker should wait till the investigation before saying anything.


    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    However, I will affirm that generally speaking, bullets as a response to rocks should be prosecuted. Again, though, this is a case by case issue.
    And the LAW, police department procedure, common sense... says you are utterly in the wrong.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Funny, how you've spent most of the thread arguing his actions were wrong...
    No, I've spent the entire thread arguing that bullets across the border as a response to rocks across the border is wrong. Try opening your eyes and ****ing reading once in a while.

    What you're doing is taking a stance and crutching it in "But I'll wait for..." so when you're proven wrong you can say "see, I waited good thing too" and if you're right you can say "See, I was right all along". That's not debate, that's CYA posturing.
    No, it's acknowledging that I would like to have all the pertinent information before moving forward in my assessment. It's what most intelligent and fair people will do.

    No, we just see your name and assume you take X stance.

    Don't get mad, if you'd quit trying to play every angle so as not to be wrong, you might get somewhere.
    I don't know what it is you actually do but it sure as hell hasn't been responding to what was actually posted to you. And now you are completely shifting gears to a whole new line of attack with this "playing every angle" bull**** you're now spewing because, chances are, you've gone back and seen the record and how you haven't actually been responding to what I said but what you convinced yourself I said.

    Instead of just confessing you were wrong, you're now making more **** up. It's your MO.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Then Tucker should wait till the investigation before saying anything.




    And the LAW, police department procedure, common sense... says you are utterly in the wrong.
    Another moronic appeal to status quo. No surprise there.

  4. #244
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Don't need to. You are clearly making an appeal to the absurd.
    When you stop watching american idol and start paying attention to real life then we'll see some action

    Apparently, honest discussion isn't your interest so why would I indulge such a moronic "pick"?
    There are 3 types of fails.... Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive. Again, an appeal to the "absurd"

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    When you stop watching american idol and start paying attention to real life then we'll see some action
    And now you are resorting to ad homs that aren't even remotely on topic. You're done.

    There are 3 types of fails.... Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive. Again, an appeal to the "absurd"
    You're not even making sense at this point. You're all over the place. Coherence....try it sometime.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, I've spent the entire thread arguing that bullets across the border as a response to rocks across the border is wrong. Try opening your eyes and ****ing reading once in a while.
    And I've repeatedly given evidence that not only is this a first time occurrence, it's not, but that it is PART OF HOW THE BORDER PATROL Operates.
    They feel they are in danger from someone on the Mexican side of the border, they are more then free to shoot them. End of story.
    I.E. you keep going on about the bullets crossing the border as if your point has any relevance to reality whatsoever.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    No, it's acknowledging that I would like to have all the pertinent information before moving forward in my assessment. It's what most intelligent and fair people will do.
    Yet you are assessing that shooting into Mexico at a rock thrower is wrong, despite pertinent information in the form of rules, laws, precedent proving that you are in error. This shows how little you care about the "Pertinent Information". Fair and intelligent people (That's a nice little passive aggressive personal insult by the way), also use past events to guide their judgement. You have not shown to use such tools in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't know what it is you actually do but it sure as hell hasn't been responding to what was actually posted to you. And now you are completely shifting gears to a whole new line of attack with this "playing every angle" bull**** you're now spewing because, chances are, you've gone back and seen the record and how you haven't actually been responding to what I said but what you convinced yourself I said.

    Instead of just confessing you were wrong, you're now making more **** up. It's your MO.
    What am I making up? Nothing. I'm hounding you for your error, and for your elitist attitude that somehow despite all evidence to the contrary, you have a valid point to make.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #247
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Moderator's Warning:
    FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol Let's take it down a notch
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  8. #248
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    He was being attacked with rocks. You want him prosecuted for defending himself.

    Ergo in your view, he had no right to defend himself.

    /thread.
    Repeating it doesn't make it less of a false dichotomy.

    First, using a gun is not the only way that one can defend themself. Thus, your conclusion is totally illogical and fallacious. You can repeat it agian if you wish, but it doesn't change the fact that the conclusion itself is totally asinine. My arguments are actually about defending one's self in a manner that is appropriate to the threat posed by the one being defended against.

    Your argument is that any instance of rock throwing can be met with lethal force at the sole discretion of the shooter and that charges should never be filed agianst the shooter in any circumstances because ... ROCKS CAN KILL!!!!

    From my perspective, this is an irrational argument.

    It means that a small child throwing stones at a cop could be shot by said cop and the cop is never at risk for being prosecuted.

    My argumetn is that the amount of force used in response to a threat should be relative to the legitimate degree of threat being posed.

    If the threat to life is minimal, the response should not be a maximal threat to the life of the attacker.

    My argument allows the prosecution of a cop who shoots a small child for throwing stones at him.

    Now, you'll see that the word "prosecution" above has been italicized. This is because I think you are misunderstanding what "prosecuted" means. It does not mean found guilty or imprisoned or punished in some way..

    It simply means that charges should be filed and that due process of law should be fully employed in order to determine if a really was is guilty of some crime or not.

    You are trying to bypass the due process of law by finding him not guilty of any crime before a trial even happens.

    I disagree with that. The presumption of innocence is important to due process, but that doesn't mean that a declaration of innocence should occur pre-trial.

    Do you throw away the presumption of innocence when you are calling for someone's prosecution? Do you only do so when you presume guilt and want them to be punished?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And I've repeatedly given evidence that not only is this a first time occurrence, it's not, but that it is PART OF HOW THE BORDER PATROL Operates.
    They feel they are in danger from someone on the Mexican side of the border, they are more then free to shoot them. End of story.
    I.E. you keep going on about the bullets crossing the border as if your point has any relevance to reality whatsoever.
    And I have repeatedly pointed out that that they can remove themselves from danger easily by moving a a couple dozen yards back while still being in a good position to actually defend the border should someone...you know...try to cross it.

    Yet you are assessing that shooting into Mexico at a rock thrower is wrong, despite pertinent information in the form of rules, laws, precedent proving that you are in error. This shows how little you care about the "Pertinent Information". Fair and intelligent people (That's a nice little passive aggressive personal insult by the way), also use past events to guide their judgement. You have not shown to use such tools in this case.
    Boo-****ing-hoo on the insult front. I have found it insulting that you have misrepresented mine and Tucker's stance on this from beginning to end. Get over it.

    And I have simply asserted that in most cases (I'll even go so far as to say the vast number of cases) firing bullets in response to rock throwing is not appropriate. Period. I have also said that it is a case by case basis in order to determine the times it is appropriate. I really wish you would make some attempt at honesty here.

    What am I making up? Nothing. I'm hounding you for your error, and for your elitist attitude that somehow despite all evidence to the contrary, you have a valid point to make.
    Well let's see....you've completely falsified several positions since this started. Now whether that's because you are a liar, ignorant of the positions because you failed to actually read them, or didn't comprehend what you read remains to be seen. And now you are totally making up this idea that I am playing all sides when I have been abundantly clear as to what my position is.

  10. #250
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: FBI: Mexican soldiers used rifles to chase off U.S. Border Patrol

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And I have simply asserted that in most cases (I'll even go so far as to say the vast number of cases) firing bullets in response to rock throwing is not appropriate. Period.
    You're thinking would give anyone that wanted to stop/interfere with the BP or other Law Enforcement free reign to throw rocks at them. This shows how little you understand the reality of Law Enforcement.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •