Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 324

Thread: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

  1. #301
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    It's generally acknowledged that removing the weapons of the "peace activists" made the Israelies look like war-mad idiots. Are you saying that the exclusion of the weapons portrayed Israel in a better light?



    You've been watching too many Law and Order episodes. The photographer took X picture, Reuter's edited it to Y. They did this willingly and knowingly because they later apologized for it.

    Both in 2006 and 2010 they admited and apologized for the photo edits. They deny political motivation, but it is conclusive that it was done (cue Law and Order theme) "knowingly and willingly."
    The question was motivation and as far as I can see, there's no evidence to support this being a politically motivated act.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  2. #302
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    Reuters, at the end of the day, clearly edited photo to portray Israel in a poor light.

    Yes, they have bias. Get used to it, the world is biased and if you can't handle that then, well, I suggest C-SPAN and the Gilmore Girls.
    How does it show Israel in a poor light? That doesn't even make sense. I suggest that your own bias is getting in the way of honestly looking at this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    It's generally acknowledged that removing the weapons of the "peace activists" made the Israelies look like war-mad idiots. Are you saying that the exclusion of the weapons portrayed Israel in a better light?
    Did they knowingly remove the weapon? Jesus, it's not that difficult to understand. They already explained the procedures they take in cropping ALL their photos.


    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    You've been watching too many Law and Order episodes. The photographer took X picture, Reuter's edited it to Y. They did this willingly and knowingly because they later apologized for it.

    Both in 2006 and 2010 they admited and apologized for the photo edits. They deny political motivation, but it is conclusive that it was done (cue Law and Order theme) "knowingly and willingly."
    Really...? That obtuse...? Reuters is accused of cropping the photo to portray Israel in a bad light. You cannot prove that they just cropped the photo and say it also proves that their intent was to show Israel in a bad light. We are looking for proof that Reuters knowingly removed the knife to portray Israel in a bad light. No one has provided any, including you.

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    University of San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-14-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    672
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    Did they knowingly remove the weapon? Jesus, it's not that difficult to understand. They already explained the procedures they take in cropping ALL their photos.
    Funny, then, that they apologized.


    Really...? That obtuse...? Reuters is accused of cropping the photo to portray Israel in a bad light. You cannot prove that they just cropped the photo and say it also proves that their intent was to show Israel in a bad light. We are looking for proof that Reuters knowingly removed the knife to portray Israel in a bad light. No one has provided any, including you.
    But they apologized for it. I'm not so certain, but when one is innocent; there's nothing to retract.

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    University of San Diego
    Last Seen
    04-14-11 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    672
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    How does it show Israel in a poor light? That doesn't even make sense. I suggest that your own bias is getting in the way of honestly looking at this.
    I'm just rephrasing Reuter's own phrasing. If you don't understand me, it must be a comphrehension issue.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    I'm just rephrasing Reuter's own phrasing. If you don't understand me, it must be a comphrehension issue.
    As what you state isn't factually true, it would be kind of a comphrehension issue. It doesn't show Israel in a poor light.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Areopagitican View Post
    Funny, then, that they apologized.

    But they apologized for it. I'm not so certain, but when one is innocent; there's nothing to retract.
    Yes, they apologized for it. Is that an admittance of guilt that they purposely cropped the photo to put Israel in a bad light? No.

  8. #308
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    At the end of the day, you have nothing but your own biased opinion that Reuters did this purposefully (knowingly and willingly) with the intent "to portray Israel in a poor light".

    Fail. Come back when you can prove Reuters did this knowingly and willingly. There's this thing called burden of proof. I don't know if you've ever heard of it, but it is really common when debating.
    There's no "proof," not even in a court of law. There's "beyond a reasonable doubt," which isn't even necessary here since we're not in court. If a rabid dog bites a man, that dog should be put down. There's no need to prove the "intent" of the dog. Reuters' reporting is biased and unreliable. I don't need to know or even care what their motives are.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    There's no "proof," not even in a court of law. There's "beyond a reasonable doubt," which isn't even necessary here since we're not in court. If a rabid dog bites a man, that dog should be put down. There's no need to prove the "intent" of the dog. Reuters' reporting is biased and unreliable. I don't need to know or even care what their motives are.
    Again with the stupid false analogies. You're only repeating the same stuff over and over again. Stating your opinions as if they were facts is not a great way to start here.

  10. #310
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,329

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    Again with the stupid false analogies. You're only repeating the same stuff over and over again. Stating your opinions as if they were facts is not a great way to start here.

    Wow, there sure are a lot of apologists for Reuters in here dancing as hard as they can to excuse something that when caught Reuters itself didn't excuse from the Photog, and Editor. First off, straight from my wife whom is a Graphic artist, and has worked for a Tribune owned paper for going on 20 years, Cropping is in this day and age used primarily for taking out parts of a particular photo that are not relevant to the photos story it is telling, like excess sky, and or other things that will not change the pictures focus. Now you can say that the focus is on the solider, however the man standing off to the right holding the knife is of importance to the photo as well, and would have shown whom the attackers in the story were. Reuters, as I have shown before intentionally alters its photos, and has even allowed itself to be led around by the Hezbollah, Hamas thugs giving only one viewpoint to advance its own agenda.

    Those making excuses for them I suspect follow, and agree with that agenda.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •