Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 324

Thread: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

  1. #261
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Look, bottom line: Reuters released a photo and were then told that the photo as it was released changed the context of the photo. They immediately apologized and re-released the full photo.

    They made a mistake, they got called on it, they fixed it.

    There is no story here and I see not one single thing to suggest this was anything other than an honest mistake.
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  2. #262
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    Look, bottom line: Reuters released a photo and were then told that the photo as it was released changed the context of the photo. They immediately apologized and re-released the full photo.

    They made a mistake, they got called on it, they fixed it.

    There is no story here and I see not one single thing to suggest this was anything other than an honest mistake.
    Receiving stolen property is illegal, yet also an "honest mistake." Bottom line, Reuters is responsible for the error. We need more than "Oopsie!" from Reuters.

  3. #263
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Receiving stolen property is illegal, yet also an "honest mistake." Bottom line, Reuters is responsible for the error. We need more than "Oopsie!" from Reuters.
    They admitted and fixed their mistake, what more do you want?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    Receiving stolen property is illegal, yet also an "honest mistake." Bottom line, Reuters is responsible for the error. We need more than "Oopsie!" from Reuters.
    What type of horrible analogy is this...? Receiving stolen property is only illegal if a person receives knowlingly and willingly. Can you prove Reuters knowingly and willingly removed the knife?

  5. #265
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Degreez View Post
    Can you prove Reuters knowingly and willingly removed the knife?
    I would also very much like an answer to this question. Is there proof that Reuters edited the photo for any reason beyond standard post-shot cleanup?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  6. #266
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    They admitted and fixed their mistake, what more do you want?
    I didn't say I "want" anything. But since you ask, I want Reuters to be more careful so that they don't publish more terrorist propaganda.

  7. #267
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    I would also very much like an answer to this question. Is there proof that Reuters edited the photo for any reason beyond standard post-shot cleanup?
    If your claim is that we can't make accusations because there is no proof of motive, then you are wrong. In fact, the idea that editing out the weapon and blood is "post-shot cleanup" is ludicrous. Any journalist worth a dime knows that is the subject of the photo.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    If your claim is that we can't make accusations because there is no proof of motive, then you are wrong. In fact, the idea that editing out the weapon and blood is "post-shot cleanup" is ludicrous. Any journalist worth a dime knows that is the subject of the photo.
    Where was blood edited out?

    BTW, if you make a claim, that they did this due to bias, you do have to support that claim. YOu can say the cropped the edges. You would be factually correct. But if you say why, you have to offer support. So, when asked where is the support, you either have to provide some, or admit you have none.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #269
    Technomancer
    Hoplite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    05-08-11 @ 03:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,779

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    If your claim is that we can't make accusations because there is no proof of motive, then you are wrong. In fact, the idea that editing out the weapon and blood is "post-shot cleanup" is ludicrous. Any journalist worth a dime knows that is the subject of the photo.
    So you have no proof whatsoever, only your artistic opinion?
    I'm Done

    See my last post

  10. #270
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-24-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    that's not the only thing Reuters has been messing up!

    check out the video just released at ReutersExposed.com about Thomson Reuters and their executives.

    actually topical

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •