Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 324

Thread: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

  1. #221
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, no response to the Headlines bias post?
    Wasn't much to respond to. TO accept it as bais, I must first agree with your bias. You see it as bias because of your bias. You need something far more objective than what you present.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #222
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The photo wasn't fake, was it?
    The original photo was edited to hide the truth. Whether you want to call it edited or fake makes no difference. The fact remains the photo was intentionally altered to change its meaning.

  3. #223
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Wasn't much to respond to. TO accept it as bais, I must first agree with your bias. You see it as bias because of your bias. You need something far more objective than what you present.
    The problem with the edited photos is obvious. Your position goes beyond bias. You are attempting to deny the facts. Perhaps that is the reason you don't have a problem with faked photos.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The photo wasn't fake, was it?
    The photo was fake.
    It displayed an image contrary to the original image.
    The image it displayed was done for the purpose of hiding certain "facts" from view.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The photo was fake.
    It displayed an image contrary to the original image.
    The image it displayed was done for the purpose of hiding certain "facts" from view.
    NO, that would not be correct. No truth was hidden (catching others in this response). No one could reasonably be thought to believe anything other then the soldier was attacked by those on the ship. Believing otherwise is sheer fiction.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    The problem with the edited photos is obvious. Your position goes beyond bias. You are attempting to deny the facts. Perhaps that is the reason you don't have a problem with faked photos.
    Nothing was faked.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #227
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    NO, that would not be correct. No truth was hidden (catching others in this response). No one could reasonably be thought to believe anything other then the soldier was attacked by those on the ship. Believing otherwise is sheer fiction.
    How can you say that when the photos were cropped to leave out certian details? If somoene took a photo of you kissing a really ugly woman who looked like a guy and cropped it to leave out certian details and shown that cropped/altered photo wouldn't you say the truth was being hidden?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #228
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    How can you say that when the photos were cropped to leave out certian details? If somoene took a photo of you kissing a really ugly woman who looked like a guy and cropped it to leave out certian details and shown that cropped/altered photo wouldn't you say the truth was being hidden?
    Easily. The detail was hard to see to egin with, it meant nothing to the photo. No one looked at the photo and thought the soldier hurt himself. So, no meaning was changed at all. In fact, it focuses on the injury, which makes it more sympathetic to the Israeli's and not less so. And no information of misinformation as been given concerning the article accompaning the photo. This is once again whining that is not factually accurate. No truth was hidden at all, period.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #229
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-22-10 @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    111

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    NO, that would not be correct. No truth was hidden (catching others in this response). No one could reasonably be thought to believe anything other then the soldier was attacked by those on the ship. Believing otherwise is sheer fiction.
    That's your position? Everybody knows the truth, so Reuters publishing faked photos is okay?

  10. #230
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Reuters Admits Cropping Photos of Ship Clash, Denies Political Motive

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenA59 View Post
    That's your position? Everybody knows the truth, so Reuters publishing faked photos is okay?
    So, you can't make a logical argment and fall back on everyone knows. Gottcha.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •