Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

  1. #11
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,701

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    I think you miss Deuce's point, that is unless you actually think that Clinton and Obama are left of center. In that case, there's probably no way of getting through to you, as you aren't being realistic.
    You have got to be kidding? You think Bill Clinton and President Obama are Center right? Or extreme right

    Then you say I am being unrealistic?

    Obama is a Chicago Democrat, he is to the left. I suppose you want to ignore his voting record?

    Bill was not far left, but a leftist Democrat just the same.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-09-10 at 11:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #12
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,864

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    No, what we have here is an extreme left taking over the once moderation of both parties. Left is still left, however what is being shown in glaring light, exposed for all to see is just how dishonest the system has become thanks to progressives in both parties.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #13
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You have got to be kidding? You think Bill Clinton and President Obama are Center right?

    Then you say I am being unrealistic?

    Obama is a Chicago Democrat, he is to the left. I suppose you want to ignore his voting record?

    Bill was not far left, but a leftist Democrat just the same.
    No sir, I am absolutely serious. That you would say such balderdash, simply makes it clear to me how much of an extremist you are. Trying to converse with extremists is a waste of time. Have a nce day.

  4. #14
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,701

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, what we have here is an extreme left taking over the once moderation of both parties. Left is still left, however what is being shown in glaring light, exposed for all to see is just how dishonest the system has become thanks to progressives in both parties.


    j-mac
    I don't see any real difference among the Kool aid drinkers of either party Republican or Democrat.

    It just makes me laugh when obviously partisan people from either side try and blame the other when they do exactly the same things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #15
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,701

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    No sir, I am absolutely serious. That you would say such balderdash, simply makes it clear to me how much of an extremist you are. Trying to converse with extremists is a waste of time. Have a nce day.
    What kind of extremist am I?

    Please point out what is extremist about my comments?

    Again please point out what is center right or extremest right about President Obama's voting record, or even his presidential record?

    I challenge you to do the same with Bill Clinton.

    I think the problem is you have no evidence to back your claim and instead make an excuse to attack me as an extremist. Partisan hackery at it's best.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-09-10 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,123

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Obama is far left. If you look at his voting record and beliefs Obama is no where near the center, nor is he right of center. Here is a website that lists voting records and stances candidates hold. They also have a scoring mechanism that places them somewhere on the political spectrum. Barack Obama on the Issues
    This is where Obama falls.

    This is where they place Nancy Pelosi
    Last edited by digsbe; 06-09-10 at 11:17 AM.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  7. #17
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,864

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't see any real difference among the Kool aid drinkers of either party Republican or Democrat.

    It just makes me laugh when obviously partisan people from either side try and blame the other when they do exactly the same things.

    I can certainly agree with the sentiment you are expressing here, even though at times we are all guilty to a degree of sticking up for our principles in debates over issues. however, to suggest that Obama is anywhere near the center on anything is pure propaganda, and an attempt to shuffle all blame for his own incompetence and that of his party on the opposition, and is pure politics.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #18
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What kind of extremist am I?

    Please point out what is extremist about my comments?

    Again please point out what is center right or extremest right about President Obama's voting record, or even his presidential record?

    I challenge you to do the same with Bill Clinton.

    I think the problem is you have no evidence to back your claim and instead make an excuse to attack me as an extremist.Partisan hackery at it's best.
    That you can't distinguish what an actual leftist is, and insisting that two politicians that are quite clearly centrists as being "left" simply shows how skewed to the extremist right your view is. I am neither a Democrat or a Republican, hence the real "partisan hackery" is your baby, not mine. That's what causes me to see you as an extremist. Your "graph" (conveniently put together by " Libertarians" {aka: Anarchists} ) is designed to make a political point and is therefore, meaningless. Save it for the Teabagger crowd, it's more their speed. Furthermore, nowhere did I say or even imply that Clinton or Obama were "extreme right." You simply made that up. That speaks directly to the kind integrity you debate with. Thanks, but no thanks.
    Last edited by The Uncola; 06-09-10 at 11:49 AM.

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,123

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    All the facts and stances Obama holds would place him in the left category. Please tell me, what stances and what voting records do you have that show Obama as a centrist or center-right? What about the link I posted and the fact that Obama is placed in the left category because of his beliefs and voting record? Honestly, I don't think people can logically assert that Obama is a centrist or part of the right when there is no evidence for it and when the right blatantly disagrees with him.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  10. #20
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,701

    Re: Pelosi delivers speech over screams of health-care activists

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    That you can't distinguish what an actual leftist is, and insisting that two politicians that are quite clearly centrists as being "left" simply shows how skewed to the extremist right your view is.
    I am a Constitutionalist, not Republican or Democrat.

    I lived in Chicago while Obama was there. I know what his policy's are and were. They are left of center as are Bill Clinton's.

    Nothing “skewed” about my view.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    I am neither a Democrat or a Republican, hence the real [I]"partisan hackery"[I/] is your baby, not mine. That's what causes me to see you as an extremist.
    So because I think both party's are basically the same and see a progressive as a progressive, I am extreme?

    You can’t even point out a comment I made that says anything about me being extreme. Nice unfounded assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    Your "graph" (conveniently put together by " Libertarians" {aka: Anarchists} ) is designed to make a political point and is therefore, meaningless. Save it for the Teabagger crowd, it's more their speed.
    Again a good example of partisan hackery founded on a bad assumption.

    The graph is from OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues and has nothing to do with libertarians or the anarchist wing of the libertarian party. You are basing an assumption on the political leaning of a poster. Not a good way to make a statement about anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    Furthermore, nowhere did I say or even imply that Clinton or Obama were "extreme right." You simply made that up. That speaks directly to the kind integrity you debate with. Thanks, but no thanks.
    No I did not.

    Deuce said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    We're just kindof annoyed that this country has only two viable parties: Center-Right and Extreme Right.
    I replied with:

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well if that was the case the Clinton/Obama years would not exist.

    The problem is none of the party's represents the people anymore.

    This does not excuse the fact both sides are hypocrites and liars.

    Much like you and your center-right etc foolishness, perfect example.

    Your reply to my response to Deuce:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Uncola View Post
    I think you miss Deuce's point, that is unless you actually think that Clinton and Obama are left of center. In that case, there's probably no way of getting through to you, as you aren't being realistic.
    Since you jumped in, in his defense I used his term.

    Perfectly logical considering your statement.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-09-10 at 12:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •