Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 352

Thread: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

  1. #231
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Why don't you go ahead and emphasize the entire operative phrase instead of playing semantics and loading a single word within that phrase?
    Because I don't believe that Border Patrol should have to retreat away from the Border and ignore being attacked because someone is attacking them.

    Retreating is retreating, we shouldn't be made to retreat at all.

    Especially if the guy was in the process of detaining an individual who has just crossed the border and was getting attacked by rocks that Tucker says he should just be allowed to be interrupted becuase he now has to retreat.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #232
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    My assessment of the video seems to indicate the cop was holding his gun with one hand, while holding a suspect, just standing wide open. The range at which the rocks must have been thrown, was far enough away to have been dodged, and I didn't see the cop moving at all because of any rocks thrown.

    If he felt any threat to his life would he have not moved to any sort of cover, assessed the situation and then decided to open fire?
    What should he do with the suspect? Hide behind them? Let them go?

    Are we going to let idiots hurling rocks at Agents from the other side of the border interrupt the duties those Agents have because "they are just rocks"
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #233
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You know what he's going to say right? "that'll teach you to run from the police"
    Why in the hell would you run from the police if you aren't doing something highly illegal with that weapon?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Why in the hell would you run from the police if you aren't doing something highly illegal with that weapon?
    I did not have a weapon. My friend and I were swinging on the swings when the part time park ranger came running at us screaming and waving his gun at us. I really thought he was going to shoot us. He tried to shoot me but he missed. I was 16 years old at the time and weighed about 120 pounds.

    BTW, I have never had a police record for anything. I had a top secret security clearance in the army, just saying.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Because I don't believe that Border Patrol should have to retreat away from the Border and ignore being attacked because someone is attacking them.
    That has nothing to do with the attempt you made to load a single word by ignoring the rest of the phrase. As for your belief, I don't believe stepping out of rock throwing range to avoid firing into another country at an unarmed civilian of that country is too much to expect.

    Retreating is retreating, we shouldn't be made to retreat at all.
    No retreating is not retreating. There is a route and then there is a safe retreat to a better vantage. If the rock throwers cross the border, then by all means fire at them on our side. But there is ZERO excuse for firing on rock throwers across the border.

    Especially if the guy was in the process of detaining an individual who has just crossed the border and was getting attacked by rocks that Tucker says he should just be allowed to be interrupted becuase he now has to retreat.
    Retreat with the suspect in tow. No one was facing lethal force from across that border.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I did not have a weapon. My friend and I were swinging on the swings when the part time park ranger came running at us screaming and waving his gun at us. I really thought he was going to shoot us. He tried to shoot me but he missed. I was 16 years old at the time and weighed about 120 pounds.

    BTW, I have never had a police record for anything. I had a top secret security clearance in the army, just saying.
    Oh ****, I went back and re-read your original post.

    I must have retardafied my reading because I somehow read you were playing with a gun with a friend when .......

    Park Ranger sounds like an idiot.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Oh ****, I went back and re-read your original post.

    I must have retardafied my reading because I somehow read you were playing with a gun with a friend when .......

    Park Ranger sounds like an idiot.
    Sadly many people in law enforcement if you give them a gun they go and act all reckless or like you have to RESPECT them because they are the authority. sucks.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That has nothing to do with the attempt you made to load a single word by ignoring the rest of the phrase. As for your belief, I don't believe stepping out of rock throwing range to avoid firing into another country at an unarmed civilian of that country is too much to expect.



    No retreating is not retreating. There is a route and then there is a safe retreat to a better vantage. If the rock throwers cross the border, then by all means fire at them on our side. But there is ZERO excuse for firing on rock throwers across the border.



    Retreat with the suspect in tow. No one was facing lethal force from across that border.
    So while Im getting hit in the head with rocks hurled at high velocity and still struggling with an individual attempting to resist my attempts to detain him Im supposed to just grow like Incredible Hulk and one arm drag the suspect away from the border so as to avoid the rocks?

    No, im going to shoot the mother ****er throwing rocks at me and continue to detain said suspect.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So while Im getting hit in the head with rocks hurled at high velocity and still struggling with an individual attempting to resist my attempts to detain him Im supposed to just grow like Incredible Hulk and one arm drag the suspect away from the border so as to avoid the rocks?

    No, im going to shoot the mother ****er throwing rocks at me and continue to detain said suspect.
    The BP agent had a helmet on.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Sadly many people in law enforcement if you give them a gun they go and act all reckless or like you have to RESPECT them because they are the authority. sucks.
    Silly overgeneralization.

    Counts for like maybe 2% of the people you just generalized.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •