Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 352

Thread: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Dude... You Tell me your not saying it, then you go and you agree with what I said you were saying.

    Please, ladies and gentlemen of the Jury, I present to you my emphasized word above.
    Why don't you go ahead and emphasize the entire operative phrase instead of playing semantics and loading a single word within that phrase?

  2. #222
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I think you and tex are being positively ridiculous at this point...something I expect from tex but I think a little more highly of you. First of all, you are refusing to make a distinguished assessment between rock throwing on this side of the border and theirs. If rocks are being thrown from the Mexican side of the border, the border patrol can and should retreat the few dozen yards back from the border where they are still well within firing range but out of rock throwing range. There's no sense in firing across the border at rock throwers on that side as it's easy to alleviate the threat without such action.

    Now if they are firing bullets from the other side of the border, by all means open fire. If they are chasing border agents throwing rocks on our side of the border, by all means open fire. That's all Tucker has been saying from the beginning and you both know that. Why you're feeding off each other's desperate and childish need to just be contrary is beyond me.
    My assessment of the video seems to indicate the cop was holding his gun with one hand, while holding a suspect, just standing wide open. The range at which the rocks must have been thrown, was far enough away to have been dodged, and I didn't see the cop moving at all because of any rocks thrown.

    If he felt any threat to his life would he have not moved to any sort of cover, assessed the situation and then decided to open fire?

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    My assessment of the video seems to indicate the cop was holding his gun with one hand, while holding a suspect, just standing wide open. The range at which the rocks must have been thrown, was far enough away to have been dodged, and I didn't see the cop moving at all because of any rocks thrown.

    If he felt any threat to his life would he have not moved to any sort of cover, assessed the situation and then decided to open fire?
    I agree and even under the loose guidelines Tucker laid out, it's still a case by case basis. He could have also opened fire to protect the suspect he had in custody, too. It really just looked like a bunch of subhuman monkeys in full riot mode were trying to hurt the agent with no regard for one of their own that was being held. I still would have preferred to see him move away, but there's more to being in the situation than you see in a video.

    I will reserve judgment of the situation until the findings of an investigation are reported.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    For doing nothing? And the man pulled out his gun and shot at you. And then you turned him in right?
    Hell yeah. I was playing in a play ground with a friend when he appeared out of nowhere with a gun pointed at us. We ran, he fired, my friend kept on running and I stopped.

    It turned out the playground had been vandalized the day before. They caught the kids who had done it the next day. My father sued him and got a nice chunk of money.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Another accusation on your part founded on ignorance. I'm asking for an apology simply because you guys both made false accusations towards me in this thread. You both accused me of doing something I did not do because you were both ignroant of the fact that teh commetns you were looking for were never in this thread.

    Tex admitted to teh error that led to the accusations, but did not do anything to rectify the accusations. You've done neither.
    This is a lie, however, I'll do it here just to shut you up. I was in error in thinking posts were deleted. My bad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Yet somehow, you think it is appropriate to compound your error by making mroe errors of the same quality.

    Very odd.
    The only error here is expecting you to be honest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I posted a big block of evidence proving you and tex wrong.
    Only in your mind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Correction: I don't consider rocks thrown at larger distances to be a threat. If someoen were to hold a rock in their hand and bludgeon someoen ,that is a very real and effective threat to one's life and safety. The danger posed by rocks is inversely proportional to the distance of the person doing the threatening and the person being threatened.
    Must be nice to sit back on the internet and determine at what distance a rock is dangerous. Ever had someone attack you with malicious intent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    My poisition is that when the person with the rocks is on the other side of the border (a clearly defined limit) the person being threatened has the ability to dramatically reduce the threat by increasing the distance between the thrower and themselves.
    Except the BP Agent was unable to do this because of the person he had handcuffed. Which you have ignored repeatedly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If the prson throwing the rocks crosses the border, it is clear that they
    they....

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    That is incorrect.

    I have proven that this is not my position in very the post that you quoted.
    You've back tracked and attempted to change your position.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You don't get my position. That's clearly evident.
    No, you keep changing your "position". You've narrowed the parameters of why you ARE right and the rest of us are wrong to justify your stance. The actual situation doesn't resemble the story you've concocted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    For example, you could not have said "YOU don't think they should be allowed to shoot into Mexico." if you understood my position. Unless of course you do understand my position, in which case thatr would mean that you are just lying about my position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    What side of the border was that guy on when he was shot?

    If you still don't know what my argument was, you aren't equipped to say that I'd have to admit I was wrong.
    It would seem that you are arguing his being in Mexico was the pertinent factor.


    As shown here you are stuck on "US Side/Mexican Side"

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Was he on US soil? Yes.

    If you are unwilling to comprehend my argument, you are not equipped with the necessary tools to make any claims about me being wrong.
    (oh and nice personal attack on Tex there)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    No. I'm not saying that. That is a strawman.

    My argument is entirely about rocks being thrown over the broder not being a legitimate enough threat to warrant lethal force against someone on the Mexican side of the broder. As range increases, the danger form thrown rocks decreases dramatically. The border agent has the option to retreat a short distance in order to protect themselves.
    Expect the Agent COULDN'T retreat... AND I've also posted links showing the BP not only has fired into Mexico in Defense against Rocks being thrown, but that they are authorized to do so.

    So far, your arguments are not withstanding scrutiny... well except by you of course.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post

    I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. An inability to understand what I'm saying is not a negative quality. There can be a plethora of reasons for an inability to understand my position.

    However, willful dishonesty is somethign I would not accuse you of.

    Because there are only two options here:

    1. You don't understand
    2. You are lying.

    The option that doesn't exist, regardles of what you may think to be true, is that you both understand my position AND are telling the truth truth about that position.

    Those two situations are mutually exclusive at this point.

    The only one misrepresenting your position, is you. And you are doing so trying to avoid being shown to be completely and utterly wrong.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #226
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Hell yeah. I was playing in a play ground with a friend when he appeared out of nowhere with a gun pointed at us. We ran, he fired, my friend kept on running and I stopped.
    You know what he's going to say right? "that'll teach you to run from the police"

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Is the flush handle broken?

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    This is a lie, however, I'll do it here just to shut you up. I was in error in thinking posts were deleted. My bad.

    The only error here is expecting you to be honest.

    Only in your mind.

    Must be nice to sit back on the internet and determine at what distance a rock is dangerous. Ever had someone attack you with malicious intent?

    Except the BP Agent was unable to do this because of the person he had handcuffed. Which you have ignored repeatedly.



    they....

    You've back tracked and attempted to change your position.


    No, you keep changing your "position". You've narrowed the parameters of why you ARE right and the rest of us are wrong to justify your stance. The actual situation doesn't resemble the story you've concocted

    The only one misrepresenting your position, is you. And you are doing so trying to avoid being shown to be completely and utterly wrong.
    I don't know why anyone even bothers when you get like this.

  9. #229
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I agree and even under the loose guidelines Tucker laid out, it's still a case by case basis. He could have also opened fire to protect the suspect he had in custody, too. It really just looked like a bunch of subhuman monkeys in full riot mode were trying to hurt the agent with no regard for one of their own that was being held. I still would have preferred to see him move away, but there's more to being in the situation than you see in a video.

    I will reserve judgment of the situation until the findings of an investigation are reported.
    A very fair approach.

    I must concede that I have been perhaps too quick to judge the Agent poorly.

    While, I haven't seen anything to contradict my initial inclina6tions on the issue, I should withold full judgment until the investigation is complete.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't know why anyone even bothers when you get like this.
    Tucker was wrong man, WRONG.

    Wrong on the INTERNET.

    It's fun Jall, you need to loosen up.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •