Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 352

Thread: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Less than lethal isn't "just for movies", and it's far better to use less than lethal weapons on a 15 year old throwing rocks than to kill him.
    I would agree except this wasn't just one individual it was a group of people, how many border patrol agents were there on scene? If it was just one or two guys they could have been easily knocked out and torn apart by the angry mob. Furthermore; what type of less than lethal armament were they carrying? Were they prepared with tear gas launchers and rubber bullets or just standard, whip batons, tazers, and pepper spray, because if the latter the effective range of the stones would be at least twice that of the whip batons, pepper spray and tazers with the tazers having the longest range but only a single shot capability which doesn't do much good against an angry mob.

    Personally if it came to armed confrontation I'd rather have the rocks, longer range and lethal capability especially if used with a cloth sling.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 06-09-10 at 04:30 PM.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    Those who are stoned to death are rendered helpless and unable to defend themselves. Yes, it's a form of capital punishment, but one that the American officers were, in my opinion, more than able to avoid without shooting someone. The distance at which the rocks were thrown is apparently 10 meters (33 feet). Move back another 10 meters-- I don't care how good the person's arm is, it won't be easy to hit you. Easily avoided, nobody is dead.

    Yes, it's a bit ridiculous to suddenly start throwing rocks at armed officers, but it is just as ridiculous for that armed officer to pull out a gun and shoot in retaliation. I realize that there is a problem at the borders, but shooting a 15-year-old kid won't fix it.
    how long would you suggest he continue to retreat?
    Is this what we do now, if someone breaks the law and attacks we just retreat like pussies?

    ****ing Liberalization of America my god.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #133
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    He was shot in Mexico.....

    This so far is pure speculation, so can we please not start saying this like it is fact?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #134
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    This so far is pure speculation, so can we please not start saying this like it is fact?


    j-mac
    No, it's POSSIBLE he was in Mexico, they were in a dry river bed, however, the bullet was fired in the USA. So it's rather pointless where he "died".
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #135
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, it's POSSIBLE he was in Mexico, they were in a dry river bed, however, the bullet was fired in the USA. So it's rather pointless where he "died".
    Oh lord, I can see it now.

    Supporters of Illegal Immigrants are going to support idiots coming to the border and throwing **** and acting violently on their half side of the line and then deamonize those who defend themselves on our side.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #136
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, it's POSSIBLE he was in Mexico, they were in a dry river bed, however, the bullet was fired in the USA. So it's rather pointless where he "died".

    And it is possible that the casing found near him was from another gun all together. Who knows in that lawless region.?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Where is the law unconstitutional? How does the law Arizona passed in anyway rise to the level of SCOTUS review? Can you give some examples?
    Stop, now you're just being silly. Any state law may be reviewed by SCOTUS.

    You want examples of state law reviewed by SCOTUS... Seriously?

    Well, the recent amendment to the CA constitution is working it's way up.

    When the AZ law goes into effect, into practice, citizens may file a complaint in federal court. Whether or not it makes it all the way to SCOTUS, who can say. But, given the nature of the law, and the questions raised... and the overlapping jurisdictional issues. This is the type of thing the a lower court may ask a higher court for clarification or instructions on the limits of the law.

    Again, on paper, I don't have a problem with the AZ law. But I'm not so dimwitted as to deny that it's controversial and people who feel there's a civil rights issue will seek remedy at some point.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    HEY! Where did YOU study Constitutional Law at eh? Haz is an expert man, he knows! HE KNOWS!!!

    (And he fails to give any examples or reasons, but he KNOWS MAN)
    HEY! I didn't make an emphatic statement about the AZ law. That was Vicchio.

  9. #139
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    You know - this whole issue about "where he was shot, where the shot was fired from" is exactly why lethal force shouldn't be used frivolously at any border.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #140
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Mexico teen killed by US Border Patrol, anger high

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
    I can't think of a single exchange with you where you've had the last word. If I've forgotten something, post a link so that I can fix it.
    LOL Just because you said the last thing by no means can be interpreted as a win. Perhaps in the 3rd grade yes but not in big people word.

    What, so that you can end up running away again?
    Are you denying it or not? Answer the question.

    LOL, the Mexican government themselves stole the land. Why doesn't this ever get through your head? By the way, as I've said before, I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine by saying that you should be repatriated to Europe, since that's what the consistent application of your rules demands. It's not something I personally advocate.
    Another lie. Where did I ever say all Mexicans should go home? Go on, show us all where I said that.

    If you are going to lie so blatantly, this isn't going to be as much fun as I hoped.

    This isn't a counter-argument. Try stepping it up, tex.
    Nice dodge. It doesn't get around the fact you used your own lack of morality to assume someone would act the same way you would. Pathetic.

    No, I remember him saying that.
    Thats another lie and I demand you produce the quote up where he said that.

    Why do you continue to repeat the assertion about it being morally wrong to violate the law when I've demonstrated that the law and morality aren't always in step? Can't you engage in independent ethical analysis?
    Wow your reading comprehension level is atrocious. I said you use your own view of morality to justify not following law you are personally opposed to and you did exactly that. Trying to duck that fact is really sad.

    It should be easy to migrate because people should rise and fall based on their merits and willingness to work hard, rather than pre-existing factors that they had no control over.
    The idioicy of that statement is staggering. If you are want to immigrate to the US the process by its very nature should be hard to encourage only the hard working and dedicated people to immigrate. Your pathetic reasoning for allowing people to enter based on assumptions that could never be proven because they are from another country where we could verify none of those characteristics takes stupidity to a whole new level.

    Why do you bring up the most retarded strawmen about "evil whitey" over and over again, especially when I've said that I'm part white and probably descended from some "evil whiteys" myself? Do you feel persecuted? That's what the line on Stormfront is, and the initial motivation for white populism.
    And thats why I bring it up. You post anti white images from posters, you claim the laws of the US should not be followed because they stole the land from the locals and your position and any time someone tells you the laws should be enforced you compare them to Stormfront. You are your own worst enemy amigo

    All you know how to do is repeatedly contradict, but you're never quite able to debate. You've been told numerous times that the Mexican government is also descended from European colonists, so they won't be "re-taking" anything that wasn't stolen by their predecessors.
    LOL The next time you show me a white mexican trying to smuggle his way in you let me know

    Dishonesty is just a way of life for you isn't it?

    Which is a pathetic argument You've also been told that the Indian racial identity of the majority of migrant laborers places them at odds with the white upper class, which is why they don't have an incentive to extend their authority over them. This hasn't penetrated your skull at all.
    I know you love pretending you aren't anti-white but claiming the land was stolen, posting anti white pictures and comparing anyone who doesn't agree with you to white supremacist groups shows the lack of character and honesty in your arguments.

    I'm bringing up Stormfront because of your shared white populism, derived from your shared axiomatic conceptual values. Illegal Mexican killed by Border Patrol - Stormfront


    Sounds exactly like something you or any of the "very conservative" authoritarians here could say.
    I'm not Conway you simpleton. LOL Do you even know who you are replying to?

    So your argument against me is by associating me with someone I've never even spoken with? Thats your great link?

    Doesn't get any more dishonest than that.

    See you can't debate and thats why you fall into these racist rants of yours. I can quote your words, your posts and your thoughts. Your best shot is associating me with people I can never even spoken with.

    Its the sign of a weak debater who can't hold his ground on the facts but that shouldn't sound new to you.

    I've just accurately described what's going on.
    No, you've simply lied about what's going on.

    Itís chauvinistic white populism thatís the basis for propaganda about a "reconquista" and authoritarian policy like police state purges of migrant laborers that have higher employment rates than the citizen population, prohibition of ethnic studies programs, removal of teachers with accents, establishment of authoritarian and inhumane camps in Arpaioís tent cities, and the draconian restrictions on freedom of movement around our Berlin Wall of the Southwest. Itís white populism that provides the foundation for the screeching about "Islamofascism" and the environment of harassment of Arabs and non-Arabs perceived as "Middle Eastern," which is why moronic populists attacked Sikhs after 9/11. The "divided loyalties" rhetoric was also a cause for suspicion of Jews and widespread internment of Japanese, and is generally inflamed during tumultuous periods for the WASP population, be it military conflict, economic turmoil, or the combination that they are currently experiencing.

    Ignorance about the non-WASP "ethnic" population is also typically a facet. Sikhs were attacked because the white populists were too ignorant to distinguish them from Muslims. Han Chinese and other East Asians were sometimes interned with Japanese despite the fact that they despised the Japanese empire for their invasive tactics, because the white populists were too ignorant to distinguish them from Japanese. And now, the white populists think that Mexicans are a racial group, rather than a national group ruled by a white upper class, and they're too ignorant to separate the Guatemalan and Salvadoran immigrants.

    This is right up your alley, tex:



    The foundations for a white populist backlash (association of hostile foreign status with a certain non-white/Anglo phenotype, attacks on the ethnic populationís usage of a minority language, overwhelmingly negative characterizations), are in place. The combination of economic troubles and prior social conservatism in the state of Arizona led to greater intolerance for immigrants, in the familiar pattern of support for authoritarianism increasing in times of crisis.

    You are seen for what you are.
    This is what I am:

    I actually think the law should apply to all races and no one is exempt. That's where we differ.


    Unlike your lies about myself and dishonesty linking me to groups I never even spoke to let alone agreed with, these are your words and your posts:


    All quotes by Cochise and no one else:

    Iíve grown sick of hearing claims that the U.S. government simply have the absolute right to exclude Mexican illegal immigrants or the Mexican government the right to exclude Guatemalan illegal immigrants for whatever reason when all American governments are ruling over territory that was unjustly acquired.
    The stateís administration simply do not have the ethical authority to declare national sovereignty over any territory in the Americas, since the territory was gained through forcible and fraudulent aggression against the indigenous residents.
    A good deal of current U.S. national territory is based on injustice
    I don't honor or respect some kind of uber-nationalist screaming about *his* land being invaded. It's not his. It never was.
    why do you care if illegal immigrants come and "steal" from people in the U.S.? If they can take it, as they are, shouldn't it be theirs






    As the evidence shows, you are the racist not me. You believe in ethnicity over law and you thrive on the dream of kicking all whites out of America claiming the land was "stolen". Its in your own words and the pictures you post. Its there for all to read for themselves unlike when you argue you can't even quote the person directly, just lie about phony associations for your "argument"

    You aren't fooling anyone when your own words sink you so easily.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •