Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 143

Thread: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

  1. #41
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    718

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Hmmm..

    ... so now, all of a sudden, Republicans are for earmarks?

    Fascinating.

  2. #42
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I'm actually fine with an additional 3 cents on my gas if it would prevent this sort of thing.



    Also, Maybe we can shut down the MMS since its irrellevant to this mess and funnel that money into the 1994 plan instead. that may make it 2 cents more expensive...


    I am not for some massive tax, just enough to fund cleanup and mitigation. It's going to cost us a lot more in the long run to clean this mess up as it is now.


    That's my point.
    I dont mind paying such a tax either, but when it is needed.
    there is no need for a tax here, there is need for a compeny with more money than the USA has now ( maybe i dont know) to spend what to them is 5$ to clean it up.
    I mean why should a citizen who gets scrwed at the prices as it is now have to pay for a their screw up?
    I mean I also throw baseballs out into the ocean hoping to cause a giant oil rig to fail like i need a good simile oh i got one " like a giant multimillion $$$ compeny that had a giant oil rig fail and is asking for finanical support in cleaning it up"

    Serouisly..

    I have read about enough legilations that (sp) sound good for us, but eventually screws us and gives the compenies more money..
    Comeon wake up and smell the U R SCRWED UR GOVERNEMTN HATES YOU coffee...its a new thing I am working on it will punch you in the face till you realise you are no longer in a democracy (sp)
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  3. #43
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,413

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMcCool View Post
    I dont mind paying such a tax either, but when it is needed.
    there is no need for a tax here, there is need for a compeny with more money than the USA has now ( maybe i dont know) to spend what to them is 5$ to clean it up.
    I mean why should a citizen who gets scrwed at the prices as it is now have to pay for a their screw up?
    I mean I also throw baseballs out into the ocean hoping to cause a giant oil rig to fail like i need a good simile oh i got one " like a giant multimillion $$$ compeny that had a giant oil rig fail and is asking for finanical support in cleaning it up"

    Serouisly..

    I have read about enough legilations that (sp) sound good for us, but eventually screws us and gives the compenies more money..
    Comeon wake up and smell the U R SCRWED UR GOVERNEMTN HATES YOU coffee...its a new thing I am working on it will punch you in the face till you realise you are no longer in a democracy (sp)




    You know what. Life is not fair. If it costs me a cent or two more at the pump to keep these spills from devastating my beloved country. so be it. We are taxed for so many retarded things right now, I'd be happy to see at least a penny of my money go to something that actually might help my country.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #44
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You know what. Life is not fair. If it costs me a cent or two more at the pump to keep these spills from devastating my beloved country. so be it. We are taxed for so many retarded things right now, I'd be happy to see at least a penny of my money go to something that actually might help my country.
    yeah i agree with you like I said I would not mind the tax.
    I am just wondering what would that money help? Shouldnt the olil compeny pay for all the cleaning ect ect?

    I am just confused why the government needs to also pay for this, I understand the need for something to be done, but doing this will just postpone anything..

    Till it passes the voteing ect ect ect

    to me it sounds like an excuse for the oil compeny to take its sweat damn time
    But thats me and I am sure I am wrong


    indeed life is not fair, but in the end its up to you to decide if you want to get the up side or the down side. And when you say life is not fair to yourself more than a few times a week, thats not good.

    the cooperations should be saying to themselfs life is not fair, not the otherway around me thinks
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  5. #45
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,413

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMcCool View Post
    yeah i agree with you like I said I would not mind the tax.
    I am just wondering what would that money help? Shouldnt the olil compeny pay for all the cleaning ect ect?

    yes they should. However reality dictates they will pass the cost to us. Such is the free market system.


    I am just confused why the government needs to also pay for this, I understand the need for something to be done, but doing this will just postpone anything..


    Whatever it takes to mitigate and contain a spill.







    Till it passes the voteing ect ect ect

    to me it sounds like an excuse for the oil compeny to take its sweat damn time
    But thats me and I am sure I am wrong


    indeed life is not fair, but in the end its up to you to decide if you want to get the up side or the down side. And when you say life is not fair to yourself more than a few times a week, thats not good.

    the cooperations should be saying to themselfs life is not fair, not the otherway around me thinks


    That would be nice, however, again reality creeps in. Cest la vie.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #46
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Yup you're right.
    But so am I.
    we are just both debating diff sides of the issue, you are on the side of passing it to get the oil under-control ASAP
    I am on the side saying pass this but for the love of fudgecakes please put some paperclip seeking missiles around the damn legislation.

    I am still confused as to why the oil company is not doing anything right now to my understanding.
    In a place where you cant even give a speech about health-care without people screaming, you can smoke a cigar while half the coastline is about to be annihilated?

    If thats the case...ROFL we are scrweeedddd
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  7. #47
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,413

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMcCool View Post
    Yup you're right.
    But so am I.
    we are just both debating diff sides of the issue, you are on the side of passing it to get the oil under-control ASAP
    I am on the side saying pass this but for the love of fudgecakes please put some paperclip seeking missiles around the damn legislation.

    I am still confused as to why the oil company is not doing anything right now to my understanding.
    In a place where you cant even give a speech about health-care without people screaming, you can smoke a cigar while half the coastline is about to be annihilated?

    If thats the case...ROFL we are scrweeedddd



    BP is doing a lot actually, they have a containment system in place thats getting a ton of the oil. Idiots they are though apparently didn't have enough boats to haul it out. :
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #48
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Heh
    well I dont know enough on the subject so like i said in an earlier post ( and if i did not I m now ) I need to look into this more for my answers to make sense..

    I hope it wont get any worse thou
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  9. #49
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    The customer is the consumer. We're not blameless in this energy situation, you know.
    You are dodging the question...... how are we the consumer "not blameless in this energy situation"?
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  10. #50
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Democrats propose further tax hike on offshore oil

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    They may not be able to pass on the tax, but they can damn sure close their operations in the GOM and ship all those jobs overseas.

    So, what are the Dems doing to improve the economy again? They're either purposefully destroying the American economy, or they're just ****ing stupid. Which is it?
    Actually, the economy did not fall into depression, which was a genuine threat 20 or so months ago. This threat was reflected in the Dow, which reflects the outlook of sophisticated investment, had fallen more than 60% during the last 7 months of the Bush Administration (and into the first weeks of his successor). The Dow has rebounded remarkably and has once again started trading on fundamentals. So I would say the economy has stabilized. Unfortunately unemployment is a trailing indicator of economic health, so its is not back.

    That all said, we are not out of the woods. The uncertainty of a recovery or the risk for retrenching has inhibited employment recovery. Still, its hard to realistically argue that it is worse now than it was in December 2008.

    If you do not argee, please offer your Monday morning response to what should have been done that wasn't.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 06-10-10 at 02:54 AM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •