Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 171

Thread: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

  1. #1
    Advisor JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Antarctica
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    429

    Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    This would explain a lot...

    Hamas are resistance fighters who are struggling to defend their land. They have won an election," Recep Tayyip Erdogan said yesterday in a speech broadcast live on television.

    "I have told this to US officials... I do not accept Hamas as a terrorist organisation. I think the same today. They are defending their land."

    The United States and the European Union blacklist Hamas as a terrorist group despite its victory in Palestinian elections in 2006.

    He lashed out at Western powers for denying Hamas a chance to shift to a democratic platform.

    "Why didn't you give them an opportunity? Let them wage a democratic struggle," he said, his speech often interrupted by a cheering crowd of party supporters...
    Link to Article - Herald Sun
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

  2. #2
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    And with them siding with Iran, it explains the direction they are going.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,847

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    If Mexico occupied Houston, TX, the inhabitants would probably be rather upset. And Hamas was elected.

    This isn't to say that Hamas is blameless in this conflict, far from it. My point is that labeling them EVILDOERS and calling it a day isn't the way to go about it. Israel surrounds and occupies that stretch of land, and the people who live there aren't allowed to leave. They're prisoners kept in perpetual poverty. These people don't have the military capacity to repel Israel, so they resort to guerrilla tactics and things escalate from there.

    In America we say the power to govern is granted by the people. The people who live in Gaza did not grant that right to Israel, and they want them the heck out of their country.

    Israelies, on the other hand, are surrounded by nations that wouldn't mind turning their country into a smoking crater, including some of the people in Gaza,so they do have legitimate security concerns.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If Mexico occupied Houston, TX, the inhabitants would probably be rather upset. And Hamas was elected.

    This isn't to say that Hamas is blameless in this conflict, far from it. My point is that labeling them EVILDOERS and calling it a day isn't the way to go about it. Israel surrounds and occupies that stretch of land, and the people who live there aren't allowed to leave. They're prisoners kept in perpetual poverty. These people don't have the military capacity to repel Israel, so they resort to guerrilla tactics and things escalate from there.

    In America we say the power to govern is granted by the people. The people who live in Gaza did not grant that right to Israel, and they want them the heck out of their country.

    Israelies, on the other hand, are surrounded by nations that wouldn't mind turning their country into a smoking crater, including some of the people in Gaza,so they do have legitimate security concerns.
    Do you have a link for that?

    Hint: Not being allowed free run of Israel would not constitute "aren't allowed to leave"

    I believe the blockade only stops ships from coming in without inspections..... I doubt anyone would be stopped from leaving.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  5. #5
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If Mexico occupied Houston, TX, the inhabitants would probably be rather upset. And Hamas was elected.
    Hitler was legally appointed to chancelor, too. Should we have just left him alone? The only reason Hamas isn't doing what Hitler did, is because they can't.

    This isn't to say that Hamas is blameless in this conflict, far from it. My point is that labeling them EVILDOERS and calling it a day isn't the way to go about it. Israel surrounds and occupies that stretch of land, and the people who live there aren't allowed to leave. They're prisoners kept in perpetual poverty. These people don't have the military capacity to repel Israel, so they resort to guerrilla tactics and things escalate from there.

    In America we say the power to govern is granted by the people. The people who live in Gaza did not grant that right to Israel, and they want them the heck out of their country.

    Israelies, on the other hand, are surrounded by nations that wouldn't mind turning their country into a smoking crater, including some of the people in Gaza,so they do have legitimate security concerns.

    Hamas has declared war upon Israel. Israel has every right to defend herself, however she sees fit. If the Palestinians really wanted peace, there would be peace. But, the election of Hamas proves that the Palestinians aren't interested in peace, only the destruction of Israel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #6
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hitler was legally appointed to chancelor, too. Should we have just left him alone? The only reason Hamas isn't doing what Hitler did, is because they can't.




    Hamas has declared war upon Israel. Israel has every right to defend herself, however she sees fit. If the Palestinians really wanted peace, there would be peace. But, the election of Hamas proves that the Palestinians aren't interested in peace, only the destruction of Israel.
    Damn it apdst, didn't you know Israel is just supposed roll over and die? How dare they defend their people from rocket attacks and suicide bombers.

    Didn’t you get the Lib memo? Sheesh, wakeup!
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,514

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Damn it apdst, didn't you know Israel is just supposed roll over and die? How dare they defend their people from rocket attacks and suicide bombers.

    Didn’t you get the Lib memo? Sheesh, wakeup!
    You're right! My bad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hitler was legally appointed to chancelor, too. Should we have just left him alone? The only reason Hamas isn't doing what Hitler did, is because they can't.
    Truer words were never spoken
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #9
    Advisor JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Antarctica
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    429

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    Just got this week's edition of The Economist... I have lost almost all my respect for that magazine. Besides being anti-zionist (which is nothing new) it's viewpoint is bordering Hamas-sympathetic.

    I still got more years in my life, I'd rather not see it end in a world in which fallacy takes precedence over fact.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hamas not a terrorist group, says Turkey's PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    I still got more years in my life, I'd rather not see it end in a world in which fallacy takes precedence over fact.
    I think a friend of mine said it best. He said that the spirit of our age, our zeitgeist is deception. We live in the Disinformation Age.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •