Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

  1. #21
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Unemployment in most so called western civilized nations will remain obstinately high until such time as they realize that sending jobs offshore hurts their economies more than anything else.

    Manufacture and sell in Country, that way Gov. gets taxes from Company's and workers, workers have Jobs, who loses? oh yes all those downtrodden workers in China/Vietnam/North Korea/Mexico!

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    And your first clue regarding this crew in dc...........was?
    their chicago roots

    i became more fully acquainted with barack hussein obama the man, i recall, in late 2007 when i learned about his attendance at trinity united on the southside

    my source, i remember, was cspan's washington journal, which used to be perhaps the most informative 3 hours on tv

  3. #23
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why don't they drop your healthcare now? It's even cheaper right now because there's no fine.
    Because most employeers like myself, try to do the best for their employees. If you, as an employer, see a cost coming down the road, then you, as a responsible person, will sock away money to cover that cost. That means saving money any way you can. I don't want to drop coverage for my guys, but the way the obama admin is raising taxes and killing jobs, my customer base (mostly homeowners) is shrinking. With this decline coming, we are not expanding and are considering future cuts in costs as well.
    Sorry if my guys will lose their healthcare, but if there is no company, then there is nothing, not benefits, not paychecks, not any work, nothing but the unemployment line.

  4. #24
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    You aren't solely blaming Democrats are you? Correct me if I'm wrong but Bush (a Republican) was President from 2000-2008 and we had a Republicans Congress up to 2006. I'm certainly not saying Democrats didn't contribute but to give them most of the blame is just ignorant.
    No, no,no, this has nothing to do with repubs and dems, this is about spending money that we dont have. Obama is only the latest and worst of the offenders. Do you want to be Greece? Dont you see it coming?

  5. #25
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    No, no,no, this has nothing to do with repubs and dems, this is about spending money that we dont have. Obama is only the latest and worst of the offenders. Do you want to be Greece? Dont you see it coming?
    Are you saying we all would be better off - at this stage in the game - if the government were to have drastically cut spending in line with decreased revenues? Only a handful of bankers and/or money managers would agree; while they reap massive returns from government life support.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,354

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Are you saying we all would be better off - at this stage in the game - if the government were to have drastically cut spending in line with decreased revenues? Only a handful of bankers and/or money managers would agree; while they reap massive returns from government life support.
    There is a difference between decreasing spending and INCREASING spending. Seems neither you nor Obama are willing to distinguish between the two.

    On your last talking point about the banks ( not sure what money managers received government assistance?) the big ones have largely paid back the loans with interest and profit on stock.

    This section of the forum seems to have the weakest arguments. Maybe because so many do not really understand the business world, just theory.

  7. #27
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    There is a difference between decreasing spending and INCREASING spending. Seems neither you nor Obama are willing to distinguish between
    Quite the unnecessary comment given that I have yet to display inaptness regarding fiscal policy. None the less, arguments based on faith rather than market sentiment will always fall on deaf ears.

    On your last talking point about the banks ( not sure what money managers received government assistance?) the big ones have largely paid back the loans with interest and profit on stock.
    Care to comment on net wealth creation from 2009- 2010? Financial institutions and pension/hedge funds have done quite well have they not?

    This section of the forum seems to have the weakest arguments. Maybe because so many do not really understand the business world, just theory.
    ad ohms cannot save you. Care to address my comments and not speculate on my character....
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #28
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    8,354

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Quite the unnecessary comment given that I have yet to display inaptness regarding fiscal policy. None the less, arguments based on faith rather than market sentiment will always fall on deaf ears.





    Care to comment on net wealth creation from 2009- 2010? Financial institutions and pension/hedge funds have done quite well have they not?



    ad ohms cannot save you. Care to address my comments and not speculate on my character....
    Most of the wealth creation in 2009-2010 did in fact come from the rise in the stock market. What is just wrong is to say that the only one to benefit are bankers and money managers. I am sure you know that much of value of persion funds, school endowments, 401Ks etc is in stocks, so they benefited mightily.

    I did not attack your character, sorry if you think I did. I do question your reasoning on this matter.

    BTW I have always thought that the Reagan tax cuts would adversely impact us and they have. The difference I think we have is that I think if you want something you should pay for it, not send the bill to my son.

  9. #29
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Unemployment in most so called western civilized nations will remain obstinately high until such time as they realize that sending jobs offshore hurts their economies more than anything else.

    Manufacture and sell in Country, that way Gov. gets taxes from Company's and workers, workers have Jobs, who loses? oh yes all those downtrodden workers in China/Vietnam/North Korea/Mexico!
    Have you once considered how many jobs have been created (service/tech sectors) because of the price effect generated by cheaper costs of goods?

    Resources are limited in the short run.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  10. #30
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Job growth disappoints on weak private sector hiring

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Most of the wealth creation in 2009-2010 did in fact come from the rise in the stock market. What is just wrong is to say that the only one to benefit are bankers and money managers. I am sure you know that much of value of persion funds, school endowments, 401Ks etc is in stocks, so they benefited mightily.

    I did not attack your character, sorry if you think I did. I do question your reasoning on this matter.

    BTW I have always thought that the Reagan tax cuts would adversely impact us and they have. The difference I think we have is that I think if you want something you should pay for it, not send the bill to my son.
    You were replying to my post, so what am I to think? :shrug

    My point is; markets will price debt accordingly (as in greece). Cutting spending during this stage of the recovery will only exacerbate any remaining negative market sentiment.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •