Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    while our gulf coast communities and economies inexorably expire on every tv tube, obama publishes his PRIORITIES with hi profile appearances

    and they are:

    1. go on vacation

    2. sue somebody

    3. raise taxes

    Obama promises a fight for climate-change bill passage in Senate - latimes.com

    patently pathetic

    this putz has absolutely no idea how to play president

    no wonder house leaders are throwing up their hands

    no wonder his gallup is at an all time low

    no wonder his "defenders" must resort to petty personal peeves, second guessing sources, counting words in sentences...

    progressivism grows repellent under this completely unprofessional president

    in a crisis his character is clear, his proclivities---sue some, tax all

    live it, libs, love it, it's ALL YOURS

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    You do realize that Obama and his staff can do more than one thing at once, right?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    while our gulf coast communities and economies inexorably expire on every tv tube, obama publishes his PRIORITIES with hi profile appearances

    and they are:

    1. go on vacation

    2. sue somebody

    3. raise taxes

    Obama promises a fight for climate-change bill passage in Senate - latimes.com

    patently pathetic

    this putz has absolutely no idea how to play president

    no wonder house leaders are throwing up their hands

    no wonder his gallup is at an all time low
    no wonder his "defenders" must resort to petty personal peeves, second guessing sources, counting words in sentences...

    progressivism grows repellent under this completely unprofessional president

    in a crisis his character is clear, his proclivities---sue some, tax all

    live it, libs, love it, it's ALL YOURS
    It's pretty impressive that more people approving of his job than disapproving is his all-time low. Latest Gallup reports show Obama's approval rating is at 49% compared to 45% disapproval.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    house democratic leadership, today: when it comes to politics, this white house can't "walk and chew gum at the same time"

    White House political team stumbles, bumbles - Jonathan Allen and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    house democratic leadership, today: when it comes to politics, this white house can't "walk and chew gum at the same time"

    White House political team stumbles, bumbles - Jonathan Allen and Carol E. Lee - POLITICO.com
    This thread has exactly nothing to do with the Sestek controversy. Posting random op-ed links is not debate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday


  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This thread has exactly nothing to do with the Sestek controversy. Posting random op-ed links is not debate.
    you're the one who brought up doing two things at once

    house leadership disagrees with you

    the link was not about sestak

    it was about barney fife whom the analysts at politico (msnbc's favorite source) kept comparing obama to

    sorry

  8. #18
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Well, the problem with this problem is that NOBODY knows what to do. So, it just keeps getting worse and worse. Hopefully next time, we will have enough regulation that it doesn't happen ever again.
    We HAD regulation. Bush got rid of it all, and Obama figured that was good enough for him too. While I mention Bush deregulating the oil companies, he is no longer in office, so the blame must be held against the person who now occupies that office, and with whom the buck now stops. That would be Obama. So let's not make this political. Both Bush and Obama are complicit in this disgrace, and at this time, Obama needs to be called to account for his mishandling of the affair, which consisted of allowing the oil companies to continue to do business as usual.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #19
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    We HAD regulation. Bush got rid of it all, and Obama figured that was good enough for him too. While I mention Bush deregulating the oil companies, he is no longer in office, so the blame must be held against the person who now occupies that office, and with whom the buck now stops. That would be Obama. So let's not make this political. Both Bush and Obama are complicit in this disgrace, and at this time, Obama needs to be called to account for his mishandling of the affair, which consisted of allowing the oil companies to continue to do business as usual.
    I completely agree with that. Bush created the problem but Obama let it continue.

    Doesn't change my argument though that we need good regulation (and to leave it in place)

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Oil could hit Florida Panhandle by Wednesday

    We spent the weekend on a beautiful pristine bay in Western Florida kayaking, swimming and fishing. We've received information that while the beaches may be impacted, booms have already been erected to protect the bays and marshlands, and BP has been extremely visible and helpful to local residents and businesses in the area that will be impacted by the oil spill. I think that BP may be getting a bad rap, in all fairness.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •