Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

  1. #61
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    thanks once again, mr v, for demonstrating that you don't bother to read links before spewing your vitriol, of course, that's how you roll, right?



    from the OP link:

    Driver's license laws vary widely from state to state. For example, only eight states and Washington, D.C., require a minimum entry age of 16, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Only 10 states require teenagers to hold a learner's permit for more than six months. Others have less stringent requirements, such as New Hampshire, which doesn't even have a mandatory period for holding a permit.
    Sorry, thought you were talking about your opinion, not what the OP said. Misread you.

    Why do these states not have mandatory Permit Periods? Can you prove they would lower teen accidents?
    Last edited by Renae; 06-03-10 at 05:32 PM.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  2. #62
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Actually, I don't know when the local school board election is, thanks for reminding me. I can't wait until the November elections so afterwards I can come back and quote you on how you said Republicans would destory Democrats in the elections.
    Change your lean to hard left, you are no moderate.

    Also, the GOP is going to take the House back, the Senate... we'll get to within 5 seats or so. 2012, on the coattails of the GOP taking back the WH, we'll get the Senate and more House seats (assuming they don't blow it, but I figure they won't for a FEW years)

    Harry Reid for example, unemployed come Nov. How will Nancy P handle giving up the Gavel?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #63
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Sorry, thought you were talking about you're opinion, not what the OP said. Misread you.

    Why do these states not have mandatory Permit Periods? Can you prove they would lower teen accidents?
    of course i can't prove it, but common sense tells us it would. so would other restrictions. and i have no idea why states have the rules they do, that's not the point here.

    anyway, i'm finished here.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  4. #64
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    of course i can't prove it, but common sense tells us it would. so would other restrictions. and i have no idea why states have the rules they do, that's not the point here.

    anyway, i'm finished here.
    Common Sense, yes, but if it was so obvious why aren't they doing it? That's what I am getting at. While I AGREE it probably wouldn't hurt to have Teens driving with mom and dad for a longer period before getting their licence... how would the Fed Gov't taking over the system make this happen?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Change your lean to hard left, you are no moderate.
    Really? You know my position on every issue? (Hint: Just because I think Republicans won't crush in the November elections doesn't mean I'm not a moderate). There is a difference between how I feel on issues and which party I think will win in the November 2010 elections.

  6. #66
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Harry Reid for example, unemployed come Nov. How will Nancy P handle giving up the Gavel?
    Harry Reid is ahead in the polls in Nevada as voters realize how terrible the GOP candidates are. Pelosi has no chance of losing her district and no chance of losing the House to the Republicans. Not one political science would agree with you on this one.

  7. #67
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Really? You know my position on every issue? (Hint: Just because I think Republicans won't crush in the November elections doesn't mean I'm not a moderate). There is a difference between how I feel on issues and which party I think will win in the November 2010 elections.
    Apparently some people think that if you hold a specific political philosophy, you must therefore drink the kool aid and believe that your party can never lose or do no wrong.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    Harry Reid is ahead in the polls in Nevada as voters realize how terrible the GOP candidates are. Pelosi has no chance of losing her district and no chance of losing the House to the Republicans. Not one political science would agree with you on this one.
    Right oh, Well it's Jun, you have 5 months to live in lala land till reality smacks you oh... about Wednesday morning, first week of November.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Right oh, Well it's Jun, you have 5 months to live in lala land till reality smacks you oh... about Wednesday morning, first week of November.
    So you make judgements without evidence and when evidence contridicts your judgement you claim it's wrong? That makes sense...

  10. #70
    Advisor Pitwolfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-09-13 @ 08:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    456

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Common Sense, yes, but if it was so obvious why aren't they doing it? That's what I am getting at. While I AGREE it probably wouldn't hurt to have Teens driving with mom and dad for a longer period before getting their licence... how would the Fed Gov't taking over the system make this happen?

    Thank you !!! No what the government does or doesn't do, parents have the final say...... at least in my house that's the way it works! There is no way I'm giving free reign to my 16 yr old male horomone machine! 2 Knoxville Tennessee kids got killed in Southern Georgia yesterday. 17 and 16 years old. No WAY am I turning my sons loose too early !!!
    My son: "Mom? Don't you have a butt to fix?"
    كافر

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •