Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 83

Thread: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

  1. #41
    Professor
    The_Patriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-06-12 @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,488

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    When you said my statement is invalid since I have a small sampling size. And I'm not your slave, you can use Google too. Why would you ask me to do something that you could do yourself? Because you are lazy or since you enjoy making yourself look like a fool?
    Your argument means that you bring forth your documentation and facts to support it. I only have to worry about bringing up my facts and documentation to support my argument. I am not obligated in any way to perform the work for you to support your argument. That's your part of the debate.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I'm a liberal and I oppose a federal standard for driver's licenses.
    Just wait, I hear Obama will come out in favor of this in a few weeks, then you can be for it too.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #43
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    in theory, restricting their driving until they have plenty of practice time should help. in some states, they are not allowed to have more than one other passenger in the car for a period of time afeter they get their license. again. good idea.
    And again, how would a FEDERAL standard make a difference? What if they do it wrong?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    I'm not arguing, I'm telling you, it's your choice whether you want to believe me or not. You can go research and answer questions your asking me. It's very annoying when people ask questions they can answer themselves.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And again, how would a FEDERAL standard make a difference? What if they do it wrong?
    What usually happens to people when they do something wrong that their employer doesn't want them to do? They get fired, fined, etc.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Just wait, I hear Obama will come out in favor of this in a few weeks, then you can be for it too.
    Just wait, I hear... oh wait nevermind, Republicans got their asses kicked last time in General elections against Democrats.

  7. #47
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    And again, how would a FEDERAL standard make a difference? What if they do it wrong?
    forget, v.....you couldn't prove my math wrong about the oil spill and now you think longer probationary driving periods and restrictions wouldn't do any good. talking to you is like talking to chinese drywall.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #48
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    forget, v.....you couldn't prove my math wrong about the oil spill and now you think longer probationary driving periods and restrictions wouldn't do any good. talking to you is like talking to chinese drywall.
    I never said they weren't a bad thing. I'm asking how a FEDERAL STANDARD would make things safer as opposed to the current system of state standards for DL. You want to usurp state power, you better have a damn good reason for doing so. So far, you have not presented a compelling reason the Federal Government is the right solution to this issue.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #49
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Just wait, I hear... oh wait nevermind, Republicans got their asses kicked last time in General elections against Democrats.
    Nov. 2010... watch the Dem's get slaughtered, hope you're here to watch the Tsunami.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Congress Targets Teen Driving, Mulls Federal Driver's License Standards

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Nov. 2010... watch the Dem's get slaughtered, hope you're here to watch the Tsunami.
    Oh you mean like the general elections that already happened this year? You're a joke.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •