Page 85 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #841
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    I remember watching that TV show as a kid with the guy with the egg on his head lol

    but I think its a good analogy, its different and no ones knows how its like to be diff, which is why Israel gets all the crap it does, cause its hard to be in anothers shoe, the same goes for Israel and Palestinians, but I think the government should be aware of this and actually try and have a diff mindset...Thats what I want from a politician to have a diff mindset so her can analyze it better.
    Last edited by CrazyMcCool; 06-02-10 at 09:00 AM.
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  2. #842
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You know the famous line, "Just because you're a paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you"?
    That doesn't mean they're after you neither :p

    /checkmate

  3. #843
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    no one was killed on the rioter side, that was the point
    OOOOOOOOH! That the point? Well, I should then bone up on mind reading skills, because you said "NO CASUALTIES"

    cas·u·al·ty   [kazh-oo-uhl-tee] Show IPA
    –noun, plural -ties.
    1.
    Military .
    a.
    a member of the armed forces lost to service through death, wounds, sickness, capture, or because his or her whereabouts or condition cannot be determined.
    b.
    casualties, loss in numerical strength through any cause, as death, wounds, sickness, capture, or desertion.
    2.
    one who is injured or killed in an accident: There were no casualties in the traffic accident.
    3.
    any person, group, thing, etc., that is harmed or destroyed as a result of some act or event: Their house was a casualty of the fire.
    4.
    a serious accident, esp. one involving bodily injury or death.


    Casualty | Define Casualty at Dictionary.com

    Pay attention to what I highlighted here. Your take on things is interesting to say the least bub. I guess you have the right to reinvent words eh?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #844
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,174

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    That doesn't mean they're after you neither :p

    /checkmate
    No, but claiming for paranoia doesn't cancel the suspicion.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #845
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OOOOOOOOH! That the point? Well, I should then bone up on mind reading skills, because you said "NO CASUALTIES"




    Pay attention to what I highlighted here. Your take on things is interesting to say the least bub. I guess you have the right to reinvent words eh?


    j-mac
    You're arguing semantics but that does not change my point at all: my argument was that 126 French policemen were wounded (= these were very violent riots) and that they remained calm enough so that they did not kill anyone among the rioters.

  6. #846
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    You're arguing semantics but that does not change my point at all: my argument was that 126 French policemen were wounded (= these were very violent riots) and that they remained calm enough so that they did not kill anyone among the rioters.

    Look bub, words mean things. When you start twisting them to suit your argument, then not only do you take your credibility and toss it out the window, but you cheapen the debate.

    Now, you can say semantics all you want as a deflection to your being absolutely wrong, but those of us paying attention see it clearly.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #847
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Look bub, words mean things. When you start twisting them to suit your argument, then not only do you take your credibility and toss it out the window, but you cheapen the debate.

    Now, you can say semantics all you want as a deflection to your being absolutely wrong, but those of us paying attention see it clearly.


    j-mac
    Seeing you post from South Carolina, I assume your first language is English. That is not my case, and sometimes I don't use the exact words but I can assure you that I refered to "dead people on the rioters side", as any reasonable person would assume while reading my posts.

    That being said, I still fail to see how this invalidates my argument: "126 French policemen were wounded (= these were very violent riots) and that they remained calm enough so that they did not kill anyone among the rioters.". Now when you compare with the respective casualty rate on the humanitarian ship, you can only deduct that the IDF has more than probably used a disproprtionate level of violence.

    But if you prefer debating on semantics, then I suggest you to do it in Dutch.
    Last edited by bub; 06-02-10 at 09:34 AM.

  8. #848
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Seeing you post from South Carolina, I assume your first language is English. That's not my case, sometimes I don't use the exact words but I can assure you that I refered to "dead people on the rioters side", as any reasonable person would assume while reading my posts.

    That being said, I still fail to see how this invalidates my argument: "126 French policemen were wounded (= these were very violent riots) and that they remained calm enough so that they did not kill anyone among the rioters."
    First cause they are Frnech ( just joking )
    Second they are not highly trianed commandos, police are diff they are trained to just about never take out their guns, Commandos get trained to pull their guns a lot faster for the obvios reason of not losing a solider, also this situation is diff than the french riots.
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  9. #849
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,174

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    That being said, I still fail to see how this invalidates my argument: "126 French policemen were wounded (= these were very violent riots) and that they remained calm enough so that they did not kill anyone among the rioters.". Now when you compare with the respective casualty rate on the humanitarian ship, you can only deduct that the IDF has more than probably used a disproprtionate level of violence.
    You're comparing oranges and apples.
    Those are not even remotely the same situations.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #850
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    1) This guy was not condemned the same level Israel was.
    There was no UN general assembly resolution made against him.
    You're right, because he was condemned more. Calls for sanctions have already been heared. Where are the calls for sanctions on Israel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    2) The facts seem to be against this guy, and in this case no evidence for an Israeli wrong-doing was presented so far, and the contrary is true.
    No evidence of any wrong-doing? I suggest going back a page or two and reread the posts regarding the legal opinions of the event. Stating there was no Israeli wrong doing is merely your opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    And by the way if Israel would have done what he did it would already be nuked.
    If Israel had sunk which country's warship? It would be nuked by who? I don't really care for speculation based rhetoric.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •