Page 79 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #781
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    many on your side of the debate are insisting there are close ties to al qaeda
    but none of you are able to post anything resembling evidence of that alleged connection
    if that portion of your argument is found to be made up, then why should we find the balance of your arguments in support of israeli actions credible
    Well prove me wrong because there are links about this and yet there are no links discrediting this. I am not fool nor will I go through life with blinders on. The flotilla organizers knew this would be a win win situation regardless what happened... a classic setup.

  2. #782
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by NolaMan View Post
    As I posted earlier, (post #771) apparently these "humanitarian" vessels were carrying a cache of bulletproof vests, night-vision goggles as well as gas masks. A group of 50 passengers with possible terror connections have refused to identify themselves and were not carrying passports. Many of them were however carrying envelopes packed with thousands of dollars in cash.

    Frankly, this is just SOP for groups like this. Under the guise of "humanitarianism", they attempt to sneak it things that could only really be used for warlike purposes. Either way, for them it is a victory, if the shipment gets through, they get their materials, if it gets stopped as it did (and should have been) then they get a PR victory.
    is this all you have as "proof" of an al qaeda connection
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #783
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Well prove me wrong because there are links about this and yet there are no links discrediting this. I am not fool nor will I go through life with blinders on. The flotilla organizers knew this would be a win win situation regardless what happened... a classic setup.
    so, you want me to prove a negative
    a stunningly ignorant proposition
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #784
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    02-04-15 @ 11:02 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    808

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    is this all you have as "proof" of an al qaeda connection
    I challenge you to find any post in this entire thread when I claimed the ship had any ties to "Al Quada."

    Please stop associating comments with me that I never made.

  5. #785
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so, you want me to prove a negative
    a stunningly ignorant proposition
    NO it's actually a very simple one, because like your post 782 I would get the same reply. It's clear where you stand and I believe there is no changing your mind even if we place tha actual evidence in your lap, your end game is clear. All one has to do is read you signature, amazing how North Korea didn't make the grade.

  6. #786
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    NO it's actually a very simple one, because like your post 782 I would get the same reply. It's clear where you stand and I believe there is no changing your mind even if we place tha actual evidence in your lap, your end game is clear. All one has to do is read you signature, amazing how North Korea didn't make the grade.
    so, you acknowledge you have nothing to support your bogus assertion that there are ties to al qaeda
    why do you make crap up and spew it as if it were valid?
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #787
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so, you acknowledge you have nothing to support your bogus assertion that there are ties to al qaeda
    why do you make crap up and spew it as if it were valid?
    Israeli Officials Claim Aid Flotilla Had Ties to Al Qaeda, - Search
    26000 links and counting on google and it also all over the media, then again you probably already know this but like I said you made your mind up long before this flotilla incident happened.

  8. #788
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,124

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Israeli Officials Claim Aid Flotilla Had Ties to Al Qaeda, - Search
    26000 links and counting on google and it also all over the media, then again you probably already know this but like I said you made your mind up long before this flotilla incident happened.
    post the proof
    not the rumors
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #789
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas



    Here are the "humanitarians" in action.

    I guess everybody is free to choose their heroes, eh?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #790
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,171

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    So what exactly did the Israeli commandos hope to accomplish with paintball guns? Some owies?
    To depress any physical resistance by the peaceful activists crowd if there would have been any, and allow the soldiers to make their way to the captain's room and order him to stop the ship.
    If they had no "deadly intent," why board the humanitarian ships at all? If their intent was just to "dissuade" those on a humanitarian mission by driving them into retreat with paintballs or the like, they coulda just, y'know, lobbed water balloons at them from afar.
    Do you really think you're making sense with that sentence?
    Why initiate a forceful attempt to board?
    Because the ships have refused to comply with the navy when it has transmitted a messege twice ordering the ships to stop.
    I think the bottom line here is, we're still not entirely clear on the chain of events.
    There is a 100% certainity that the soldiers didn't come there with a deadly intent.
    On all of the other ships there were zero casualties, on this specific ship we have a footage showing the "peaceful activists" waiting with cold(and perhaps 2 hot) weapons on board for the soldiers.
    We know that the soldiers were all equipped with non-lethal weapons such as paintballs and flashbangs and we know that the pistols they were equipped with were only used after a soldier was seriously wounded and all of the other soldiers were in the risk of life.
    The soldiers have shown huge restraint by not drawing their weapons through all the time that they were being lynched with knives and metal rods, and that would deserve the respect of anyone who thinks that they should have not fired.
    Still, given the long-term attempts by Israel to punish/marginalize/ discriminate against those along the Gaza strip, I'm not particularly inclined to give Israel a pass.
    In other words, due to your own opinion and hatred for Israel and your belief that it punishes Gazans everyday between two to four o'clock, if only to show them who' the boss around, you refuse to accept reality and choose to create your own.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •