Page 66 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #651
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    This account seems to corroborate what is reported in the Guardian article I posted above. If any of this is true, it's very ugly indeed. I can understand soldiers defending themselves when being attacked, but why become unnecessarily violent with people who offer no resistance at all?
    I think that account would prove to be frabricated, but for now you'd have to wait for the investigation.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #652
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Obvious strawman.
    You were speaking about proportionality in wars in general, you said so yourself and I have witnesses.
    That's what I was replying to.
    Then you do not understand what proportionality is.

  3. #653
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think that account would prove to be frabricated, but for now you'd have to wait for the investigation.
    Why should we trust the IDF more than the German MEPs who were on board?

  4. #654
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Then you do not understand what proportionality is.
    So you admit it was a strawman.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #655
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas


  6. #656
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think that account would prove to be frabricated, but for now you'd have to wait for the investigation.
    To be honest, Apocalypse, I think all accounts released so far make both sides look extremely bad. As usual.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  7. #657
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    So you admit it was a strawman.
    I don't really know what's a strawman, but your comparison was sick and I felt the need to point it out. That does not change the fact that your analogy was wrong since it did not adress the concept of proportionality

  8. #658
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Why should we trust the IDF more than the German MEPs who were on board?
    Because those radical left MEPs were on board of a ship filled with boxes of long knives and cold weapons, and on a ship with a crew that has attacked and lynched soldiers, and because so far the IDF is the only one that is backing its statements with evidence.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #659
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    Several links off the link. So far looks like mostly rumor and speculation....



    .
    Nope it is true Turkey announced that they will send another flotilla with a armed guard


    http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE64U28C._CH_.2420

    http://www.salon.com/news/israel/ind.../new_boat_gaza
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 06-01-10 at 03:44 PM.

  10. #660
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I think that account would prove to be frabricated, but for now you'd have to wait for the investigation.
    I see absolutely no reason to assume this. I listened to the elderly man talking. He was very shaken but quite clear on what happened. That was on a ship where 'no violence' took place, only beatings. The other ship where there was violence may well have started because the Israeli's set off detonations to withdraw attention from the parachutes. We will have as much interest to the words of those who come out as any Israeli inquiry and we will be wanting our people back too.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •