Page 21 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #201
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bicycleman View Post
    Israel found that the ships were carrying automatic weapons and explosives. What kind of aid did these ships plan to deliver? Doesn't sound like humanitarian aid to me. More like aid in the form of more terrorism, directed at Gaza. These commandoes were attacked with more than just knives and axes.
    I am not finding any reference to this in any of the stories I am reading. Can you source where the ships where carrying automatic weapons and explosives?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #202
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Israel has done nothing illegal there.
    So murdering 9 to 19 people in cold blood is not illegal anymore.. I see...... guess defending murders is okay as long as they are Israeli.. good to know.. You do know there was a holocaust survivor in the ship right?

    There is nothing that forbids Israeli from inspecting ships on international waters when they declare that they intend to break the blockade and supply Gaza with uninspected materials.
    So you are saying that North Korea can board any US ship it wants in international waters because it is technically at war still? You have no problems with this? How about Iran boarding US ships to seize contraband or whatever ?

    Not to mention that soldiers have every right to respond with live fire when they're being engaged with live fire, they weren't even equipped for a live-ammunition battle, their pistols were the only thing available and they were told to use it only at the risk of life.
    And the ship has no right to defend it self when being stormed by heavily armed troops? give me a freaking break.. they hypocrisy and double standard stinks. Again just think if it was a US ship being boarded by say North Koreans in international waters, what would you say then? That they had ever right to do so since the US and North Korea are technically still at war?

    One of the soldiers who was lynched by 6-8 of them has nearly lost his life before he has managed to pull out his pistol while on the ground and shoot the legs of those who were beating him with crowbars, it was insane.
    He should not have been there in the first place. There were plenty of other ways of avoiding this, especially when the ships arrived in Gaza territorial waters.. at least Israel would have some sort of legal footing.. as it stands now, they are looking like the fools they are. But have to admit the spin they are promoting (with your help) is very effective with their own allies in the US and elsewhere, that is until it is all disproved as lies yet again.
    PeteEU

  3. #203
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    I take your point TASHAH.
    ThankQ

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    Whether the remainder of the world does the same is doubtful.
    I think as more information and evidence comes about, the conclusions will be obvious and unambiguous.

    Quote Originally Posted by jujuman13 View Post
    I still say Israel has shot themselves.
    On the contrary, this "peaceful-flotilla" charade has been exposed.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  4. #204
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not finding any reference to this in any of the stories I am reading. Can you source where the ships where carrying automatic weapons and explosives?
    They were not. It is being floated by pro-Isreali sources with the help of the IDF spin machine. At best they wrestled a weapon off the Israeli hit squads. In fact there are reports that 2 people were already killed before the troops set foot on the ships. It was not long after the raid that the IDF were out spinning about sling shots and knives... yea like the passengers are not allowed to defend themselves just because the opposition are IDF troops?
    PeteEU

  5. #205
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,719

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I am not finding any reference to this in any of the stories I am reading. Can you source where the ships where carrying automatic weapons and explosives?
    Actually, it does not matter whether the ships were actually carrying weapons or not. The facts that

    1) There was a blockade, and the flotilla announced they were going to run it

    +

    2) Israel did NOT know what the shipments contained, but based on past actions, had every reason to suspect that weapons MIGHT be among the contents

    =

    Reasonable suspicion, and therefore Israel's right to board and search the ships.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-31-10 at 02:34 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #206
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,171

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So murdering 9 to 19 people in cold blood is not illegal anymore.. I see...... guess defending murders is okay as long as they are Israeli.. good to know.. You do know there was a holocaust survivor in the ship right?
    And he wasn't even wounded, what's your point?
    And of course the only one to be murdered was your credibility and I fear it is a suicide case.
    So you are saying that North Korea can board any US ship it wants in international waters because it is technically at war still? You have no problems with this? How about Iran boarding US ships to seize contraband or whatever ?
    I'm saying that according to international law if the declared direction/intent is to run a blockade the state has a green light to board the ship after going through the warning procedure which Israel obviously did.
    And the ship has no right to defend it self when being stormed by heavily armed troops? give me a freaking break.. they hypocrisy and double standard stinks. Again just think if it was a US ship being boarded by say North Koreans in international waters, what would you say then? That they had ever right to do so since the US and North Korea are technically still at war?
    The ship has no right to defend itself, people do, and the crew of that ship have attacked soldiers with live ammunition, the soldiers were equipped with paint guns and were only told to draw their pistols once it was understood that they are being ambushed and lynched.
    He should not have been there in the first place. There were plenty of other ways of avoiding this, especially when the ships arrived in Gaza territorial waters.. at least Israel would have some sort of legal footing.. as it stands now, they are looking like the fools they are. But have to admit the spin they are promoting (with your help) is very effective with their own allies in the US and elsewhere, that is until it is all disproved as lies yet again.
    And yet you support the attempt to kill him through lynching.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #207
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    I think as more information and evidence comes about, the conclusions will be obvious and unambiguous.
    You mean the usual fabricated IDF evidence or the actual eyewitness evidence by the people on board?

    On the contrary, this "peaceful-flotilla" charade has been exposed.
    It was.. till the IDF attacked the flotilla. The IDF fired the first "shot" so to say. The IDF and Israel are at fault period and no amount of spin will change that.
    PeteEU

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Dana you forgot that Israel did this back when they shot at the USS LIBERTY. They new it was an American ship, and still fired.

    The USS Liberty Cover-Up

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Whether legally justified or not, I think it's fair to say Israel has pretty much screwed the pooch, from an international Public Relations perspective.

    On my end here, people are not at all impressed with them. They're not happy.

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    11-28-17 @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,690

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    ...I can't believe that people tend to forget the Uss Liberty that was attacked by Israel also in international waters.
    The tragic friendly fire accidental attack concerning the U.S.S. Liberty is completely irrelvant to the current incident in question.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •