Page 19 of 147 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #181
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Israel has done nothing illegal there.
    There is nothing that forbids Israeli from inspecting ships on international waters when they declare that they intend to break the blockade and supply Gaza with uninspected materials.
    Not to mention that soldiers have every right to respond with live fire when they're being engaged with live fire, they weren't even equipped for a live-ammunition battle, their pistols were the only thing available and they were told to use it only at the risk of life.

    One of the soldiers who was lynched by 6-8 of them has nearly lost his life before he has managed to pull out his pistol while on the ground and shoot the legs of those who were beating him with crowbars, it was insane.
    According to the witnesses on the ship itself, Israel came out shooting the moment they landed, and that the people on the ship were just defending themselves.

    And from the video that Israel itself released there was no visible gunfire coming from the ship to the soldiers. You can't come to conclusions till we first find out who is telling the truth.
    Last edited by ScottD; 05-31-10 at 01:46 PM.
    Reality tends to have a liberal bias.

  2. #182
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Do you agree that it was in international waters?

    If the answer is yes, then Israel is the agressor since they didn't have the right to board the ships, while the ships (which would probably have broken the blockade later) had not done anything illegal before being boarded.
    Israel can and does board ships on international water and it's completely legitimate if they do not cooperate and their declared and practical direction is Gaza.
    There's no law that prevents Israel from doing so and the US does that all the time as Tashah pointed out earlier(And Donsutherland before her)
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #183
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    According to the witnesses on the ship itself, Israel came out shooting the moment they landed, and that the people on the ship were just defending themselves.

    And from the video that Israel itself released there was no visible gunfire coming from the ship to the soldiers. You can't come to conclusions till we first find out who is telling the truth.
    There are enough videos to contradict that, so I can't see where your point is.

    And the video clearly shows them throwing molotovs and lynching soldiers before anyone has opened fire.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 05-31-10 at 01:48 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #184
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    According to the witnesses on the ship itself, Israel came out shooting the moment they landed, and that the people on the ship were just defending themselves.

    And from the video that Israel itself released there was no visible gunfire coming from the ship to the soldiers. You can't come to conclusions till we first find out who is telling the truth.
    Can we trust the crew on the boat who attacked and lynched Israeli soldiers? I heard on news radio that the IDF originally were armed with paintballs. It doesn't matter if the crew had guns, the fact is that they became aggressive and attacked the Israeli soldiers first, and thus the soldiers had to retaliate.

    Edit: Apoc beat me to it
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #185
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Can we trust the crew on the boat who attacked and lynched Israeli soldiers? I heard on news radio that the IDF originally were armed with paintballs. It doesn't matter if the crew had guns, the fact is that they became aggressive and attacked the Israeli soldiers first, and thus the soldiers had to retaliate.

    Because they were attacked first, and what a shock that people would defend themselves when pirates attack their ship in international waters. They have no rights too attack a another country ship in international waters, so this would mean it was pirates killing civilians who fought back in self defense.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 05-31-10 at 02:03 PM.

  6. #186
    Educator ScottD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    06-27-11 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    977

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Can we trust the crew on the boat who attacked and lynched Israeli soldiers? I heard on news radio that the IDF originally were armed with paintballs. It doesn't matter if the crew had guns, the fact is that they became aggressive and attacked the Israeli soldiers first, and thus the soldiers had to retaliate.

    Edit: Apoc beat me to it
    We are talking about post-dramatic eye witness accounts here. There is no hard evidence on who attacked who first.
    Reality tends to have a liberal bias.

  7. #187
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,990

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Because they attacked to defend themselves
    Reports show that the crew were the ones to attack first. I highly doubt that the IDF would land a shoot up a ship simply because they felt like killing people.

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    We are talking about post-dramatic eye witness accounts here. There is no hard evidence on who attacked who first.
    There is video evidence and IDF reports that say that the crew became aggressive first and that initially the IDF were armed with non lethal ammunition.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  8. #188
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Because they attacked to defend themselves
    They've attacked to kill without being attacked.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #189
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,211

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottD View Post
    We are talking about post-dramatic eye witness accounts here. There is no hard evidence on who attacked who first.
    Do you really believe that the crew of an "aid flotila" would have managed to injure 10 ****ing commandos if they've had the intent to attack the crew?
    Do you realize that if there was such an intent the chopper would be going bzzt and after two or three minutes according to wikipedia the entire ship would drop dead?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #190
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    05-13-11 @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,075
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    No official statements from the Israeli government or Navy yet.

    Israeli media are reporting that the convoy was instructed by radio to either return to Cyprus or head for the port city of Ashdod where humanitarian supplies would be off-loaded and then transfered to Gaza.

    It seems that when neither directive was followed, Israeli helicopter-borne commandos boarded the convoy flagship. Apparently, activists then engaged them with lethal force and the commandos responded with lethal force.

    No firm report on fatalities. It is reported that seven wounded (one critical) have been flown to a hospital in Haifa, but is is unknown at this time if these casualties are commandos or activists.

    An ugly situation indeed
    I believe the salient point about this is were the Ships in International Waters at the time this incident took place.

    If in fact they were in International Waters then what this incident amounts to is an act of PIRACY.

    Obviously if the above is true then Israel have shot themselves in their ass, because no nation anywhere in the world can do other than condemn this unlawful action.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •