Page 127 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #1261
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Yes. I already asked those questions. Repeatedly. None of you care to try to answer. You are too busy looking for evidence of anti-semitism it would seem. In this thread, I have repeatedy noted that on the Turkish ship some individuals armed with clubs engaged the Israeli commandos in combat. Check. This has already been discussed ad nauseum. Film clips posted on page 80 something in this thread, appear to indicate that the Israelis saw the Turks preparing to resist. So......

    When were shots fired? Before the film begins or after?
    Who fired the shots that killed the boy at close range and why.
    Why didn't they use tasers? Why were commandos dropped from helicopters onto a ship where resistance was expected?
    There is a protocol for bording ships peaceably at sea. Are you aware of that? Was it followed?
    Assuming the boarding was hostile and protocol was NOT followed, why wasn't tear gas administered to protect the first commandos dropped into a hostile situation by helicopter?

    All I can say is either y'all lack curiousity or you are satisfied by very little information. There are just a few questions unanswered by the film.
    Let me try answering the questions.
    The shots fired probably after the filming, or the film hasn't been released.
    In the heat of battle, you really don't have time to decern who is man, woman or child, this wasn''t a law enforcement mission but, it was a military mission.
    Boarding ships peacefully will usually be agreed upon before boarding by both parties, if this isn't the case then the ship in question will be considered hostile.
    In regards to tear gas, this is up to the commander or operators on wether it should be used or not, there is no SOP in this regard because every scenerio will be different.
    All said in done, the IDF botched this operation due to the fact they did not use over whelming force with the explicite intent of using lethal force at the first hint of resistants, if this was ordered then perhaps this would have never happened.

  2. #1262
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    07-01-10 @ 02:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    157

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Yes. I already asked those questions. Repeatedly. None of you care to try to answer. You are too busy looking for evidence of anti-semitism it would seem. In this thread, I have repeatedy noted that on the Turkish ship some individuals armed with clubs engaged the Israeli commandos in combat. Check. This has already been discussed ad nauseum. Film clips posted on page 80 something in this thread, appear to indicate that the Israelis saw the Turks preparing to resist. So......

    When were shots fired? Before the film begins or after?
    Who fired the shots that killed the boy at close range and why.
    Why didn't they use tasers? Why were commandos dropped from helicopters onto a ship where resistance was expected?
    There is a protocol for bording ships peaceably at sea. Are you aware of that? Was it followed?
    Assuming the boarding was hostile and protocol was NOT followed, why wasn't tear gas administered to protect the first commandos dropped into a hostile situation by helicopter?

    All I can say is either y'all lack curiousity or you are satisfied by very little information. There are just a few questions unanswered by the film.
    Cassandra,

    The ship in question attempted to break a legitimate naval blockade. What did you expect to happen?

    And why doesn't it bother you that Israel is being attacked and isolated by bigoted religious extremists?

  3. #1263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Cassandra,

    The ship in question attempted to break a legitimate naval blockade. What did you expect to happen?

    And why doesn't it bother you that Israel is being attacked and isolated by bigoted religious extremists?
    It is a illegel blockade,. so they sould break it

  4. #1264
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    It is a illegel blockade,. so they sould break it
    Two points:

    1) You are referring to the general blockade, not the naval blockade.
    Just to make sure you understand; naval blockade means that no foreign ship would be given an entrance to the Gazan maritime zone.

    2) The general blockade's legality is at best disputed.
    In order for it to be considered illegal, it needs to be proven that Israel and Egypt enforce that blockade, which was enforced only when Hamas has taken control over the strip, in order to punish the general civilian population of the Gaza Strip.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #1265
    Professor
    Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    11-02-17 @ 02:39 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,319

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    Let me try answering the questions.
    The shots fired probably after the filming, or the film hasn't been released.
    In the heat of battle, you really don't have time to decern who is man, woman or child, this wasn''t a law enforcement mission but, it was a military mission.
    Boarding ships peacefully will usually be agreed upon before boarding by both parties, if this isn't the case then the ship in question will be considered hostile.
    In regards to tear gas, this is up to the commander or operators on wether it should be used or not, there is no SOP in this regard because every scenerio will be different.
    All said in done, the IDF botched this operation due to the fact they did not use over whelming force with the explicite intent of using lethal force at the first hint of resistants, if this was ordered then perhaps this would have never happened.
    Thankyou!.. How refreshing. A strightforward response w/o accusations of anti-semitism

  6. #1266
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    I'd have to say that, despite all of the problems that the Flotilla activists have encountered, this event is a massive success.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  7. #1267
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Two points:

    1) You are referring to the general blockade, not the naval blockade.
    Just to make sure you understand; naval blockade means that no foreign ship would be given an entrance to the Gazan maritime zone.

    2) The general blockade's legality is at best disputed.
    In order for it to be considered illegal, it needs to be proven that Israel and Egypt enforce that blockade, which was enforced only when Hamas has taken control over the strip, in order to punish the general civilian population of the Gaza Strip.
    Sounds Nazi like. I wonder where America's rage is? A man killed in the flotilla raid was a dual American / Turkey citizen. How many Americans need to die from situations like this or tear gas shooters aimed right at their face until we start to dislike Israeli government?
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 06-05-10 at 12:01 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #1268
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I'd have to say that, despite all of the problems that the Flotilla activists have encountered, this event is a massive success.
    Would suggest that because of the problems encountered the "event was as success". The focused goal of the "freedom flotilla" was to create an international incident and that is just what they accomplished. The morbid reality is, the only way it could have gone better is if more activists had been killed.....


    .

  9. #1269
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I'd have to say that, despite all of the problems that the Flotilla activists have encountered, this event is a massive success.
    You folks, just like the greatest dictators of mankind's history, are sparkled with joy whenever you manage to transfer a lie.

    It's one thing to promote an opinion that is contradicted by the truth, but doing so while knowing of what the truth really is and then boasting on your successful promotion of disinformation is simply repuslive.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #1270
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Would suggest that because of the problems encountered the "event was as success". The focused goal of the "freedom flotilla" was to create an international incident and that is just what they accomplished. The morbid reality is, the only way it could have gone better is if more activists had been killed.....
    I don't think they were trying to get anyone killed. Like any act of non-violent disobedience, the goal is to expose your enemy's violent/oppressive nature and to draw as much attention to that as possible in order to discredit their false legitimacy. Considering the amount of attention this has gotten and the international outcry to Israel's actions, this is a massive success.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •