Page 123 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #1221
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMama View Post
    I am beginning to think that the only way to shut up all of this bull is to have Canadians and/or Mexicans send thousands of rockets in the U.S. Then when the U.S. blockades, let's see your reaction.

    Oh wait, I forgot, it is perfectly ok to allow your citizens to be bombed incessantly.
    THere you go, Joe, with your knee jerk calumnies designed to stifle legitimate debate about the hypothetical Canadians in question.

    They are obviously just peace activists involved in humanitarian gestures, and how DARE you indicate their desire to kill isn't the most virtuous thing you have ever seen in your life. No American in such a scenario would be capable of holding a valid view rejecting the attempted threats against their life, because dammit, they are Americans and can't be trusted. Americans are sneaky bastards always working behind the scenes manipulating others to do their bidding, they are loyal only to themselves, and their point of view couldn't possibly be valid because they are Americans. Since everybody hates them, they must be worthy of hatred, and so it is our DUTY to support any of those who wish to kill them no matter what they do.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  2. #1222
    Professor
    Cassandra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    11-02-17 @ 02:39 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,319

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Actually, you tipped yours and you continue to tip it.

    Heck, you just called the violent thugs who lynched the first Jew onboard their ship "peace activists".

    If that is your version of peace, I'd hate to see what qualifies as war.
    Tell me do you also accuse anyone who criticizes Obama as being a "racist"? Is Richard Falk an anti-semite? Chompsky? Amy Goodman? You make those kind of slurs because it is your crutch. It is easier than actually debating and discussing. Funny, because the Israelis in this thread generally don't feel the need to use that particular deception.

    Clearly most of the people on the flotilla were unarmed and peaceful. There were individuals on the Turkish ship willing to engage the soldiers. The I.D.F. chose to employ a show of force. The I.D.F. fell for the provocation trap, hook line and sinker. They are losing the propaganda war. They killed a boy not much older than my son and if you think that image will advance Israel's interests, you are seriously self-deluded. The I.D.F were either fools or incompetent.

  3. #1223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support this theory? Or is the term jihadist coined to every anti-israeli organization?
    3 of the Crew members dreamed of martyrdom:


    Media reports in Ankara on Wednesday revealed that three out of the four Turkish citizens that were killed during the raid declared their wishes to become shahids (martyrs). Another Dutch report claimed a Dutch activist, who was arrested by the IDF is suspected of being a senior Hamas operative.

    3 flotilla fatalities 'dreamt of martyrdom' - Israel News, Ynetnews
    The IHH clearly funds and supports global jihadists:

    IHH, which plays a central role in organizing the flotilla to the Gaza Strip, is a Turkish humanitarian relief fund with a radical Islamic anti-Western orientation. Besides its legitimate philanthropic activities, it supports radical Islamic networks, including Hamas, and at least in the past, even global jihad elements.
    IHH - a Turkish humanitarian relief fund with a radical Islamic anti-Western orientation.
    It was the IHH which owned and operated this vessel along with two of the others involved in the flotilla:

    Comoros MV Mavi Marmara

    Further information: MV Mavi Marmara

    The Mavi Marmara ("Blue Marmara") is a Comoros-flagged passenger ship,[51][52] which was formerly owned and operated by Istanbul Fast Ferries Co. Inc., in the Sea of Marmara.[53] It was purchased especially for the trip to Gaza by the İHH.

    It left the Anatolian port of Antalya on 22 May 2010 to rendezvous with the flotilla heading to Gaza, along with the Gazze and Defne Y.[54] It carried 581 activists, around 400 of whom were Turkish.[55]

    Turkey Gazze

    The Gazze ("Gaza") is a Turkish-flagged cargo vessel owned and operated by the Turkish Islamic charity IHH.[56] Its cargo consisted of 2,104 tons of cement, 600 tons of construction steel, and 50 tons of tiles.[37] It also carried 13 Turkish crew members and 5 activists.[56] It left Antalya on 22 May to rendezvous with the flotilla, along with the Mavi Marmara and Defne Y.[54]

    Kiribati Defne Y

    The Kiribati-flagged Defne Y ("Laurel Y") is a cargo ship owned and operated by the Turkish Islamic charity IHH.[57] It carried a mixed cargo of goods including 150 tons of iron, 98 power units, 50 precast homes, 16 units of children's playground equipment and various items of specialist medical equipment.[57] There were 23 crew and 7 activists on board.[56] It left Antalya on 22 May to rendezvous with the flotilla, along with the Mavi Marmara and Gazze.[54]

    Gaza flotilla raid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And here's the crew of the ship chanting jihadist battle cries against the Jews:


  4. #1224
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Tell me do you also accuse anyone who criticizes Obama as being a "racist"? Is Richard Falk an anti-semite? Chompsky? Amy Goodman? You make those kind of slurs because it is your crutch. It is easier than actually debating and discussing. Funny, because the Israelis in this thread generally don't feel the need to use that particular deception.

    Clearly most of the people on the flotilla were unarmed and peaceful. There were individuals on the Turkish ship willing to engage the soldiers. The I.D.F. chose to employ a show of force. The I.D.F. fell for the provocation trap, hook line and sinker. They are losing the propaganda war. They killed a boy not much older than my son and if you think that image will advance Israel's interests, you are seriously self-deluded. The I.D.F were either fools or incompetent.
    Ofcorse not everyone was in on this...they fooled people into thinking this was actually a peace fleet...Also Israel has no intrests..which is something rare, Israel does not go invading other nations for their oil...We only have the " protecting the nation" part of the army, we dont really have intrests so far...When we occupy a nation with our actual army ( and occupy does not == being sent her cause no one in the world wanted to accept jews go figure) ( aka go read some history ^^ )

    also dont give me that " the kid was killed" Give me one war in the history of all wars where a kid was not killed, please I am waiting..
    the fact Israel has the lest civilian casualties in their wars ( during the modern era) should say something
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  5. #1225
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    Tell me do you also accuse anyone who criticizes Obama as being a "racist"? Is Richard Falk an anti-semite? Chompsky? Amy Goodman? You make those kind of slurs because it is your crutch. It is easier than actually debating and discussing. Funny, because the Israelis in this thread generally don't feel the need to use that particular deception.

    Clearly most of the people on the flotilla were unarmed and peaceful. There were individuals on the Turkish ship willing to engage the soldiers. The I.D.F. chose to employ a show of force. The I.D.F. fell for the provocation trap, hook line and sinker. They are losing the propaganda war. They killed a boy not much older than my son and if you think that image will advance Israel's interests, you are seriously self-deluded. The I.D.F were either fools or incompetent.
    I refer to antisemitism when it is being expressed, such as these claims that Jews are biased and so their views are invalid.

    As to your fantasy, there is video showing quite clearly what actually happened. The first Israeli down the ladder was attacked savagely by a large contingent prepared for exactly such an attack. It was brutal, it was repulsive, and the natural HUMAN reaction is one of complete revulsion. Those who have so overcome what should be a natural human reaction to actually SUPPORT this disgusting display -- calling them "humanitarians", "peace activists" and other disgusting inversions of reality -- do so for a reason.

    That reason is patently obvious, even if few dare mention the true source.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #1226
    Advisor JoeMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Antarctica
    Last Seen
    06-15-10 @ 03:24 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    429

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    They are losing the propaganda war. They killed a boy not much older than my son and if you think that image will advance Israel's interests, you are seriously self-deluded.
    Israel's interest is the safety of it's people. The blood of the innocent child is on the activists, don't try to kill a soldier (who has no intent to kill you; they had paintball guns) and you won't have issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    The I.D.F were either fools or incompetent.
    Oh I am sorry, if I were being beaten I'd sit there like the rest of the 'peaceful activists'.

    The activists are the fools. If they listened and or didn't decide to beat the soldiers, we wouldn't be arguing.

    Last edited by JoeMama; 06-04-10 at 11:52 AM. Reason: added the paintball parentheses
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein

  7. #1227
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    And this is still worked out to be less than what is required.
    Irrelavent.
    Point is that the UN is not referring to Gazan government(Hamas) imported goods but to the tons of humanitarian aid inserted by the UN.
    I don't think that there was such a need to begin with in Gaza for the huge amount of humanitarian aid (60,000 tons per week), but that simply means that it's not about what Gazans can afford but about how much does the UN push into the strip.
    And whether the Geneva Conventions apply or not – it’s a collective punishment of the ordinary Gazans. Hamas gets what it wants through the tunnels, Israel lets in what it decides is the bare minimum and meantime ordinary Gazans are collectively punished by Hamas and the Israeli Govt.
    On top of that, Hamas gets weapons through the tunnels – the point of the sea and border blockade does little to prevent Hamas getting weapons through and only the citizens are really affected.
    I’ve repeated this umpteen times on this thread.
    Absolutely false.
    1) What Hamas brings through the tunnels is nothing in comparison to what it'd bring into the Strip if there was no blockade on it.
    2) Hamas cannot get into and outside of Israel through the tunnels, they are connected to Egypt not to Israel, hence your point is invalid.
    I don’t recall you asking me for such before.
    Yes, my mistake, I have actually called for it earlier but has edited it out through the writing of that comment.
    If you really wanted to – the links to the UN and other food / humanitarian agencies have been posted earlier. I even remember a “save the children” link posted by Alexa to you directly.
    Save the children is not an unbiased organization and it does not provide the details that I'm looking after.
    Although we can guess that the amount is about 60,000 tons per week, since that's the UN definition of "what's needed". (X4 Israeli aid amount)
    Sorry but you yourself posted a report / link on Hamas tunnels.
    Exactly which report that I have apparently posted are you referring to, and what is your point?
    You can’t have it both ways - Hamas can get in and out easily and when it wants already – through the tunnels. The only people really blocked are the Gazan population. The blockade is simply for domestic Israeli voting consumption.
    Hamas members cannot get into Israel through the tunnels. Please strengthten your knowledge about the Gazan tunnels.
    As the pro-Govt posters have helpfully pointed out, Hamas has launched thousands of rockets into Israel, the blockade hasn’t stopped this.
    Hamas has launched way more rockets before the blockade than it did before.
    Hamas' rockets capabilities are not gone, but they were dramatically decreased.
    What they’re saying is that Gilad Shalit was not the original reason for the blockade. Seems the reason is what’s called a “moveable feast” for Israel.
    Israel is really interested in the release of its soldier that has already been kept in Hamas' hands for 4 years, without even letting the Red Cross check on him.
    Therefore Israel agrees to compromise and lift the blockade in return to the release of Gilad Shalit.
    Yes I remember that – I agreed the Afghanistan air strike but that was a different case as the fuel had been stolen and the Afghan driver killed by the insurgents.
    To agree your scenario - Israel would allow goods in and Hamas kill the distributors and then steal the goods and then while Hamas and Gazan looters were standing around with their stolen property an Israeli air strike would hit them and kill them. I’d support Israel there.
    I didn't make an analogy chaos, I gave an example of another militant organization doing the same thing Hamas does. (Stealing goods and then selling them to the population)
    It's the major source of income for Hamas and cutting it is a devestating blow to the terror financing in the Gaza Strip.
    This isn’t the case – as you yourself posted – Israel allowed the cargo in once the ships docked at Ashdod. Besides – I believe the UN would be the distributors. There are also importers who bring in what’s allowed – if Hamas killed them or targeted them the imports would stop entirely and that would solve Israel’s problem – importers would stop and the Gazan citizens would be starved to death.
    Hamas has already been stealing from the UNRWA in the past.
    I’m also afraid your dismissal of Gisha’s case is far too lightweight to convince me otherwise.
    Is there another specific point made by them that you'd like me to counter?
    There is no military advantage (as your own link on the Hamas tunnels showed)
    Again, what link?
    and the punishment is excessive when you look at the amount of aid required vs what is allowed in.
    Necessities are allowed in.
    The fact that Israel calculates the required calories proves that it takes care to prevent a humanitarian crisis in the strip.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #1228
    Student CrazyMcCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    08-27-13 @ 03:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    233

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    ^^
    'DON'T WORRY SIR, I'M FROM THE INTERNET.'

    THE TRUTH ABOUT THE UN ( Click on the UN to see! )

  9. #1229
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,194

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMcCool View Post
    ^^
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #1230
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMcCool View Post
    I just read this article Gaza flotilla: Israel accused of ‘sabotaging’ Irish aid ship Rachel Corrie - Telegraph

    And one line I really liked is this:



    I wonder if anyone has tried this hard to free tibet...Or darfur...Or Cuba..ect..

    Its just interesting thats all...the poor palastian's in gaza are just a tool for condeming a nation that has litterly done all possible actions to keep it's citizens safe and neighbors citizens safe, even at the cost of its own Soldiers ...
    I almost missed this post. it was getting lost in all the threads posted by and commented on by the peaceloving, freedom loving people here condemning the daily Palestinian mortar attacks at Israel and condemning Hamas and the terrorist organizations for continually destroying any hopes they have for peace...you know...because they 'care' so much...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •