Page 118 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1469

Thread: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

  1. #1171
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    Thank you. I will look into that. My guess is that the intention was to head towards Gaza. Some boats have been allowed in before. They did not know there's would not. It was worth a try to them. They certainly did not expect Israel to board them forcefully on the high seas, believing that to be illegal.
    So they say. From the videos it seems to be more of a bloodthirsty mob that was planning this attack all along.
    I said that because that is what one of the first 'Free Gaza' people said. The political position is to bring Gaza to the attention of the world, to work towards getting the blockade removed and proper economic and social life restarted there.

    The boats apparently came with needed supplies to build
    A great difference exist between what they tell the international press and their actual actions.
    They have refused to take on the Israeli and Egyptian offers to bring the humanitarian aid to the Strip by themselves after an inspection.
    The wole world has the need to point out when a country which we are allied to is acting against International Law and accepted Human Rights.
    And in that case the law has condemned a nation that has done nothing wrong. If anything the world has revealed its hypocrisy.
    Security issues can be dealt with along with peaceful solutions.
    And they are to be dealt with by the country with the security issues.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #1172
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    You know, I am bothered a fair bit on how Israel handled this and have some issues.

    But some on this thread want to bitch and whine about "disproportionate force"?

    People tied to the GOVERNMENT in Palestine are routinely sending missiles into civilian areas of Israel....the outrage of "the world" and specifically the EU is negligible, mostly explaining it away as if its somehow warranted.

    A "President" of a country who arguably stole an election (the likes of which should make those in the US bitching about "stolen" elections ashamed of themselves) and since then many of those leading the freedom movement seem to have "disappeared". All the while the country is known to be funneling money to various terrorist organizations and aquiring nuclear material, all being done with the most mild and tacit disapproval of "The world", specifically the EU, who the country primarily ignores.

    North Korea creates nuclear weapons, keeps a entire horde of missiles aimed at a neighboring city, and actually sinks a vessel of another country seemingly purposefully and the outrage is mild at best.

    Israel sets up a blockade and attempts to inspect a boat that is trying to breach it, and then responds with deadly force when attacked, and the "World" EXPLODES in outrage. This board explodes with outrage.

    The amount of outrage, condemnation, and standards at which Israel is given or held to is so completely and utterly out of whack with what "The world" holds ANY OTHER COUNTRY to it seems. The sinking of another countries vessel is unquestionably an act of war but we hear next to nothing about it, yet a disputed "act of war" at best is being made out to be the most grevious thing to have happened in decades.

    This is insane, and frankly this kind of absolutely idiotic and over the top response makes it difficult to actually hold Israel to blame for the mistakes they made and the things they did in error because at this point it'd be like trying to ground a child for sticking their tongue out at someone while at the same time they are being beaten with bats by a group of other kids.

  3. #1173
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You know, I am bothered a fair bit on how Israel handled this and have some issues.

    But some on this thread want to bitch and whine about "disproportionate force"?

    People tied to the GOVERNMENT in Palestine are routinely sending missiles into civilian areas of Israel....the outrage of "the world" and specifically the EU is negligible, mostly explaining it away as if its somehow warranted.

    A "President" of a country who arguably stole an election (the likes of which should make those in the US bitching about "stolen" elections ashamed of themselves) and since then many of those leading the freedom movement seem to have "disappeared". All the while the country is known to be funneling money to various terrorist organizations and aquiring nuclear material, all being done with the most mild and tacit disapproval of "The world", specifically the EU, who the country primarily ignores.

    North Korea creates nuclear weapons, keeps a entire horde of missiles aimed at a neighboring city, and actually sinks a vessel of another country seemingly purposefully and the outrage is mild at best.

    Israel sets up a blockade and attempts to inspect a boat that is trying to breach it, and then responds with deadly force when attacked, and the "World" EXPLODES in outrage. This board explodes with outrage.

    The amount of outrage, condemnation, and standards at which Israel is given or held to is so completely and utterly out of whack with what "The world" holds ANY OTHER COUNTRY to it seems. The sinking of another countries vessel is unquestionably an act of war but we hear next to nothing about it, yet a disputed "act of war" at best is being made out to be the most grevious thing to have happened in decades.

    This is insane, and frankly this kind of absolutely idiotic and over the top response makes it difficult to actually hold Israel to blame for the mistakes they made and the things they did in error because at this point it'd be like trying to ground a child for sticking their tongue out at someone while at the same time they are being beaten with bats by a group of other kids.
    Thats because like most of the Arab countires, people on this board truly couldnt give a tinkers damn (which is the equivalent of a rats ass) about Palestine or Palestinians. They arent driven by the plight of those poor people. They are driven by their Jew hatred. The sad thing is it is so freqin obvious. the LAUGHABLE part is they think they are disguising it.

  4. #1174
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Thats because like most of the Arab countires, people on this board truly couldnt give a tinkers damn (which is the equivalent of a rats ass) about Palestine or Palestinians. They arent driven by the plight of those poor people. They are driven by their Jew hatred. The sad thing is it is so freqin obvious. the LAUGHABLE part is they think they are disguising it.
    a mind reader eh, vance
    in your own world there is no way possible that some of us support a homeland for the jews, while simultaneously opposing the oppression the once oppressed are now inflicting on the Palestinians. pity you are so wrong
    as a 15 year old kid going to school in japan during the '67 war i wore an armband inscribed 5-10-5 ... in japanese that is pronounced "Go Jew Go"
    but the balance of power has turned around since then and if there is a people who should be opposed to inflicting oppression against others, it is the nation of israel
    i admire much about the jewish people and especially how they have shaped a nearly self sufficient, technological paradise out of a barren desert
    one can be opposed to actions without being opposed to a people
    israel could be so much better if its government would focus on peace instead of war ... and that is also true of the palestinian leaders, and the better lives they could offer those they claim to represent


    so, don't give up the day job vance, because this mindreading thing isn't working out for ya
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #1175
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    US-Turkish man killed in Israeli flotilla raid - Yahoo! News

    So they murdered an American citizen.. 4 shots to the head.

    Let me guess he aint a real American now...
    PeteEU

  6. #1176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    US-Turkish man killed in Israeli flotilla raid - Yahoo! News

    So they murdered an American citizen.. 4 shots to the head.

    Let me guess he aint a real American now...
    It is not the first time the IDF has killed an American and it won't be the last either.

  7. #1177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    US-Turkish man killed in Israeli flotilla raid - Yahoo! News

    So they murdered an American citizen.. 4 shots to the head.

    Let me guess he aint a real American now...
    He was on board a jihadist owned and operated ship, he should have kept better company.

  8. #1178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    It is not the first time the IDF has killed an American and it won't be the last either.
    This guy joined his jihadist sympathizer gal-pal Rachel Corrie in "the world is better off without them" category. Don't hang out with Jihadists and maybe you won't be mistaken for a jihadist except in this case I seriously doubt there was any mistake.

  9. #1179
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    -- But some on this thread want to bitch and whine about "disproportionate force"? --
    I used to think this was a "debate forum".

    I'm not going to justify why I respond to this thread however I'm fairly sure that those who have disagreed the Israeli actions don't just post on ME threads - you're a mod, I'm fairly certain you can track where we post. One thing I've noted time and time again in this thread (including the attacks and insults against "jetboogieman") is pretty poor language and terminology used against posters who have disagreed the recent actions in the Med.

    The "bitching and whining" used against many on this thread (and false accusations of being "Israel haters") is poor debate and sucks intelligence out of many exchanges.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Two soldiers were seriously wounded, and a few others have suffered from gunshot wounds.
    That they did not die is hence only fortune playing its role, and I can't see how you're planning to use it to justify the lynch.
    Neither can I actually - probably because that's a line I have not pushed / explored or tried in this thread. You know that so I'm curious to know why you said this?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    a mind reader eh, vance
    in your own world there is no way possible that some of us support a homeland for the jews, while simultaneously opposing the oppression the once oppressed are now inflicting on the Palestinians. pity you are so wrong --
    Well said.

  10. #1180
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: Israel intercepts Gaza flotilla, says Hamas

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    So they say. From the videos it seems to be more of a bloodthirsty mob that was planning this attack all along.
    A great difference exist between what they tell the international press and their actual actions.
    They have refused to take on the Israeli and Egyptian offers to bring the humanitarian aid to the Strip by themselves after an inspection.
    And in that case the law has condemned a nation that has done nothing wrong. If anything the world has revealed its hypocrisy.
    And they are to be dealt with by the country with the security issues.
    Regarding Israel storming the boat.

    The ships that were intercepted by Israel, however, were carrying aid. The law or armed conflict requires that blockading states allow aid through to the civilian population; however, the blockading state may control the channel through which aid is delivered, and that is what Israel has been doing.

    The authority to intercept vessels and control aid deliveries, however, is available only in a lawful blockade. To be lawful, a blockade must not be implemented where the damage to the civilian population is excessive in relation to the concrete and direct military advantage anticipated from the blockade, and this is where Israel’s legal position is open to question.

    The BBC has reported UN agencies as saying that insufficient aid is reaching Gaza, possibly less than one quarter of daily needs. This raises serious questions about the underlying legality of the blockade.

    The relevant rules of armed conflict prohibit intentionally starving the civilian population and require that humanitarian supplies essential to survival must be allowed to pass, albeit subject to certain controls by the blockading power.

    To maintain a population at a level just above the bare minimum needed for survival might arguably be within the strictest letter of the law, but could never seriously be thought consistent with its spirit.

    Calls for the immediate cessation of the blockade may well have a good case in law as well as in humanitarian policy.
    Gaza fleet raid raises questions over legality of Israel’s blockade - Times Online

    'Free Gaza' has made several trips. According to them the first 5 went without incident despite, according to them, receiving threats that they would even be killed. The next 3 or 4, according to them, resulted in them being severly beaten. They say that following that they were determined that this would not happen again and so spent one year organising this trip.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •