Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 43 of 43

Thread: Calif. College Offers Scholarship to Illegal Immigrants

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Calif. College Offers Scholarship to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The letter didn't use such blatant language as that. It basically said that as a part of their slots available, and their policy of a "diverse" student population that a slot would not be available to her. And you can call names all you want I know what went on.
    No Tell us.

    Did the university admit other white students with her exact same gpa and sat? What extracurriculars did they have? How was her essay? What sports did she letter in? What community service project did she do? It's competitive, and yes, universities do look to admit a diverse freshman class. A white person took her spot.

    3.8gpa, you're leaving some details out, IMO.

    If she wants to go to an all-white school, try Liberty University.

  2. #42
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Calif. College Offers Scholarship to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    No Tell us.

    Did the university admit other white students with her exact same gpa and sat? What extracurriculars did they have? How was her essay? What sports did she letter in? What community service project did she do? It's competitive, and yes, universities do look to admit a diverse freshman class. A white person took her spot.

    3.8gpa, you're leaving some details out, IMO.

    If she wants to go to an all-white school, try Liberty University.
    What a shocker Hazel goes for the race card.

    Here's some breaking news for ya Hazel. Not all illegals are non white. See Russians.

    More breaking news for Hazel.

    When the *University of Maryland System pondered offering in-state tuition to undocumented students, chancellor William E. Kirwan looked to California — among the early states to pass such a law — for a model.

    If a student were to graduate from a Maryland high school after going for three years and was an unregistered immigrant, we would grant them in-state tuition,” Kirwan tells Diverse.


    State Legislatures Cautiously Consider In-state Rates for Undocumented Students

    Illegals are not diversity. It is passing up the LAW to allow illegals to take spots away from legal citizens regardless of race color or creed so the race-baiting the far lefties put out there is just more ignorance and hate because they have no legal argument.

    So its been established this University does knowingly accept illegals to its college so he has every right to believe his daughter was refused because an illegal stole her spot.

    Facts are annoying for you Hazel I know but you really should try looking into them once in a while.
    Last edited by texmaster; 05-30-10 at 08:59 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #43
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Calif. College Offers Scholarship to Illegal Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Way to duck the question.
    I did answer your question. Even if I do not like what the money is being spent on,

    Quote Originally Posted by me answering you the first time
    Its a free country (in theory), and it is their money.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Yes you did. I quote you: If you have an issue with foreigners getting educated

    Next time do not lie about my position.
    You had to take my statement my out of context to accuse me of lying about your position.Illegals are foreigners are they not? you have an issue with them being educated, would you have been happier if I chose the word people instead of foreigners. That would work as well (in context)

    Quote Originally Posted by me in context
    If you have an issue with foreigners getting educated and "limited space in schools" this is focusing a laser on one spot in the ocean, our schools are LOADED with foreigners
    illegals are foreigners, when I refer to the laser focus this is where i was directly referring to your position the big picture is foreigners as a whole.. the laser focus is raising a stink over just the illegals -this is your position correctly represented from what I have seen here correct: foreigners fine, illegals no f'n way?

    If you want to callously and wantonly throw out accusations of me being a liar, so be it, that is your prerogative. it is way off base and playing that card for little apparent reason seems rather juvenile to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    It doesn't matter how eager an illegal is. They are still illegal. What part of that don't you understand?
    What part of "It is private money so its none of my damned business how someone chooses to spend it" do you not get?

    I may not like that specifically like it that an illegal may get scholarship money, but people chose to do things with their money and their lives all the time I do not like, it is a sacrifice that I will accept so that I in turn can do whatever the hell I want with my money. What I find more offensive is intruding because some consider how they choose to spend it is an affront.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Please show us in the law where you can be illegal in this country and the rules don't apply to you. Go ahead.
    ohh look a straw man.. do you have any other tricks?



    Now perhaps before I leave you and this thread I should clarify my position.

    I do not like that the US is getting out competed by the rest of the world due to our faltering education levels.

    What especially irks me about this is that our colleges and universities are teaching many foreigners trades and careers that will not be utilized here in the US while we as a nation are complacent and lagging. It is all to frequent to see people coming here from out of country just to avail themselves of out education system and then return home. we are outsourcing a very valuable commodity, knowledge.

    I do not blame them, they are taking advantage of the opportunity that is there, while we as a nation are squandering it. we have became lazy and complacent, and as a whole are nowhere near as driven to get educated as others that come here from outside our culture.

    However, in the case of a University, they are a private institution, and a business, and they are free to choose whom they do business with - heck otherwise every engineering department and school in the country would be hemorrhaging money due to lack of interested Americans to fill seats.

    In the case of a Community college, it is slightly different, I do have issues with perks or incentives to lure foreign students into enrolling if they are simply going to return home with their education, let them attend, but at full out of state tuition cost.

    However, if the foreigners are planning on using their education and remaining here in the US, and instead of leeching our resources to return home their intention is to become a US citizen and return the benefits of their education to our nation, I am all for it.. instead of another leak in the boat we have another bailing the boat this way.

    So when I see this:

    Quote Originally Posted by article linked in the OP
    Students eligible for the new scholarship must have a 3.0 or higher grade point average, demonstrate a financial need and must also be trying to become an American citizen.
    I do not have a problem with it, they are making legitimate efforts to do the right thing, and are trying to become a US citizen, it is not like they are washing dishes on a fake SS# here, nor are they going to take the education back to Mexico (or India, or Morocco, or Botswana).

    The scholarship is not specifically tailored for illegals, it just does not omit them - even so, the mere fact that they are trying to get educated, and are trying to become US citizens, and are making significant efforts to be a constructive component of our soceity and not a burden is significant.

    I am not keen in illegal immigrants, but I will not go into a knee jerk blind rage and take a hypocritical position merely because I see a red flag with "illegal immigrant" on it waved in front of my face.

    And to to reiterate my primary position here.. privately funded and being privately funded, they can choose to give a scholarship to the gerbil in your avatar, or the rapist you mentioned.. I do not care, it is their money, and I cannot be against it without being hypocritical to greater fundamental beliefs.
    Last edited by marduc; 05-31-10 at 06:46 AM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •