Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: 'Top kill' method 'slows BP oil leak' in Gulf of Mexico [edited]

  1. #31
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Here is the latest...sadly.


    <HOUSTON — BP engineers failed again to plug the gushing oil well on Saturday, a technician working on the project said, representing yet another setback in a series of unsuccessful procedures the company has tried a mile under the sea to stem the flow spreading into the Gulf of Mexico.>

    Effort to Plug Well Faces Another Setback - NYTimes.com
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #32
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    See how well they can be adapted?
    Could be used just as easily for his and Democrats love of illegal aliens.
    How about we stay on topic?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #33
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    They said on the news that whats coming out of the well now is mostly the mud, but I watched the live web cam and if it was heavy drilling mud it would not be rising to the surface like it is. It would be dropping back to the ocean floor and it ain't.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    Here is the latest...sadly.


    <HOUSTON BP engineers failed again to plug the gushing oil well on Saturday, a technician working on the project said, representing yet another setback in a series of unsuccessful procedures the company has tried a mile under the sea to stem the flow spreading into the Gulf of Mexico.>

    Effort to Plug Well Faces Another Setback - NYTimes.com
    Please stop trying to deliberately misrepresent the project as though BP is making a new effort every day and continually failing.

    This is one continuous, days long project. It was made known in the beginning that it would take time to pump enough heavy mud into the well and for it to set under that pressure and temperature fluctuation.

    They said at the beginning that success couldn't be measured until late Sunday at the earliest, no ****ing **** they aren't don by mid-day Saturday

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    They said on the news that whats coming out of the well now is mostly the mud, but I watched the live web cam and if it was heavy drilling mud it would not be rising to the surface like it is. It would be dropping back to the ocean floor and it ain't.
    Link to evidence of your claim or you're just spewing more alarmist bs.

  6. #36
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Please stop trying to deliberately misrepresent the project as though BP is making a new effort every day and continually failing.

    This is one continuous, days long project. It was made known in the beginning that it would take time to pump enough heavy mud into the well and for it to set under that pressure and temperature fluctuation.

    They said at the beginning that success couldn't be measured until late Sunday at the earliest, no ****ing **** they aren't don by mid-day Saturday
    How is this misrepresenting something when all he said was, "Here is the latest...sadly.?? Your view and feelings are not the only legitimate one's here Jerry. Time to go sit in the corner and take the purple "chill pill".
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    How is this misrepresenting something when all he said was, "Here is the latest...sadly.?? Your view and feelings are not the only legitimate one's here Jerry. Time to go sit in the corner and take the purple "chill pill".
    It's not news, and one's motivations show in what they choose to post.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Please stop trying to deliberately misrepresent the project as though BP is making a new effort every day and continually failing.

    This is one continuous, days long project. It was made known in the beginning that it would take time to pump enough heavy mud into the well and for it to set under that pressure and temperature fluctuation.

    They said at the beginning that success couldn't be measured until late Sunday at the earliest, no ****ing **** they aren't don by mid-day Saturday


    The key words in your post is they say, they being BP.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post


    The key words in your post is” they say”, they being BP.
    ...and the Army Core of Engeneers, and other oil companies, and the Coast Guard....

  10. #40
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: US coastguard says BP has stopped flow of oil and gas from leakin

    Bad news

    'Top kill' fails to stop flow of oil, BP says

    - BP's "top kill" attempt to stop the flow of oil from a ruptured well in the Gulf of Mexico failed, the company's chief operating officer said Saturday.

    The oil giant has tried for days to stop the the largest oil spill in U.S. history by pumping heavy, mudlike drilling fluid into a ruptured oil well, a method known as "top kill."

    The next option is to place a custom-built cap known as the "lower marine riser package" over the leak, the company's chief operating officer, Doug Suttles said. BP crews were working Saturday to ready the materials for that option should it become necessary, he said.

    "We've been prepping that all along in case we need to move to that option," he said. "People want to know which technique is going to work, and I don't know."

    And if "lower marine riser package" were to fail, he said, BP engineers would try placing a second blowout preventer on top of the first, which failed to cut of the oil flow after the April 20 explosion of the Deepwater Horizon rig. The failed blowout preventer is a 48-foot-tall, 450-ton apparatus that sits atop the well 5,000 feet underwater.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •