Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

  1. #51
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The fallacy lays in the fact that you are asking for negative proof.
    Actually, that would be you.

    This fallacy is often employed in the criticism of a new scientific theory, by arguing that the theory is false because a phenomenon it predicts has not yet been observed. More formally:

    1. P has not been observed
    2. Therefore P does not exist
    3. Therefore the theory predicting P is false


    God has not been observed. Therefore God does not exist. This is your argument. You just defined your own fallacy. Well done

    The burden of proof is on those who believe there is a God.
    There is no burden. You can either believe or not believe.

    Not those who do not admit it as a fact without any evidence. It's not about "faith". It's about "evidence". You say there is a God. I say sure, show me proof that can withstand scrutiny. You can't. So I conclude that there isn't. Welcome to the world of rational thought.
    You have no factual data God doesn't exist so your argument is also based on faith.

    Funny how you speak of rational thought and accuse me of a fallacy that fits your own belief system
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  2. #52
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Always on the attack. Oh well.
    No just countering your argument. I see you have acquiesced. A wise move.

    For what it's worth, I do believe in God.
    That is of course your choice.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #53
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually, that would be you.

    This fallacy is often employed in the criticism of a new scientific theory, by arguing that the theory is false because a phenomenon it predicts has not yet been observed. More formally:

    1. P has not been observed
    2. Therefore P does not exist
    3. Therefore the theory predicting P is false


    God has not been observed. Therefore God does not exist. This is your argument. You just defined your own fallacy. Well done

    There is no burden. You can either believe or not believe.

    Not if you state it as a fact.

    You have no factual data God doesn't exist so your argument is also based on faith.

    Funny how you speak of rational thought and accuse me of a fallacy that fits your own belief system
    The mental acrobatics in your argument are Cirque Du Soleil worthy. What you fail to understand is one key element. You should have kept reading from your copy and paste job:

    Negative Proof

    The argument becomes valid if P has not been observed in an experiment in which the theory predicts that P must occur.
    There is indeed a burden of proof when you state God is a fact ('God exists') and you refuse to provide any experiments which can validate your claim to such a fact.

    Example, I state that chickens exist. You ask for proof. I provide the proof:



    Atheism is a demand for evidence from theism. Because theists can not provide any such evidence or experiments to validate their claim to a fact - at all - atheists have no reason to take the "facts" stated by theists to be true.

    See the gist of the argument yet? I'm not stating God doesn't exist. I'm asking you to provide evidence that God exists so that I can verify your claim. If you said, God 'may' exist. I would consider it a theory.

    But lets approach this form a scientific perspective shall we? Let's say you're right and God does exist. If God exists within our universe, he clearly exists after the creation of the Universe and thus could not have created it. God cannot exist outside of our universe because it is impossible for anything to exist outside of the boundaries of space and time. Do you agree? So if God as per the rules of physics which are universal cannot exist outside the boundaries of time and space, and could not possibly live inside our universe because then he would not be the Creator, where does God exist and how much of your dogmatic claims are now true?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #54
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    This is literally debating semantics and is a waste of time.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    What these women did to the atheist teacher was wrong and not what Christ would do.
    Unless done in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen!

  6. #56
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    Unless done in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Amen!
    Actually Jesus was a pretty swell guy. Not a jerk like these teachers.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    This is literally debating semantics and is a waste of time.
    Agreed.

    The only question that should asked is how credible are the teachers' stories, did the students witness this.

    If so, then reprimand the teachers, ask them to make an apology, and move on.

    Oh, and force the two fatty's to take the Jesus fish off their cars and replace them with AC/DC bumper stickers...

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

    Oh, and force the two fatty's to take the Jesus fish off their cars and replace them with AC/DC bumper stickers...
    Or at least with the Atheist Fish:


  9. #59
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,708

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Or at least with the Atheist Fish:

    Not being a Christian I don't really understand the "Jesus Fish" thing in the first place. Did Jesus like fish?

    edit: Ahh. Wiki says it's just an ancient symbol that happens to look kindof like a fish.
    Last edited by Deuce; 05-30-10 at 06:05 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Not being a Christian I don't really understand the "Jesus Fish" thing in the first place. Did Jesus like fish?
    Yes, he ate them for every meal, especially on Fridays.
    Mackerel was a particular Messianic fave, thus the term "Holy Mackerel".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •