Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 81

Thread: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

  1. #41
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I understand you can't debate it. Its ok, you aren't the first
    You are very quick to jump to conclusions. I simply asked a question and you did not give me a proper answer. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #42
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You are very quick to jump to conclusions. I simply asked a question and you did not give me a proper answer. A simple "yes" or "no" will suffice.
    No you asked a childish attack question not a question of substance. If you want to start actually debating, try explaining your claim of "massive fallacy" and I'll be happy to tear it apart
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  3. #43
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You don't have any evidence she was "teaching" atheism either. So, aren't you also "basing conclusions off of nothing?"
    Me, I'm basing my conclusion off what the teacher said.
    You are basing it off of what one side said. The other teachers have a different story and I just told you neither side knows what really happened. How did you miss this when you quoted me saying exactly that?
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  4. #44
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Okay let's face it.... we don't know what happened.

    1. The suspended teachers claim the atheist teacher was teaching atheism to the children. We don't know exactly what was going on, whether she was simply saying "Yes I'm an atheist, that is someone who doesn't believe in any god or gods," or whether she was saying "All religion is stupid, and everyone who believes in God is an idiot, including your parents", (as some here are prone to say, lol), or something in between. We have no knowlege what she said.

    2. The atheist teacher says the suspended teachers sprayed her with "holy water". The suspended teachers deny that they sprayed her with anything. We have no knowlege of what actually happened and whether anyone was sprayed with anything.

    All we really know is there was some kind of confrontation, based on something the atheist teacher was teaching about atheism in class, and as an end result two teachers were suspended.

    Anything else we have to say on this is assumption, based on who we want to believe... so it gets a little pointless.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    A Christian teacher can discuss Christianity.
    Maybe. It depends.

    It depends on the state and the district, and existing policies. It depends on exactly what she say and how she says it. It depends on whether one student's parents (out of 1000) decide to call in the ACLU and sue over it. It depends on whether the principal of the school allows it and whether the teacher is willing to go to court over it.

    Yes, a teacher can say "Christianity is one of the larger religions in the world, divided into many different organizations and categories. All trace their primary beliefs to the teachings of an alleged Jew named Jesus of Nazareth, whom some believed to be divine and a direct representative of God sent to save mankind. Various Christian denominations include Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Episcopalian..." Etc.

    If on the other hand she starts telling the kids why SHE is a Christian, asserts that Jesus WAS God the Son and the Savior, and suchlike as that.... someone is almost bound to decide that is some kind of violation of "seperation Ch V State" and sue to stop it.

    If the atheist teacher was discussing Atheism in a detached and academic fashion such as the first paragraph above, then it might be all right. If she was attempting to sway the children in her classroom to accept atheism in any fashion, then we've left the realm of acceptible behavior by most standards.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #46
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You are basing it off of what one side said. The other teachers have a different story and I just told you neither side knows what really happened. How did you miss this when you quoted me saying exactly that?
    The other teachers denied spraying holy water, nowhere in the news clip did they mention preaching. "Talking about it" was used twice, and "having a discussion about Atheism" was said once. Do you have another news source of which I am not aware?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #47
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No you asked a childish attack question not a question of substance.
    I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post.

    If you want to start actually debating, try explaining your claim of "massive fallacy" and I'll be happy to tear it apart
    I find it hard to believe that you have no knowledge of the equivocation fallacy: Logical Fallacy: Equivocation

    You are equating "faith" based on empirical data(measurable, objective, mutually agreed upon) to "faith" based off of religious views, gut feelings, experiental facts(subjective, unverifiable, anecdotal). You use the same word but they do not apply to both sides. This is equivocation.
    Last edited by First Thought; 05-29-10 at 03:29 PM.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #48
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,023

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    No you asked a childish attack question not a question of substance. If you want to start actually debating, try explaining your claim of "massive fallacy" and I'll be happy to tear it apart
    The fallacy lays in the fact that you are asking for negative proof. The burden of proof is on those who believe there is a God. Not those who do not admit it as a fact without any evidence. It's not about "faith". It's about "evidence". You say there is a God. I say sure, show me proof that can withstand scrutiny. You can't. So I conclude that there isn't. Welcome to the world of rational thought.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 05-29-10 at 03:39 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #49
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post.
    Actually I didn't but keep on squirming


    I find it hard to believe that you have no knowledge of the equivocation fallacy: Logical Fallacy: Equivocation

    You are equating "faith" based on empirical data(measurable, objective, mutually agreed upon) to "faith" based off of religious views, gut feelings, experiental facts(subjective, unverifiable, anecdotal). You use the same word but they do not apply to both sides. This is equivocation.
    Now this is amusing. You think because you don't believe in God that is basing it on empirical data?

    What "mutually agreed upon" theories are you citing?

    What experiments have you performed proving their is no God?

    How do you know what God would look like or do if He existed?

    Its sad to watch someone try to rationalize their faith as factual data. You cannot prove God does not exist yet you believe it to be so.

    That is the very definition of faith.

    As I said before, Agnostics are the only ones without religion because they neither believe nor disbelieve.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  10. #50
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Teachers suspended for spraying non-Christian teacher w/ squirt bottle

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Actually I didn't but keep on squirming




    Now this is amusing. You think because you don't believe in God that is basing it on empirical data?

    What "mutually agreed upon" theories are you citing?

    What experiments have you performed proving their is no God?

    How do you know what God would look like or do if He existed?

    Its sad to watch someone try to rationalize their faith as factual data. You cannot prove God does not exist yet you believe it to be so.

    That is the very definition of faith.

    As I said before, Agnostics are the only ones without religion because they neither believe nor disbelieve.
    Always on the attack. Oh well.

    For what it's worth, I do believe in God.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •