Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 81

Thread: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

  1. #71
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    As long as peoples of all faiths are barred fron worshipping in this mosque, the terrorists have won.

    When anyone, aside from Islamics, are allowed to enter this mosque and worship, I'll support it. Until, then, they should choose another country to build thier mosque in.
    I'm not allowed into certain places either. Mormon's have some secret sort of thing. Other religions probably as well. Hell the Masons have a lot of **** non-Masons are allowed into. Do we kick the lot out? Less they open their place of worship in full to everyone? Or in the Mason's case, place of .... masonry?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #72
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    I like how conservatives here are dodging the issue of Bad Things Christians Did with "NO BUT THAT'S DIFFERENT." Keep at it guys!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #73
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,281
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I like how conservatives here are dodging the issue of Bad Things Christians Did with "NO BUT THAT'S DIFFERENT." Keep at it guys!
    It's because when white people do bad things, it's all right, cause it's all white.

    I wonder if conservatives know that there are actually White Muslims?

  4. #74
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Projecting thoughts or emotions onto others allows the person to consider them and how dysfunctional they are, but without feeling the attendant discomfort of knowing that these thoughts and emotions are their own. We can thus criticize the other person, distancing ourselves from our own dysfunction.
    You mean like acute narcissism? Take a look in the mirror my friend. Analyzing the poster's argument and countering it is hardly a dysfunction. Funny how you couldn't come up with one despite your sad attempts to attack the poster instead of the argument. Its common with those who can pretend to perform a diagnosis but stay away from specifics because they cannot stomach a direct debate.
    Last edited by texmaster; 05-28-10 at 06:16 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  5. #75
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    You mean like acute narcissism? Take a look in the mirror my friend. Analyzing the poster's argument and countering it is hardly a dysfunction. Funny how you couldn't come up with one despite your sad attempts to attack the poster instead of the argument. Its common with those who can pretend to perform a diagnosis but stay away from specifics because they cannot stomach a direct debate.
    I like that you think you've "countered" arguments. Your argument is that because a small group of a sect of Muslims committed an act of terrorism, we should somehow hold all Muslims responsible. Their condemnation of these acts doesn't meet your ambiguous standards, so we should violate their property and 1st amendment rights.

    However, Christians are absolved of any responsibility for things that radical Christians have done in the past.

    Am I about right?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #76
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I like that you think you've "countered" arguments. Your argument is that because a small group of a sect of Muslims committed an act of terrorism, we should somehow hold all Muslims responsible.
    Point to where I said all Muslims are responsible. Of course you can't because I never did, not that the truth matters to you.

    Their condemnation of these acts doesn't meet your ambiguous standards, so we should violate their property and 1st amendment rights.
    I simply respect the victims' families who see the location as disrespectful after the largest terrorist attack on US soil in our history. Too bad you can't see their point of view or respect their opinion.

    However, Christians are absolved of any responsibility for things that radical Christians have done in the past.
    And I said this where? Oh that's right, you're making up your opponent's arguments again. What a shocker

    Am I about right?
    lol not now or ever. When you stop fabricating arguments your opponent never used we might be able to have an actual debate.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  7. #77
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,767

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Point to where I said all Muslims are responsible. Of course you can't because I never did, not that the truth matters to you.



    I simply respect the victims' families who see the location as disrespectful after the largest terrorist attack on US soil in our history. Too bad you can't see their point of view or respect their opinion.



    And I said this where? Oh that's right, you're making up your opponent's arguments again. What a shocker



    lol not now or ever. When you stop fabricating arguments your opponent never used we might be able to have an actual debate.
    I was extrapolating because you guys do that to me all the time. You "respect the victims families" by supporting a ban on Mosques within some arbitrary distance of ground zero? How is that not punishing Muslims for the actions of a few crazy terrorists?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #78
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I was extrapolating because you guys do that to me all the time.
    You guys? Can you even point to one time I did it to you?

    You "respect the victims families" by supporting a ban on Mosques within some arbitrary distance of ground zero?
    You bet.

    How is that not punishing Muslims for the actions of a few crazy terrorists?
    Its exacerbating a situation that needs time to heal. There are plenty of places outside that immediate area where a Mosque would be fine but to put it so close to this area after the largest terrorist attack in history when the admitted motivation was Islam is equivilent to an attack on an abortion clinic that also killed thousands and having a church built 2 blocks away a few years later. Its disrepectful and far too painful for the families of the victims.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  9. #79
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Good point. How about a church near the building that was blown up in Oklahoma City?
    I said in that other thread: building a "Branch Davidian" temple across the road from the Murrah building would be in very poor taste and a bad idea.

    Just like I said that this mosque was not a good idea and was going to be a problem.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: NYers wage jihad vs. WTC mosque

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Islam is not a united religion, it has sects, divisions, disagreements, etc that every major religion, including Christianity has. The individuals building this Mosque do not belong to a radical sect, specifically they are not Wahhabists. Osama bin Laden is a follower of the Wahhabi sect of Islam and taught that version of Islam to AQ and partly through the Taliban.
    Every sect of Islam believes that sodomy and apostasy are capital offenses to be punished by death. Just which "non-radical" sect are you referring to?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •