Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 218

Thread: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Your example has nothing to do with what we are talking about. So try again.

    This man, is man, he may have an xy set of chromosomes, but he is a man.
    Fixed again.

    "This 18-wheeler truck is a 16 wheeler. It may have 18-wheels, but it is a 16 wheeler".

    Sex and gender are two completely different things.
    No they aren't.

    Gender is socially constructed
    No it's not. It's genetically constructed.

    and has nothing to do with the sex one was born with
    It has everything to to with the sex one was born with. I guess by your standard, Michael Jackson was a white man just because he bleached his skin and "wanted' to be white. Bull.

    Everyone has a right to be the gender they chose to be.
    No they don't. In Iran it's illegal for men to dress up as women. It's also impossible to choose your gender/sex - it's determined by genetics.

    So not only were you wrong about everyone having that "right", but it's also impossible to choose your gender anyway. So your were wrong on both points. Try again.

    For most people, they get lucky. Their sex, and gender match, but for some it doesn't.
    That's not true. Sex and gender always match. If a person's unhappy about their sex, then they have mental issues and need help. Feeding their mental disorder by pretending to be a chick like this dude is, is not a good choice. It'll just **** them up in the head even more.

    And they have the right to change themselves to match their true gender
    Their true (and only) gender is determined by genetics, and they have no such "right" in the vast majority of the the world.

    , and have a chance at being happy.
    Their best chance at being happy is seeing a good shrink and overcoming their mental disorder. Feeding their disorder would be like buying heroin for an addict because he thinks it'll "make him happy" instead of getting him into rehab.

    You're too ignorant on this to be worth talking to. Again, grow a pair and get your mind out of la-la land and into reality.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    If it' a disorder, allowing them to mutilate themselves is cure?
    If some weirdo wants to do that with his own cash, then ****ing let him I say. But if the govt wants to fund that bull**** with tax dollars, then no way in hell. I agree.

  3. #163
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    People get so hung up on labels. "him", "her", "male", "female"...in this case, why does it matter what any one calls them? 160 posts, most to decide what label to attach to a person none of us will probably ever meet or interact with...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    People get so hung up on labels. "him", "her", "male", "female"...in this case, why does it matter what any one calls them? 160 posts, most to decide what label to attach to a person none of us will probably ever meet or interact with...
    Point is there are some loonies who think this dude has a "right" to get fake boobs on taxpayer dollars because he's "really a chick trapped in a dude's body". That's not scientifically possible, so that alone invalidates that assertion.

  5. #165
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    For this case, with the breast augmentation I can see why they would deny her coverage. But for other trans related expenses, such as hormones, therapy , and SRS(Sexual Reassignment surgery) I think they should provide coverage. .
    If a guy wishes to look like a woman then he should pay for it himself.

    Seeing as transgenderism is a document medical disorder.

    And its her, not his/hers,

    No, it is his/he or him. Regardless of how much he mutilates his body body to look like the opposite sex he is still a he.


    that type of language is highly disrespectful

    Just because people find the truth and facts disrespectful does not make it so. If anything is disrespectful it is forcing normal sane people to play along with that idiotic nonsense and to pay for it.

    Degrading someone's own identity is hate speech. Yeah, its free speech, but I don't support any form of hate speech.
    Calling a spade a spade is not hate speech nor is it degrading.


    I'm sorry, Gender Identity Disorder, is the correct medical term
    The quacks and doctors who exploit of these poor mentally ill people are no better than the scum who con old folks and other people out of their money. They should lose their licenses and never be allowed to call themselves doctors or medical professionals.


    It has varying degree's of severity, but it most cases if left untreated it can lead to depression, and in some cases suicide.
    Facilitating a mental disorder is not treating it.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #166
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Point is there are some loonies who think this dude has a "right" to get fake boobs on taxpayer dollars because he's "really a chick trapped in a dude's body". That's not scientifically possible, so that alone invalidates that assertion.
    Funny, I managed to make that point in one sentence. Did not take me 160 some posts. And how many people are actually arguing that anyway? Mostly it is all about what pronoun to use.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    For this case, with the breast augmentation I can see why they would deny her coverage. But for other trans related expenses, such as hormones, therapy , and SRS(Sexual Reassignment surgery) I think they should provide coverage.
    No they shouldn't. He can pay for it himself. But I think a therapist would be a lot cheaper.

  8. #168
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post

    No they aren't.


    No it's not. It's genetically constructed.



    No they don't. In Iran it's illegal for men to dress up as women. It's also impossible to choose your gender/sex - it's determined by genetics.


    That's not true. Sex and gender always match. If a person's unhappy about their sex, then they have mental issues and need help. Feeding their mental disorder by pretending to be a chick like this dude is, is not a good choice. It'll just **** them up in the head even more.




    Their best chance at being happy is seeing a good shrink and overcoming their mental disorder. Feeding their disorder would be like buying heroin for an addict because he thinks it'll "make him happy" instead of getting him into rehab.

    You're too ignorant on this to be worth talking to. Again, grow a pair and get your mind out of la-la land and into reality.

    No, gender is socially constructed. If not, what makes skirts, and make-up ok for women, and not men, on a genetic level? Nothing, it's all social.

    Alright, just because it's illegal in Iran does it make it right? Seriously that is one of the worst examples I've seen on this board. Yeah, lets follow Iran, they got it right.


    No, it's not true, sex and gender don't always match. All you have to do is look at transgender people, their gender and sex obviously didn't match. Gender is in the mind not the body. Where's your evidence that gender and sex always match, oh thats right you have none. It won't screw up people, it will make them happy, and let them live the lives they want to live.

    Like I've said before, people have tried to use therapy to "get over" their GID, but it doesn't work. In most cases the only cure is to transition.

    Also I find it funny that your calling me the ignorant one. All your doing is posting stereotypes and bad information, while I'm posting info that any competent gender therapist would agree with. You're the one in lala land pretending that everything regarding gender is a simple binary, and that gender is socially constructed.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    No, gender is socially constructed. If not, what makes skirts, and make-up ok for women, and not men, on a genetic level? Nothing, it's all social.
    Clothes don't determine gender. Those are just common gender roles, but actual gender and sex are the same.

    Wearing a skirt doesn't make him a chick, it makes him a guy who likes to wear skirts. Just like watching football doesn't make a woman a "man" just because football is mainly enjoyed by men.

    Your actual gender is the same as your genetically determined sex. If you literally believe that you're the opposite sex, then you have serious mental health issues.

    Alright, just because it's illegal in Iran does it make it right? Seriously that is one of the worst examples I've seen on this board. Yeah, lets follow Iran, they got it right.
    Point is, abstract "rights" don't exist. Rights only exist if they're able to be enforced. So if you want this to be a right, that's one thing. But you little "it's a right" claim is meaningless.

    No, it's not true, sex and gender don't always match. All you have to do is look at transgender people, their gender and sex obviously didn't match.
    Obviously it did. Obviously they have mental issues and think they're something they're not.

    Gender is in the mind not the body.
    No it's not. That'd be like saying "race is in the mind", so if I think I'm black, then that mean's I'm really black and should be allowed a minority college scholarship. Prove that race isn't really just a "social construct".

    Where's your evidence that gender and sex always match, oh thats right you have none.
    Where's your evidence that it is? Oh wait you have none, and you're the one making the outstanding claim, not me.

    It won't screw up people, it will make them happy, and let them live the lives they want to live.
    No it won't. It'll screw them up and feed their delusions. If someone's so insecure that they think they can't be happy without fake tits, then they need way more help than any amount of plastic surgery could ever give them. Common sense people?

    Like I've said before, people have tried to use therapy to "get over" their GID, but it doesn't work. In most cases the only cure is to transition.
    LOL that's complete nonsense. Thanks for reminding me why you're just a waste of time. There's plenty of biological evidence to the contrary.

    Also I find it funny that your calling me the ignorant one. All your doing is posting stereotypes and bad information, while I'm posting info that any competent gender therapist would agree with.
    More bull****. It's called gender identity disorder for a reason.

    You're the one in lala land pretending that everything regarding gender is a simple binary, and that gender is socially constructed.
    It's a binary. A person can think they're whatever sex they want, but that doesn't mean jack. If a guy likes to wear dresses, that just means he's... a guy who likes to where dresses. Not that he's a girl.

    I guess that white guys who listen to rap music are really black, etc etc etc

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Transexual Loses Bid For State-Paid Breast Enlargements

    Quote Originally Posted by Toothpicvic View Post
    Point is there are some loonies who think this dude has a "right" to get fake boobs on taxpayer dollars because he's "really a chick trapped in a dude's body". That's not scientifically possible, so that alone invalidates that assertion.
    Not only is it possible, it's documented fact.

    He still shouldn't have tax payer funds but your understanding of transsexualism and GID is way off the mark.

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •