Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

  1. #1
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    By JUDY LIN (AP) – 19 hours ago

    SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Democrats in the state Senate on Monday countered Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's proposed budget cuts with a plan to raise taxes by nearly $5 billion, largely by extending temporary taxes and delaying corporate tax breaks for two years.

    During a Senate subcommittee hearing, Democrats said they want to delay the start of corporate tax credits demanded by Schwarzenegger and Republicans last year to secure enough budget votes. Their plan also would extend by two years the temporary increases in the income tax and vehicle license fee that were approved last year.

    Democrats proposed raising the tax on alcohol but would allow a temporary 1 cent increase in the state sales tax to expire at the end of the year.

    Schwarzenegger proposed no tax increases in his latest plan to close California's projected $19 billion budget deficit, relying mostly on spending cuts.
    The Associated Press: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Hopefully The Terminator will use his cybernetic veto pen to hold the Liberals feet to the fire.... they either cut back on the spending now, or pay a very heavy price down a very short road.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #2
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Actually. Let the Dems pass it. See how many stay in the State then (business or just people)
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  3. #3
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    The Associated Press: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Hopefully The Terminator will use his cybernetic veto pen to hold the Liberals feet to the fire.... they either cut back on the spending now, or pay a very heavy price down a very short road.
    California's referendum system allowed them to vote in all sorts of nice services, now they're going to have to pay for them.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #4
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Many industrious people are leaving that state. I have a friend who is a world famous archer who runs a company that makes high quality hunting and target arrows. He moved his shipping and distribution operation back to his home city in the MW to avoid lots of the idiotic taxes the Kalifornia parasite state seeks to suck from business owners.



  5. #5
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Many industrious people are leaving that state. I have a friend who is a world famous archer who runs a company that makes high quality hunting and target arrows. He moved his shipping and distribution operation back to his home city in the MW to avoid lots of the idiotic taxes the Kalifornia parasite state seeks to suck from business owners.
    If California is such a terrible environment for business why is it basically a world business capital?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #6
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If California is such a terrible environment for business why is it basically a world business capital?
    Have you been to California.

    OMG - the place is goddamn gorgeous.

    That's the only reason why I see anyone would want to live there or create a business there
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  7. #7
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Have you been to California.

    OMG - the place is goddamn gorgeous.

    That's the only reason why I see anyone would want to live there or create a business there
    I've been there, spent time on the beaches enjoying the...scenery... if that's what you mean!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #8
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I've been there, spent time on the beaches enjoying the...scenery... if that's what you mean!
    If you had a choice of any state to locate your new business in - wouldn't it be on your radar purely for the . . . scenery . . . yeah?
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  9. #9
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    If you had a choice of any state to locate your new business in - wouldn't it be on your radar purely for the . . . scenery . . . yeah?
    If "scenery" was the primary driver I'd go with Iceland. Hands down.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #10
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: Calif. Democrats propose nearly $5B in new taxes

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If California is such a terrible environment for business why is it basically a world business capital?
    History. For years it was a great state. It's declining

    Detroit was a world center of manufacturing for decades too



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •