Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 263

Thread: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

  1. #91
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Blackdog

    So you actually believe that the founding fathers wanted a Christan nation when in fact they have a law that dictates that we aren't a Christan nation.
    Do you actually read anyones post?

    A serious question. Because so far you have replied to my statements and have no clue what so ever of anything I even remotely said in almost every case.

    Please point out where I said or even implied such nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    I have read the Declaration of Independence, and the fact is I couldn't find were they wanted a Christan nation. I have also read the US continuation, and their is no law that suggest that they wanted a theocracy
    Please point out where I have said anything so stupid?

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    Funny, that I couldn't find any thing related too having this country as a theocracy. Black dog, I just suggest some reading material for you, and them, since they are advancing this idea that Separation of church, and state is a myth. The First Amendment sates that the government will not make any law "respecting an establishment of religion
    Here we go again with the "reading material" I noticed you did not bother responding the last time I put you in your place about such nonsense.

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    The free exercise clause is in there for a reason which means we aren't a Christan nation, nor did they want a theocracy.
    Please AGAIN point out where I said anything even close to this.

    I know you can't because I have said nothing even CLOSE.

    Please stop trying to put words in my mouth and actually UNDERSTAND what you read. Otherwise you end up looking pretty stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #92
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Since when is signing a treaty willingly having our sovereignty undermined?


    123456789
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    So just because ADK FORVER is going against you she is a partisan ahahahaha that is a good one Blackdog.


    Yes I have read everything in your post about that what I was replying too I just got on, and saw the reply.
    The fact is you said I need to read the declaration of Independence to get what the founding fathers wanted, and put me in my place ahahahhahahaha another good one. Blackdog you are being the partisan Christan here, since I know what the founding fathers based it on was mason teachings not Christan notions.

    Hell half of the things that are in the Constitution is based on Freemasonry Teachings.
    Other sources for your educational needs

    I can be nice, and I can be an asshat as well when people say they put me in my place which you didn't.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 05-23-10 at 12:15 AM.

  4. #94
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by RyrineaHaruno View Post
    So just because ADK FORVER is going against you she is a partisan ahahahaha that is a good one Blackdog.
    HE is partisan because I have debated HIM for over a year and HIS debate practices with fallacy and trying to twist and turn are well known by most here.

    Now why don't you go about responding to my post at the top.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 05-23-10 at 12:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #95
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    I'm not confusing anything.

    Your interpretation claiming that Jefferson wished exclusion of all religion from government is a false premise.

    Either produce the exact quote that supports you or retract the claim.

    And please stop ignoring the context. It was about the establishment of religion not the exclusion of it.
    Ever respond to anything without twisting everything you've just read? And now name calling? Weak. Very weak.


    I used Jefferson's exact quote from the Danbury letter to make my point, you used some unrelated wording to make yours. If you read over our posts again, you'll see I talked about any 'alliance' between church and state.

    I was responding to a poster who was ridiculing someone on this site, and who said that Jefferson's letter referred only to the establishment of a national religion. I showed that the Danbury response obviously goes much further than that, by posting the letter requesting advice Jefferson sent to Levi Lincoln together with the Danbury letter.

    This is all pretty straightforward. You know of the Danbury letter, and I've shown you the Lincoln letter which explains the purpose of it. There is background and context there that you can see and interpret for yourself.


    Quote Originally Posted by texmaster View Post
    Another lie.

    My God man, are you going to be that transparent? Do you have any evidence of his declaration of atheism?

    Of course you don't because its just another revision of history.

    Jefferson wrote, "I am a Christian in the only sense in which He wished anyone to be: sincerely attached to His doctrines in preference to all others. ... I am a real Christian -- that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."

    There is my direct evidence. Where is yours?
    Nobody anywhere said Jefferson made a personal declaration of atheism. What in the hell are you reading? Who is the liar here?

    What I said was there were claims made that Jefferson was an atheist. These claims were made by the Federalists.
    Do not write in this space!

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Yes I have read everything in your post about that what I was replying too I just got on, and saw the reply.
    The fact is you said I need to read the declaration of Independence to get what the founding fathers wanted, and put me in my place ahahahhahahaha another good one. Blackdog you are being the partisan Christan here, since I know what the founding fathers based it on was mason teachings not Christan notions.

    Hell half of the things that are in the Constitution is based on Freemasonry Teachings.
    Other sources for your educational needs

    I can be nice, and I can be an asshat as well when people say they put me in my place which you didn't.


    The thing is from you posting is that you said I need to read the declaration of independence to find out what the founding fathers wanted, and posted some stupid ass books about how Speartion of Church and state were lies ect. calming THAT The Danbury letter was written too tell a lie which I doubt you really know that it was lie in fact I highly doubt it was a lie.


    Edit: Too replace the conspiracy nut link with a normal link I have found.
    Last edited by RyrineaHaruno; 05-23-10 at 12:33 AM.

  7. #97
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    #1 No one has said America was founded on Christianity, not a soul.

    #2 The letter was to convince a Muslim government we did not care about the religion they followed. This so they would sign the treaty of Tripoli.


    The wording of the Constitution does not in any way back up the hog wash you have put forth.

    #3 Yes, that's it; 4 times.

    You are trying to ignore the history behind the choices and accuse people of saying things they did not say.

    Yea for silliness.
    -my emphasis-

    The Danbury letter was written for this purpose, you claim?

    For which Treaty of Tripoli was this letter written?
    Do not write in this space!

  8. #98
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Just so we get this straight...
    Do you or do you not hold the position that "original intent" - that is, the arguments and positions held by those that wrote the Constitution as to what the clauses used in the Constituton are supposed to mean - should be the guiding principle in the judicial interpreation of the Constitution?
    Yes, original intent should be the guiding principal.
    Do not write in this space!

  9. #99
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yet another reason never to move to Texas!
    How is that succession thing going? Is there anything we can do to help the process?

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Humble Texas
    Last Seen
    06-25-11 @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Texas board adopts new social studies curriculum

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    How is that succession thing going? Is there anything we can do to help the process?
    Why is it that when a person said he wanted to succeed that meant every one wanted to succeed from the union?

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •