Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 224

Thread: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

  1. #201
    Advisor Polynikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-04-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    522

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Oh for ****'s sake.

    Here's the original comment:


    261 days doesn't have to do with anything. It doesn't mean anything. Nothing at all.

    The purpose of tossing up "261 days", again a number which doesn't mean anything, is to illustrate that "36 days, 11 hours, 22 minutes, 14 seconds" also means exactly squat, zilch, zero, nada.

    There's nothing anyone here can do. That's the point.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I thought that 261 days was what he thought the projected timeline was where this spill would reach the Exxon Valdez spill level. Not sure where I got that idea..guess I should re-read the thread, but that's not going to happen.
    "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -Jefferson

  2. #202
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Spill response frustrates Dems - Jake Sherman - POLITICO.com

    surprised?

    36 days, 17 hours, 9 minutes, 43 seconds...

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont know that a hole punched in the floor of a gulf qualifies as private property...but I will say again...as long as their is raw oil dumping into the gulf you answer the question of 'ownership' AFTER you have stopped the leak and prevented the oil from reaching the shores...not 36 days...or however long it is they plan on waiting.
    Was the land leased by a government or does no one control it? If the second option, then it's my understanding that the claim belongs to whomever strikes it. And yes that well and the malfunctioning BOP are the property of BP. As for the rig....well, I'm not aware of salvage rights laws in international water.

    Unless the government has some sort of imminent domain law, if they come onto the site without permission they are trespassing.

    I'm just trying to illustrate some of the other ways government intervention here is completely inappropriate. Most important of which, however, is that the government is not the best entity to run the site.
    Last edited by Jerry; 05-25-10 at 08:32 PM.

  4. #204
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Like the man said in that famous movie..."yer an idiot..."

    The PROOF is that we STILL have oil gushing from a hole in the ground. The proof is the oill has now reached the shores. The PROOF is that the administration has daily attended press conferences denying its their fault and its not their job to clean it up. IF something was DONE that wouldnt be occuring...

    Ah...but you like playing stupid word games. And the really sad thing is...you think you are winning arguments. Well...far be it from me to dash your fantasies.
    blah::: blah::: blah::: You opened your mouth and accused Obama of doing nothing for 40 days and you couldn't prove your point. All you can do is say, "Oh yeahhh... Oh yeahhhh." Gimme a break.

    Word games? Yeah, words like: proof, evidence, fact, lie, rhetoric, partisan, lie. Wait, did I already say that?

    Speaking of "an idiot", I proved you 100% lied and yet you continue to spew your partisan bile. You don't even know when you've been exposed as a partisan hack. What's that word describing you doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results? Oh yeah, insanity. Sound familiar?

    If I didn't win this one then be my guest and show me up. C'mon, it shouldn't be too hard, right? Another clue showing just how wrong you are... none of your right wing pals here are coming to your defense with any evidence to support your lies. And we all know, if they could debunk me... they would jump at the chance. See ya!
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  5. #205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    he's in sf RAISING MONEY for embattled, bitchy barbara boxer!

    President Obama Returns To California To Raise Money For Senator Boxer - cbs2.com

    ms jackson, meanwhile, epa chief and former chief of staff to ex gov corzine in reliably dark blue jersey (until last november, that is), cancelled her dccc cash-in after politico put up a piece this morning

    EPA chief cancels DSCC appearance - Maggie Haberman and Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

    unbelievable

    36 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes, 14 seconds...

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Isn't the site in international water?
    Then what right does Obama have regulating it and inspecting it? Can't have it both ways.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no, my excellent friend

    when the SECTY DEFENSE says the white house has NO policy concerning perhaps the most dangerous regime on earth...

    when you with your own ears hear the president's campaign to MEET WITH THE LEADERS OF IRAN, which you always knew was impossibly preposterous...

    he had NO PLAN B

    IF OBAMA WERE ACTUALLY DOING ANYTHING OF SUBSTANCE IN THE GULF, HE'D TRUMPET IT

    hello

    don't talk to me about it (i'm beginning to bore MYSELF)

    ask A-B-C, C-B-S and N-B-C

    ask POLITICO

    ask little chrissy matthews, serpenthead, difi, nick rahall...

    the POLITICS OF SPILL is growing faster than the goo in the gulf

    it's just the way it is

    if this leak is not stopped really, really soon, it's gonna kill this president

    sorry

    more important, it's gonna kill the gulf

    and our economy cannot stand another hit of this magnitude
    I thought the most dangerous regime was Obama's!!!

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Then what right does Obama have regulating it and inspecting it? Can't have it both ways.
    See that's what I'm asking....does US authority here originate in some treaty or what?

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    blah::: blah::: blah::: You opened your mouth and accused Obama of doing nothing for 40 days and you couldn't prove your point. All you can do is say, "Oh yeahhh... Oh yeahhhh." Gimme a break.

    Word games? Yeah, words like: proof, evidence, fact, lie, rhetoric, partisan, lie. Wait, did I already say that?

    Speaking of "an idiot", I proved you 100% lied and yet you continue to spew your partisan bile. You don't even know when you've been exposed as a partisan hack. What's that word describing you doing the same thing over and over and over and expecting different results? Oh yeah, insanity. Sound familiar?

    If I didn't win this one then be my guest and show me up. C'mon, it shouldn't be too hard, right? Another clue showing just how wrong you are... none of your right wing pals here are coming to your defense with any evidence to support your lies. And we all know, if they could debunk me... they would jump at the chance. See ya!
    We have the Basement for posts like that. Perhaps you should take it there.

  10. #210
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    See that's what I'm asking....does US authority here originate in some treaty or what?
    I believe that the whole of the Gulf is under jurisdiction of somebody. The Deepwater Horizon looks well within the US's waters



    Source

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •