Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 224

Thread: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

  1. #91
    Advisor Polynikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-04-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    522

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet Obama and the government are doing nothing to help BP stop the leak

    Well, he's doing something, but it certainly isn't enough.

    The Press Secretary just said Friday the government is 'overseeing the response.' Granted the EPA wasn't nearly prepared for a disaster like this, the government should be giving assistance to BP in any ways necessary and avoid BP's stiff-arming to save face.

    Gibbs saying that 'It is BP's mess and they are responsible for capping it." can be equated to if there was a privately run nuclear power plant and the reactor had a meltdown. If the company didn't have the capabilities to secure the area and stop the meltdown, would the government sit back and say it's their responsibility? I hope not.

    The governments #1 job is to protect the people of this nation from any threat, not to sit back and hope BP does it.
    "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -Jefferson

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Well, he's doing something, but it certainly isn't enough.

    The Press Secretary just said Friday the government is 'overseeing the response.' Granted the EPA wasn't nearly prepared for a disaster like this, the government should be giving assistance to BP in any ways necessary and avoid BP's stiff-arming to save face.

    Gibbs saying that 'It is BP's mess and they are responsible for capping it." can be equated to if there was a privately run nuclear power plant and the reactor had a meltdown. If the company didn't have the capabilities to secure the area and stop the meltdown, would the government sit back and say it's their responsibility? I hope not.

    The governments #1 job is to protect the people of this nation from any threat, not to sit back and hope BP does it.
    Where are the government engineers and scientist to help with a solution to stop the leak?

    Only BP has expertise to stop spill, top U.S. response official says - Yahoo! News

    The U.S. official leading the response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill said Sunday that only BP had the expertise to plug the gaping hole in its deepwater well and that he trusted the oil company was doing its best.

    The comments by Adm. Thad Allen , the commandant of the Coast Guard , signaled that the U.S. government wouldn't take a larger role in stopping the five-week-old spill even as frustration in the Gulf coast grows over the Obama administration's policy of letting BP run the cleanup.


    If this is so how can they keep complaining? How can they regulate or inspect rigs if they have no knowledge. Does this mean the government is at fault because they have no knowledge of rigs and so do not know what to inspect?

    Obama can not have it both ways. Sounds more like a copout to me
    Last edited by ptif219; 05-24-10 at 12:25 PM.

  3. #93
    Advisor Polynikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-04-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    522

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Where are the government engineers and scientist to help with a solution to stop the leak?

    Only BP has expertise to stop spill, top U.S. response official says - Yahoo! News

    The U.S. official leading the response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill said Sunday that only BP had the expertise to plug the gaping hole in its deepwater well and that he trusted the oil company was doing its best.

    The comments by Adm. Thad Allen , the commandant of the Coast Guard , signaled that the U.S. government wouldn't take a larger role in stopping the five-week-old spill even as frustration in the Gulf coast grows over the Obama administration's policy of letting BP run the cleanup.


    If this is so how can they keep complaining? How can they regulate or inspect rigs if they have no knowledge. Does this mean the government is at fault because they have no knowledge of rigs and so do not know what to inspect?

    Obama can not have it both ways. Sounds more like a copout to me

    Are you asking me those questions? Or just asking in general? I'm not sure because you are just reiterating the same points I made. It seems we have a problem with the same issues.
    "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -Jefferson

  4. #94
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Where are the government engineers and scientist to help with a solution to stop the leak?
    They're there. What? You want them to take time out from what they're doing to personally notify you about their activities?

    Only BP has expertise to stop spill, top U.S. response official says - Yahoo! News

    The U.S. official leading the response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill said Sunday that only BP had the expertise to plug the gaping hole in its deepwater well and that he trusted the oil company was doing its best.

    The comments by Adm. Thad Allen , the commandant of the Coast Guard , signaled that the U.S. government wouldn't take a larger role in stopping the five-week-old spill even as frustration in the Gulf coast grows over the Obama administration's policy of letting BP run the cleanup.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    If this is so how can they keep complaining?
    Who, exactly, is complaining? Besides you, I mean.

    It appears that you feel the government should have hundreds of oil drilling experts on hand at all times, ready to jump. I dare say, if there were no oil spill, you'd be whinging about the government employing useless oil rig scientists when it should be focusing on running the country during this period of intense global economic and cultural conflict.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    How can they regulate or inspect rigs if they have no knowledge. Does this mean the government is at fault because they have no knowledge of rigs and so do not know what to inspect?
    Your questions are patently absurd. Do you know how dumb you sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Obama can not have it both ways. Sounds more like a copout to me
    Sounds more like you bashing a president you don't like, for any reason you can dream up, to me.

  5. #95
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Your questions are patently absurd. Do you know how dumb you sound?
    Your answers are kool-aid approved. Do you know how like a Obamabot partisan hack you sound?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Sounds more like you bashing a president you don't like, for any reason you can dream up, to me.
    Yeah asking for leadership on a disaster like this from the President is wayyyy over the top. You're right.


    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

  7. #97
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Twenty years is not acceptable, especially when it looks like this could have been prevented, had BP followed proper procedures.


    BP, and the Government, who leased them the rights to drill there, who also were supposed to have a plan in place to mitigate such a disaster, who also inspected and certified this rig as "Safe"....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #98
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Your answers are kool-aid approved. Do you know how like a Obamabot partisan hack you sound?

    Yeah asking for leadership on a disaster like this from the President is wayyyy over the top. You're right.
    The guy in charge of the Coast Guard's effort's was on tv this morning. He said he was called an hour and a half after the accident occurred. He's been on this ever since. Obama has been on this since day 1 also!

    How's THAT for leadership?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  9. #99
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    BP, and the Government, who leased them the rights to drill there, who also were supposed to have a plan in place to mitigate such a disaster, who also inspected and certified this rig as "Safe"....
    Another BP lover. It's already been shown that MMS was in bed, literally!, with BP. THAT relationship is being dissolved and MMS is being restructured to kick out the Cheeney droids.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  10. #100
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: Oil Creeps Deeper Into Delicate Marshes

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Another BP lover. It's already been shown that MMS was in bed, literally!, with BP. THAT relationship is being dissolved and MMS is being restructured to kick out the Cheeney droids.



    Please, you are embarrassing yourself. Blaming all parties involved is not a "BP lover". Stop it, its foolish of you to engage me with these silly antics of yours.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •