Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 97

Thread: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

  1. #81
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    Good for them. I don't see how cutting off power to LA will help this. They could instead take the issue to the courts, or maybe suggest to California to stop its boycott rather than threatening its own.
    See post 77.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  2. #82
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    See post 77.
    Well, then hopefully you are right and california decides it will give in. If not I think it could only get worse, whereas if arizona used a legal ally or diplomacy they would not be shooting themselves in the foot.

  3. #83
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    Well, then hopefully you are right and california decides it will give in. If not I think it could only get worse, whereas if arizona used a legal ally or diplomacy they would not be shooting themselves in the foot.
    How are they shooting themselves in the foot? It's not like electricity is hard to sell..... for more than LA is paying for it BTW.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  4. #84
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by drz-400 View Post
    LA is wrong to boycott arizona, but in doing so they are only hurting themselves by cutting off trade between them and arizona. If I was arizona, with a already contriverial issue, I would try and pour water on the fire instead of fighting it with gasoline.
    In this case would mean?

    Letting the illegals continue to destroy the state lest LA be offended? Why should LA factor into AZ state at all? LA's full of themselves thinking that they should be AZ's main priority right now.
    AZ's main priority is to try to end the near-war that's happening - to stop the kidnappings, murders and torture.

    I don't think that's reasonable at all - AZ has a serious problems and they're *trying* to fix it. It would be better if the US government did something, but they're doing nothing - so AZ is left to fend for itself.

    They've had to create the Home Invasion Task Force JUST to deal with all the kidnappings and standoffs that happen routinely.
    Phoenix is now the kidnapping capital of the US - all because of illegals and drug cartels. Averaging more than 360 kidnapping cases a year - on top of everything else.

    Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - ABC News
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    By threatening to cut off power to LA Arizona hopes to stop the economic war that LA started..... I support them whole heartedly. I think it would serve LA right to have their power cut off for 3 hrs during the summer so they can see what it is like without air conditioning. Then if that doesn't bring them to their senses, cut it off over night.... LA would be burning for a week.

    Would you say that LA has any right to get involved in Arizona’s business?

    The only way I ever found to stop a temper tantrum in my children was to make the tantrum "uncomfortable" for them to pursue.... that is what Arizona is doing. Hopefully the citizens of LA are a bit more mature than their city council.
    You do understand that L.A. is talking about concluding it's business with Arizona and not continuing to do business by renewing contracts.

    In what movie fantasy world can a power company that has already sold electricity not provide what they are legally obligated to or "cut it off overnight..."

    "Doggone it -- if you're going to boycott this candy store ... then don't come in for any of it,"
    First of all "Doggone it"... Seriously, Gomer Pyle.

    #2 there's another candy store across the street.

  6. #86
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    In this case would mean?

    Letting the illegals continue to destroy the state lest LA be offended? Why should LA factor into AZ state at all? LA's full of themselves thinking that they should be AZ's main priority right now.
    AZ's main priority is to try to end the near-war that's happening - to stop the kidnappings, murders and torture.

    I don't think that's reasonable at all - AZ has a serious problems and they're *trying* to fix it. It would be better if the US government did something, but they're doing nothing - so AZ is left to fend for itself.

    They've had to create the Home Invasion Task Force JUST to deal with all the kidnappings and standoffs that happen routinely.
    Phoenix is now the kidnapping capital of the US - all because of illegals and drug cartels. Averaging more than 360 kidnapping cases a year - on top of everything else.

    Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - ABC News
    Just one point here..... the Fed is doing something about Illegal Aliens in Arizona. Barry was bashing them right along side of the President of Mexico and the Dems gave Mexico's President a standing ovation while he was bashing Arizona during a speech before a joint session of Congress. So don't say your Government isn't doing anything about Illegal Aliens.... especially in Arizona.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

  7. #87
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    In this case would mean?

    Letting the illegals continue to destroy the state lest LA be offended? Why should LA factor into AZ state at all? LA's full of themselves thinking that they should be AZ's main priority right now.
    AZ's main priority is to try to end the near-war that's happening - to stop the kidnappings, murders and torture.

    I don't think that's reasonable at all - AZ has a serious problems and they're *trying* to fix it. It would be better if the US government did something, but they're doing nothing - so AZ is left to fend for itself.

    They've had to create the Home Invasion Task Force JUST to deal with all the kidnappings and standoffs that happen routinely.
    Phoenix is now the kidnapping capital of the US - all because of illegals and drug cartels. Averaging more than 360 kidnapping cases a year - on top of everything else.

    Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - ABC News
    It would mean like not threatening to cut of LA's power. They can still support their law by not retaliating. Perhaps by keeping their cool they would make california look dumb and actually gain more support instead of further dividing the issue.

  8. #88
    Professor

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Last Seen
    09-02-17 @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,357

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    How are they shooting themselves in the foot? It's not like electricity is hard to sell..... for more than LA is paying for it BTW.
    Really? I am not sure I agree. Do those transmition lines go to somewhere other than LA? It would seem sort of dumb to put them to waste.

  9. #89
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunch View Post
    Just one point here..... the Fed is doing something about Illegal Aliens in Arizona. Barry was bashing them right along side of the President of Mexico and the Dems gave Mexico's President a standing ovation while he was bashing Arizona during a speech before a joint session of Congress. So don't say your Government isn't doing anything about Illegal Aliens.... especially in Arizona.
    So . . .

    If our Federal government is trying to do something about the illegal immigration issue, what are they doing?

    I see no action that's worthy of noting - tossing a few more guys at the border for patrol doesn't mean anything and neither do a few speeches or a round of applause here and there.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  10. #90
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Arizona Official Threatens to Cut Off Los Angeles Power as Payback for Boycott

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    So . . .

    If our Federal government is trying to do something about the illegal immigration issue, what are they doing?

    I see no action that's worthy of noting - tossing a few more guys at the border for patrol doesn't mean anything and neither do a few speeches or a round of applause here and there.
    I didn't say they were doing any thing of note, unless you count trying to undermine Arizona's effort to curb the invasion from the South.... and that was what I was trying to point out.
    There is no such thing as a “Natural Born Dual-Citizen“.

    Originally Posted by PogueMoran
    I didnt have to read the article to tell you that you cant read.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •