Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 330

Thread: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

  1. #51
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,715

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I consider that a good thing about the Democrats. Republicans as they are now aren't needed. We can have a full scale discussion and all sides are represented. We have the pro gun people, the prolifers, the fiscally conservative, the liberal etc.

    During the healthcare debate there was a full on debate amongst democrats without any republican help. We debated abortion, the public option, single payer, being fiscally conservative (which is why Obama wanted a budget neutral plan, cause many dem's are fiscally conservative and wouldn't vote for something that inflates the budget), etc.

    Meanwhile the Republicans had to resort to making up crap like killing granny and death panels. That was the extent of their debate.

    Problem is with liberals results don't matter for it is all about the rhetoric but only rhetoric that supports the leftwing point of view. This is a Center Right country, not a far left country that Disneydude and others want to make it. The American people are overwhelmingly against bailouts, national healthcare, massive govt. expansion yet that doesn't deter arrogant liberals from pushing on.

    Reality is liberalism fails wherever it is tried yet liberal arrogance here believes they can do it better. The poster child for green energy and jobs is Spain with its rising unemployment and massive debt, 2 1/2 jobs lost for every green job created. The liberal argument is they just didn't implement it properly.

    Liberals will continue to take us over a cliff

  2. #52
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    36,814

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, so that wasn't this cycle? what was Obama doing in sending operatives to Pa to promote Specter? You simply are too brainwashed to understand reality.
    About brainwashing - It's a two way street. Yup, I can see it in the Democrats, and I see it in the Republicans too. If the other guy wins, make an excuse. If your guy wins, then say it's proof that the other party is going into the toilet. Meanwhile, there are issues that need to be seriously addressed, but are they? Of course not. Both parties are content to spew their own BS, and keep their crappy rhetoric alive, issues be damned.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #53
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,715

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    About brainwashing - It's a two way street. Yup, I can see it in the Democrats, and I see it in the Republicans too. If the other guy wins, make an excuse. If your guy wins, then say it's proof that the other party is going into the toilet. Meanwhile, there are issues that need to be seriously addressed, but are they? Of course not. Both parties are content to spew their own BS, and keep their crappy rhetoric alive, issues be damned.
    Would be more than happy to discuss actual issues with anyone but cannot seem to get an Obama supporter to actually do that. It is all about ideology and symbolism over substance with Obama

  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    #prouddeplorable
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    69,997

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    Candidates seeking Murtha seat shun President Obama?s policies - TheHill.com

    Critz ad: 'I opposed the health care bill' - Josh Kraushaar - POLITICO.com

    NOT a win for obama

    critz specifically ran against the addled administration, proudly opposing health care and cap and trade

    he's pro life and pro gun

    critz went out of his way, in fact, to credit admiral mullen for moving dadt (which isn't moving, by the way) and NOT the put out president

    he purposely did NOT invite the president in

    it is what it is

    congrats, i guess
    TNDG: Brown was against the healthcare law too, and he can't vote Democrat fast enough these days.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country spoke, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #55
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    36,814

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Would be more than happy to discuss actual issues with anyone but cannot seem to get an Obama supporter to actually do that. It is all about ideology and symbolism over substance with Obama
    It's the same with the other side too, or have you missed all the talking points about Obama being a Kenyan who stole the presidency?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #56
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,715

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It's the same with the other side too, or have you missed all the talking points about Obama being a Kenyan who stole the presidency?
    There is enough to oppose Obama on without the eligibility issue. Obama's policies are the issue here. I don't know if he is eligible or not but he sure is spending a lot of money avoiding answering the questions.

    My concern is his big govt, anti capitalism policies and his apologizing for the greatness of America. He has created more debt in 2 years than Reagan did in 8, has over 15 million unemployed Americans, 1.2 million discouraged workers, has taken over GM/Chrysler and the biggest issue on his plate is healthcare and cap and tax?

    People have been brainwashed by this radical and that is what is scary. Attempts to divert to other issues is just that, a diversion from the harm he is doing to this country.

  7. #57
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    36,814

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There is enough to oppose Obama on without the eligibility issue. Obama's policies are the issue here. I don't know if he is eligible or not but he sure is spending a lot of money avoiding answering the questions.

    My concern is his big govt, anti capitalism policies and his apologizing for the greatness of America. He has created more debt in 2 years than Reagan did in 8, has over 15 million unemployed Americans, 1.2 million discouraged workers, has taken over GM/Chrysler and the biggest issue on his plate is healthcare and cap and tax?

    People have been brainwashed by this radical and that is what is scary. Attempts to divert to other issues is just that, a diversion from the harm he is doing to this country.
    Yes, oppose Obama's spending policies. That is good, but where the hell were Republicans when Bush was doing the same thing? Calling those who criticized his spending anti-Americans. That's what.

    Hypocrisy cuts both ways too.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #58
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    TNDG: Brown was against the healthcare law too, and he can't vote Democrat fast enough these days.
    no, obama's entire legislative agenda is out of reach, reg reform, the kerry/graham climate compromise, immigration (for which there is famously "no appetite")...

  9. #59
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    59,715

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Yes, oppose Obama's spending policies. That is good, but where the hell were Republicans when Bush was doing the same thing? Calling those who criticized his spending anti-Americans. That's what.

    Hypocrisy cuts both ways too.
    A lot of Republicans opposed the Bush spending but not many who opposed it actually viewed what it was being spent on. The worst Bush deficit was 460 billion dollars and most of the debt accumulated by Bush was generated by 9/11, the cost of Hurricanes, and all that spending was supported by a Democrat Controlled Congress in 2001-02 and 2007-08.

    Too many people never let actual facts get in the way of their own personal opinion. BEA.gov will show actual spending and will show that govt. revenue increased during the Bush years up to 2008. Since Obama has taken office unemployment has grown with over 15 million unemployed and govt. revenue has dropped every month.

    Asked today and if honesty was a true policy most Obama supporters would have buyers remorse.

    We do not elect a king and we get three equal branches of govt. Trouble is today we have two of those branches controlled by the leftwing whackos whose vision is that European socialist model, a model that is going up in flames.

  10. #60
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    36,814

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    A lot of Republicans opposed the Bush spending but not many who opposed it actually viewed what it was being spent on. The worst Bush deficit was 460 billion dollars and most of the debt accumulated by Bush was generated by 9/11, the cost of Hurricanes, and all that spending was supported by a Democrat Controlled Congress in 2001-02 and 2007-08.

    Too many people never let actual facts get in the way of their own personal opinion. BEA.gov will show actual spending and will show that govt. revenue increased during the Bush years up to 2008. Since Obama has taken office unemployment has grown with over 15 million unemployed and govt. revenue has dropped every month.

    Asked today and if honesty was a true policy most Obama supporters would have buyers remorse.

    We do not elect a king and we get three equal branches of govt. Trouble is today we have two of those branches controlled by the leftwing whackos whose vision is that European socialist model, a model that is going up in flames.
    That kind of reminds me of the argument "We only torture a little".
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •