Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 330

Thread: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

  1. #311
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,836

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    They are, it is constitutional so there isn't a problem.

    Well, that is to date, your opinion. I just think it's sad that a President that won office railing against what he thought the previous administration was doing in an authoritarian manner is now perfectly fine because it is Barry doing it... That's just Bull! and dishonest.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, that is to date, your opinion.
    Actually, to date, it is not my opinion it is fact until proven otherwise.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I just think it's sad that a President that won office railing against what he thought the previous administration was doing in an authoritarian manner is now perfectly fine because it is Barry doing it... That's just Bull! and dishonest.
    Now that is your OPINION. I do not see it as authoritarian, but then that is my opinion as well.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,397

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'm not forced at all to buy insurance. I just love it when the rabid right cries unconstitutional when it is constitutional.

    But feel free to continue to shout at the rooftop it is unconstitutional, it is quite amusing to say the least.
    So it is unconstitutional because you SAY it is? interesting.

    No one forced you to buy insurance? Hmmm, why? If no one forced you why should anyone else be forced to buy insurance?

    I happen to believe it is Unconstitutional and we will find out just how far the Supreme Court will take the Commerce clause. What is next for you that you want to force on the American people?

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So it is unconstitutional because you SAY it is? interesting.
    I feel honored that you think of me as THE person to decide if it is constitutional, but I'm not. There are many legal experts that have already looked into it and have shown it to be constitutional. I am simply just agreeing with them and their decision.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is next for you that you want to force on the American people?
    There are already MANY MANY things American people are forced to do. I am forced to pay taxes for wars I do not want. Other gay people are forced to not be able to have government recognize their marriages. Others are forced to not smoke marijuana in public without fear of being arrested. Hell, in some areas people are forced to not be able to smoke in public period without fear of being fined and/or arrested.

    You whine about being forced to buy into health care but seem to have no problem with other things you are forced to do.

    Spare me your selective outrage.

  5. #315
    Hippie Hater
    texmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Dallas TEXAS
    Last Seen
    08-20-15 @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,969

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Filed does not prove it is unconstitutional.
    I never said it did.

    I addressed your laughable challenge to file when you didn't even know it had aleady been filed.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

    John Adams

  6. #316
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,836

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    The problem arises when you have government forcing you to buy a product from a private business. None of the things you mentioned above do that.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #317
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,397

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    TheNextEra;1058762626]I feel honored that you think of me as THE person to decide if it is constitutional, but I'm not. There are many legal experts that have already looked into it and have shown it to be constitutional. I am simply just agreeing with them and their decision.

    There are nine members of the Supreme Court that trump your legal experts and we will see how they respond.

    There are already MANY MANY things American people are forced to do. I am forced to pay taxes for wars I do not want. Other gay people are forced to not be able to have government recognize their marriages. Others are forced to not smoke marijuana in public without fear of being arrested. Hell, in some areas people are forced to not be able to smoke in public period without fear of being fined and/or arrested.
    So you want a cafeteria style govt. where you can pick and choose what you support or not? Interesting. Have you read the Constitution? The role of the govt. is to protect its citizens and that means supporting wars that you don't agree with. I doubt that you would agree with any war and would simply try and talk our enemies to death.

    Gay marriage has nothing to do with the Constitution, Marriage isn't a Constituional right. Smoking Marijuana is what I believe you are doing with just about every post because that is about as much sense as you are making.

    You whine about being forced to buy into health care but seem to have no problem with other things you are forced to do.

    Spare me your selective outrage.
    I buy insurance because of personal responsibility and understanding that I have a responsibility to pay for services I get. My insurance relieves my financial responsibility something apparently you don't seem to understand.

    if someone chooses not to buy insurance then the hospital or doctor has ever right to go after the assets of that individual. instead they want to take the easy way out and get the money from the taxpayer.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are nine members of the Supreme Court that trump your legal experts and we will see how they respond.
    Just as they can trump your precious AGs that are filing. Remember that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Have you read the Constitution? The role of the govt. is to protect its citizens and that means supporting wars that you don't agree with. I doubt that you would agree with any war and would simply try and talk our enemies to death.
    And it is also insuring the care of the American citizens. As this bill does. As for wars, you have no idea what I support, because you don't care and you just spout worthless rhetoric.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Gay marriage has nothing to do with the Constitution, Marriage isn't a Constituional right.
    Now who is picking and choosing. Marrying someone of a different race was not deemed constitutional at one time as well. If ever ruled constitutional, gay marriage would be included as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Smoking Marijuana is what I believe you are doing with just about every post because that is about as much sense as you are making.
    Ah yes, because ANYONE who disagrees with the bill being unconstitutional smoke pot. Classic moronic comment from you again.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I buy insurance because of personal responsibility and understanding that I have a responsibility to pay for services I get. My insurance relieves my financial responsibility something apparently you don't seem to understand.

    if someone chooses not to buy insurance then the hospital or doctor has ever right to go after the assets of that individual. instead they want to take the easy way out and get the money from the taxpayer.
    What YOU do is irrelevant.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 05-21-10 at 03:40 PM.

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The problem arises when you have government forcing you to buy a product from a private business. None of the things you mentioned above do that.
    It forces you to take responsibility for yourself or suffer the consequences much like the government forces you to do many many other things.

  10. #320
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,743

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It forces you to take responsibility for yourself or suffer the consequences much like the government forces you to do many many other things.
    If you really supported people taking responsibility for themselves or face consequences you would

    1) oppose social security

    2) call for an end of most of the welfare state socialism

    You'd be a LIBERTARIAN



Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •