Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 330

Thread: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

  1. #171
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    No it says Provide... You are just showing how uninformed you are. You make personal attacks in hoping to help your arguement, but it doesn't at all. Maybe you should read the constitution, it says provide.
    Is this the way you are in real life or is this an act. If it is the way you really are then I fear for the education system in our country. You need to start with the Preamble to the Constitution and then move forward. You aren't nearly as smart as you think you are. You seem to be walking proof of the arrogance of today's youth even when wrong on the issues. You simply cannot admit it.

    We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

  2. #172
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Haha you are taking my point to literally, it was just an example. My point is not every part of the constitution is used as it was intended for. And if you think you need to go to law school to be able to read and understand the constitution you are sadly mistaken.
    you have made claims that prove to me-someone who has lectured at law schools on the constitution-that your interpretation is lacking grounding in proper scholarship.

    the fact is, many people think that "general welfare" means something that authorizes specific congressional power-it does not



  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have made claims that prove to me-someone who has lectured at law schools on the constitution-that your interpretation is lacking grounding in proper scholarship.

    the fact is, many people think that "general welfare" means something that authorizes specific congressional power-it does not
    It's isn't a fact, it's open to interpretation. We don't know what all the founders meant when they wrote each little bit of the constitution.

  4. #174
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Childish labels? You are the one saying "Messiah" and "Obamunism" Grow up

    As for this being unconstitutional, then if the states lose their lawsuits, that means it is constitutional and you are WRONG.

    But then that won't stop you on the far-right from whining.
    yawn-you wouldn't know far right if it bit you on your ass. You spew those terms as a facade to cover up your lack of knowledge



  5. #175
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    It's isn't a fact, it's open to interpretation. We don't know what all the founders meant when they wrote each little bit of the constitution.
    yes we do-



  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Is this the way you are in real life or is this an act. If it is the way you really are then I fear for the education system in our country. You need to start with the Preamble to the Constitution and then move forward. You aren't nearly as smart as you think you are. You seem to be walking proof of the arrogance of today's youth even when wrong on the issues. You simply cannot admit it.

    We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
    Haha you just keep making yourself look foolish. I clearly stated in my post that I was refering to section 8 of the constitution in which it says provide. Please learn to read.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yes we do-
    Really? Please give me a link (or any other type of proof) that describes what every founder meant in each bit of the constitution.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yawn-you wouldn't know far right if it bit you on your ass. You spew those terms as a facade to cover up your lack of knowledge
    Sorry the truth hurts you soo much. As for you lecturing law school, what a laugh and a lie.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yes we do-
    No, your ego just thinks you do.

  10. #180
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by pro-bipartisan View Post
    Really? Please give me a link (or any other type of proof) that describes what every founder meant in each bit of the constitution.
    changing the issue? lame

    we know what the founders based the constitution on
    we know the assumptions they worked under
    we have their writings contemporaneous with the Constitution

    you are just being plain stupid now



Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •