Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 330

Thread: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

  1. #111
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Ok. So what you really expected when Obama took office is for him to turn an economy where 700000 people every month are losing their jobs to an economy where 500000 people are gaining jobs over night?

    Maybe you're just upset because conservatives predicted that Obama would obliterate the economy and in reality it's turning around. I wonder what you'll say when we start gaining 500000 jobs every month?

    EDIT: Also, show me where the number of discouraged workers grew in april. I think you're making it up.

    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - April Jobs report: Best gain in four years - Blogs from CNN.com
    Interesting, what were your expectations when Obama signed the 842 billion dollar stimulus plan that he said would cap unemployment at 8%?

    As for the number of discouraged workers, go to bls.gov

    http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/surveymost?ln

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197

    Discouraged workers in March 994 thousand and in April 1.197 million.

    Why don't you hold your own candidates to the same scrutiny you hold me to? It is always prove your numbers to me then when I do prove the numbers you and others are on to another topic. It really is something when an ideology creates such brainwashed people who always trust but never verify.
    Last edited by Conservative; 05-19-10 at 06:00 PM.

  2. #112
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,307
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting, what were your expectations when Obama signed the 842 billion dollar stimulus plan that he said would cap unemployment at 8%?

    As for the number of discouraged workers, go to bls.gov

    Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197

    Discouraged workers in March 994 thousand and in April 1.197 million.

    Why don't you hold your own candidates to the same scrutiny you hold me to? It is always prove your numbers to me then when I do prove the numbers you and others are on to another topic. It really is something when an ideology creates such brainwashed people who always trust but never verify.
    Obama's economic advisers projected that it would cap unemployment at 8 %. Projection is another word for "educated guess".

    To answer your question, I hoped that it would keep things from getting as bad as they would if it was not passed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Obama's economic advisers projected that it would cap unemployment at 8 %. Projection is another word for "educated guess".

    To answer your question, I hoped that it would keep things from getting as bad as they would if it was not passed.
    Spending 842 billion dollars is just another example of someone who hasn't any concept of just how much that is. It was indeed a projection and it was wrong. How could someone who was in the Senate and part of the problem be so wrong and you give him a pass?

    Stop buying the rhetoric of someone who claims that no one should ever let a good crisis go to waste. This President is taking advantage of every crisis most of which he is creating to destroy the foundation upon which this economy was built. People like you continue to give him a pass.

  4. #114
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,307
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Spending 842 billion dollars is just another example of someone who hasn't any concept of just how much that is. It was indeed a projection and it was wrong. How could someone who was in the Senate and part of the problem be so wrong and you give him a pass?

    Stop buying the rhetoric of someone who claims that no one should ever let a good crisis go to waste. This President is taking advantage of every crisis most of which he is creating to destroy the foundation upon which this economy was built. People like you continue to give him a pass.
    No one can accurately predict the future. Not you, not me. The report that the 8 % figure came from made it clear that the numbers where estimates and projections and could be wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No one can accurately predict the future. Not you, not me. The report that the 8 % figure came from made it clear that the numbers where estimates and projections and could be wrong.
    So we had to spend pass the 842 billion dollar stimulus plan on a partyline vote immediately without reading the bill or even having an honest debate? The bill was signed in February 2009 and here we are 15 months later and the unemployment is worse. When does Obama get held accountable for this failure?

    Do you realize what a fool this President is making of people like you?

  6. #116
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,307
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So we had to spend pass the 842 billion dollar stimulus plan on a partyline vote immediately without reading the bill or even having an honest debate? The bill was signed in February 2009 and here we are 15 months later and the unemployment is worse. When does Obama get held accountable for this failure?

    Do you realize what a fool this President is making of people like you?
    Did the 842 b keep things from getting as bad as they could have? I believe it did. There is evidence it did. The idea that since unemployment exceeded the projection does not mean the stimulus did not work.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great job of picking and choosing data that you believe supports your point of view. It takes almost 500,000 jobs a month to make any kind of dent in the unemployment rate so the measly 300,000 caused the rates to rise and the number of unemployed and discouraged to grow. Only a true liberal can spin those numbers positively. You make my point with every post, you are young, immature, naive, and factually challenged.
    How am I picking and choosing? You asked me what kind of jobs were being created and I told you. To me that sounds like an answer.

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    maybe so, maybe not. The problem here is Obama did, or didn't do what he thought was the correct course of action, but that he chose a Keynesian approach that has failed miserably in every other place it has been instituted. Get a load of Greece, this is Obama's path but on a much larger scale.





    With all due respect sir, if you think that the only way to dig out of a recession like the one we are still in, is to print ever increasing amounts of money, backed by loans from other countries to fund our debt and social morass, then it may just be you whom needs some refresher in econ 101.

    I never said that.



    The first thing that should have been pledged to the American people is like a doctor, first do no harm!

    Okay... that's irrelevant to anything I said.



    You have to stop the bleeding first...Obama opened the wound and poured steroids in it.

    Okay, once again I never posted anything contrary to that.



    Not true at all. There were plenty of things that would have helped stimulate business to let them know that the government had their back, and they would have started producing more. As it is now, Obama is schizophrenic with business. One minute demonizing them to the public, the next patting them on the back. They don't know which way to turn, but they do know one thing, higher taxes, and mandated expenditures will destroy them.

    I disagree, I don't think Obama could have done anything to significantly help the economy within a year of taking office.



    NOT TRUE!!!!! Obama in his term so far has watched MILLIONS of jobs disappear while he plays golf. Now you libs want to yell success from the roof tops over a couple of bell hop jobs? Give me a break! Unemployment is a reported 9.9% which is a lie because the actual number of people out of work, out of benefits, and out of patience is closer to 17%. Obama may just unseat Carter as the worst disaster to this country in memory!


    j-mac
    Yes it is true... just check the deptarment of labor and statistics.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    02-12-11 @ 12:32 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    939

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    maybe so, maybe not. The problem here is Obama did, or didn't do what he thought was the correct course of action, but that he chose a Keynesian approach that has failed miserably in every other place it has been instituted. Get a load of Greece, this is Obama's path but on a much larger scale.





    With all due respect sir, if you think that the only way to dig out of a recession like the one we are still in, is to print ever increasing amounts of money, backed by loans from other countries to fund our debt and social morass, then it may just be you whom needs some refresher in econ 101.





    The first thing that should have been pledged to the American people is like a doctor, first do no harm!





    You have to stop the bleeding first...Obama opened the wound and poured steroids in it.





    Not true at all. There were plenty of things that would have helped stimulate business to let them know that the government had their back, and they would have started producing more. As it is now, Obama is schizophrenic with business. One minute demonizing them to the public, the next patting them on the back. They don't know which way to turn, but they do know one thing, higher taxes, and mandated expenditures will destroy them.





    NOT TRUE!!!!! Obama in his term so far has watched MILLIONS of jobs disappear while he plays golf. Now you libs want to yell success from the roof tops over a couple of bell hop jobs? Give me a break! Unemployment is a reported 9.9% which is a lie because the actual number of people out of work, out of benefits, and out of patience is closer to 17%. Obama may just unseat Carter as the worst disaster to this country in memory!


    j-mac
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting, what were your expectations when Obama signed the 842 billion dollar stimulus plan that he said would cap unemployment at 8%?

    As for the number of discouraged workers, go to bls.gov

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Annual
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197

    Discouraged workers in March 994 thousand and in April 1.197 million.

    Why don't you hold your own candidates to the same scrutiny you hold me to? It is always prove your numbers to me then when I do prove the numbers you and others are on to another topic. It really is something when an ideology creates such brainwashed people who always trust but never verify.
    I know you weren't directing the question at me but i didn't expect Obama fix the economy in a year. I expect him as President to significantly help the economy by the end of his first term.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: Mark Critz Defeats Tim Burns in Pennsylvania Special Election for Murtha's Seat

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Did the 842 b keep things from getting as bad as they could have? I believe it did. There is evidence it did. The idea that since unemployment exceeded the projection does not mean the stimulus did not work.
    Would you please listen to yourself? Obama made a prediction that the unemployment rate would not exceed 8% with the stimulus but was wrong yet you are willing to give him a pass with another prediction that things would have been worse had the stimulus not passed. You don't see a problem with that?

    In fact things are worse, we had a total unemployment of 11.9 million and that number is now 15.2 million. You call that better?

    You continue to buy what Obama tells you because you want to believe him. Try his act on your employer, tell him you want to spend a lot of money and generate these meager results. Think you would be employed very long?

    I just don't get it, 842 BILLION dollars that is now over a trillion and these are the best that can be done? incredible that your standards are so low. I expected a lot more from that kind of investment that apparently you do or could it be that you simply are used to liberal failures and believe this is a success? I doubt the 15.2 million unemployed people today consider this a success.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •